1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Nope. I see it. But at least I'm not trying to go for a reach that can go across the planet almost like some of these lunatics do.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I had an Amazon double-fuckup with my EW preorder:

- Preordered Friday two weeks ago. Gave them time to mail my preorder bonus code until Tuesday. Got nothing, canceled my pre-order with Amazon, bought EW on Humble, instantly got my bonus code.

- Yesterday, I received an email from Amazon with an apology about the delay, a 10 Euros credit on Amazon and another pre-order code.

yay?

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    This is why I hate social media and this snowflake generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Then why are you acting like a little bitch because someone complained? Seems pretty snowflake to get upset over people having opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    I just hope the irony of his 16,540th post on an internet forum he's been frequenting for 15 years isn't lost on him
    There's so much nerd happening here and I thank you for it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

It just feels like anytime someone doesn't like a complaint someone is making they just love to overreact and call the complainer snowflakes when they could, you know, move on with their life.

BG Level

Official lyrics for the first trailer back in Spring: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/003250.html

Spoiler: show

Endwalker - Footfalls

Heart of ember, autumntide
    Cooling swiftly, bleeding light
    Smold'ring softly, biding time
    Marching forward, left behind

Fire as shadows clash
    Forgotten footfalls engraved in ash
    Fire will be repaid
    'Fore our echoes begin to fade

Fade away... Fade away...

Heart of ember, autumntide
    Burning brightly, hot and white
    Kindred severed neverwhere
    Sorrow's silence, we needn't bear

Stories sown along the way
    Tales of loss and fire and faith

Dys an sohm in [Our slumber disturbed]
    Rohs an kyn ala na [All my brothers wake]
    Mah morn [Death comes]
    Dys an sohm in [Our slumber disturbed]
    Sahl djahs afah an [Vengeance will be ours]

Storm of blood, born from blood, of our fallen brothers
    Thunder stilled, oaths fulfilled, now we yearn for freedom

Born in blood (still we forge ahead), stained in red (unto tomorrow)
    Bound by love (so we forge ahead), purpose fed (unto tomorrow, bring us tomorrow)
    Courage thrives (ever forge ahead), hand in hand (unto tomorrow, welcome tomorrow)
    Souls aligned (that we forge ahead), forge ahead (yeah, we forge ahead, yeah, we forge ahead)
    Forward

Our song of hope, she dances on the wind higher, oh higher
    E'er our vows endure, and remain forever strong
    Standing tall in the dark do we carry on

On wings of hope, you rise up through the night higher, oh higher
    Carrying our song, cradled fast within your arms
    That its chorus might ring for all

One brings shadow, one brings light
    Two-toned echoes tumbling through time
    Tumbling down to the never

Every step we take
    Echoes in our wake
    Winding 'round our fate
    To forge ahead

Should we lose our way
    Tire of all this pain
    We won't be afraid
    To forge ahead

Fearless hearts ablaze
    (When the world comes crumbling down)
    No more time to waste
    (Know I'll be there)
    No, it's not too late
    (Though our fleeting moment has gone)
    To forge ahead
    (You're not--you're not alone YEAH)

As we ride again
    (As you turn your eyes to the stars)
    To another end
    (Oh, I'll be there)
    Where it all begins
    (With my chorus guiding you)
    Forge ahead
    (Forge ahead)

BG Level

So newb question. I know people said cryptlurker gear would be available through Poetics when Endwalker goes live but will anything change with Revelation tomestones?

There will likely be a new set of tomestones you get along the way to 90 and at, so what's available now will probably in the conversion NPC to poetics. Basically, probably not a bad idea to fully stock yourself on everything if you want to buy a full 80 set or two.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Revelations will be discontinued when Endwalker launches. When the Pandemonium raids drop two weeks after Endwalker launch, a new tomestone will be introduced (with weekly cap) for level 90 gear. You’ll be able to turn in your existing revelation tomes for a while to convert to the new tomes at something like a 3 to 1 ratio, probably up until 6.2 or so, at that point they will be totally obsolete and deleted from the game.

BG Level

So probably something not worth worrying about and instead focus on poetics for my 70 gear

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ehhh, it will give you a slight edge when the new tomestones come out but in the grand scheme of things it’s not a huge deal. People trying to world first the raids and stuff will be on it.

BG Level

Yeah true. My plan was to just get Shire stuff then buy the weapons when they come out after I finish the MSQ and go from there to see if I like any of the new jobs.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Do remember that you will be able to spend 100 poetics to upgrade your cryptlurker gear to augmented once endwalker releases, too, if you don’t want to spend your poetics on a full set. So you can always spend your revelations on cryptlurker gear to upgrade later.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Feel like the teased dungeon doesn't really fit the river aesthetic enough. Rather, paired with the presence of XI's empty mobs in the trailer, that may be a zone more akin to Abyssea with its own reddish/orange skies and maybe even linked to the Trial of Mt. Ordeals depending on what the narrative puts us through. Though, more likely it's "the path to Zodiark" or something like that.

Something to be mindful of given the IV references is that the game did have an underground portion, too. Personally, I don't think having a sky fits with that and Shadowbringers using dwarves, who lived in said underground, also hamstrings the potential of unknown societies existing beneath the surface.

Assuming Emet is truly dead dead for realsies, the other stuff could pretty much just be allusion. Looking for something doesn't always mean you have to go somewhere, but could instead be something introspective.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Feel like the teased dungeon doesn't really fit the river aesthetic enough. Rather, paired with the presence of XI's empty mobs in the trailer, that may be a zone more akin to Abyssea with its own reddish/orange skies and maybe even linked to the Trial of Mt. Ordeals depending on what the narrative puts us through. Though, more likely it's "the path to Zodiark" or something like that.

Something to be mindful of given the IV references is that the game did have an underground portion, too. Personally, I don't think having a sky fits with that and Shadowbringers using dwarves, who lived in said underground, also hamstrings the potential of unknown societies existing beneath the surface.

Assuming Emet is truly dead dead for realsies, the other stuff could pretty much just be allusion. Looking for something doesn't always mean you have to go somewhere, but could instead be something introspective.
    However, from 2.X we have statements that Primals are summoned from the Aetherial Sea/Underworld... maybe there could be a tie-in in a Cave of Summons?

Possibly. I can't exactly say that fits the aesthetic of that cave, either, but I suppose some liberties can be applied in a jump from 2D to 3D.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm relatively sure we're going to see a Mother Crystal trial/dungeon/zone and an Aetherial Sea dungeon/zone, so that area may very well be one of those. He assumes the area from the video is a dungeon, but it could very well be a zone, too, since it's been stated that as part of the updated Trust system, you can see the Trust NPC follow you around when you do the quests. My guess is that the clip from the video is a dungeon since it fits the aesthetics of a dungeon more, though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

24 hour maintenance begins 4am EST on December 2nd preparing for the launch of early access. IT’S HAPPENING!

BG Level

Oh shi- guess I better start cutting back on sleep again like I'm trying to catch a 6 AM flight.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The official XIV YouTube channel just uploaded a HQ version of the original 1.0 trailer that detailed the Battle of Silvertear Skies between Garlemald and Midgardsormr. The conspiracy theorist in me is stirring.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag