1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    1am EST for the 5.5 live letter if anyone is still awake for that
    Are the live letters still only in Japanese at release? I took a nap after my surgery today so I'll probably be up long enough to watch it if there's a translator or something.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So I guess 6.0 will end with WoL/Zenos becoming avatars for the elder primals like he wanted after all.

Didn't think the island thing was Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing, just Mog Gardens.

Guess everyone should get in their tank mount farming now.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The 8 person mount doesn't show the party members riding it, shame

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They explicitly said that the stat increase from 80->90 is gonna be the same scale as the previous 50->60, 60->70 and 70->80 and the stat adjustment is purely from 51-80. So yeah, while undersized parties from 80 and below might take a hit, at 90 I can't see it being too bad. At least, the level 50 and 60 content will still probably be eye-roll easy and 70 and 80 still having somewhat a bit of a challenge.

Also, who the fuck said we should be moving on from the Scions and Alisaie and Alphy? That's the dumbest shit ever.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Willing to bet the "big city" they didn't show off tonight is gonna be Sharlayan, probably where Alphinaud picks up his new job

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    They explicitly said that the stat increase from 80->90 is gonna be the same scale as the previous 50->60, 60->70 and 70->80 and the stat adjustment is purely from 51-80. So yeah, while undersized parties from 80 and below might take a hit, at 90 I can't see it being too bad. At least, the level 50 and 60 content will still probably be eye-roll easy and 70 and 80 still having somewhat a bit of a challenge.

Also, who the fuck said we should be moving on from the Scions and Alisaie and Alphy? That's the dumbest shit ever.
    You called?

Won't the stat increase just bring back the problem again eventually if they do a large boost 80 -> 90?

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Given that it's supposed to be a city/state/etc of intellect and education etc etc, and the new job being "Sage", it fits the bill all too well

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    You called?

Won't the stat increase just bring back the problem again eventually if they do a large boost 80 -> 90?
    I would assume for 7.0, they'll adjust the 80-90 game like they're doing now and let us experience the same growth from 90-100. And again, me saying they're going to do the usual increase from 80->90 isn't me speculating. It's literally what was said in the presentation.

And yes, it's stupid to think that we should move on from the Scions. One of the biggest reasons why ShB story was so good was because we didn't have to waste time on establishing who they were. Introduce a new group of friends who we do all our adventuring shit with, and you have to put that much more time into establishing who they are and their personal growth and etc. We already know who the Scions are and what they've been through and even the ones who have had vague character development (Thancred and Urianger) had some really wonderful story moments that added so much to their depth as characters. Didn't have to waste excessive time them and could focus on the broader story as a whole as a result.

Also, fuck you, Alisaie is bae and amazing.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm gonna go on a rant here but fuck it.

We had all of Heavensward for Alphy's character development. We had all of Stormblood for Alisaie. In Shadowbringers, we didn't have to focus on them at all, and instead got more fun, human moments. Them being actual siblings and poking fun of each other and really endearing shit like that.

Before ShB, whenever something emotional happened, Thancred would always ALWAYS be like "okay peace, I'm gonna go do some ninja spy shit and not show you at all how this affected me", and Urianger did the same, just instead was like "I'm gonna go read some books and shit". And in ShB we actually had moments with each of them showing us how they're still reeling with what happened to Minfilia. Thancred with not being able to protect his childhood friend/love, and Urianger dealing with the guilt of basically being the one to send her towards the path that has her where she currently is.

We never got ANY of that shit prior to this. And we wouldn't have gotten any of that shit either if we had to start from scratch with a new group of hero buddies.

Y'shtola is probably the only one at this point that I would want to see more from. But given that it looks like we might be going to Sharlayan and that's where Matoya is from and etc, etc (not to mention the twins), we'll probably get a buncha character development for her in this expansion too.

And ultimately if you don't like the stories they're involved in and their characters at this point or their character development so far and etc, etc. Well, nothing I can do about you having shitty taste.

Edit: That's what made G'raha Tia so fucking good too. He was already established. His goals, his dreams, what he wanted, etc. And through the 5.0->5.3 storyline, his willingness to sacrifice all that for the greater good was what made him so goddamn endearing, and was what made the ending he got all that much more enjoyable.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I will forever love Alisae. Love her character from end of HW through ShB.

<3

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I 100% agree

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Nah you make strong and fair points, I accept. My ultimate beef is in the same vein as anime, I just don't prefer teens/child (they look like it to me, blame the height maybe lol) taking the central stage and prefer more older characters, at least looking like young adults. Though I accept that this is japan and we're not going to deviate from that formula ever i'll still moan about it a little lol

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't know why they don't just move to an FFXI / XIV1.0 style ATT vs. DEF math flow to keep numbers both sane, and growth more controllable without it scaling exponentially. Beats having to do a stat squish every few expacs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Oooooo we going to Radz-At-Han
    Make's sense, if you ever remember the MSQ that's the way into Garlemald. Likely How were getting there as well.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

I'm excite, especially since we'll finally start building towards a new villain in 6.1. I'd be down for a time skip of sorts after the finale of 6.0. Show how the realm has recovered after w/e events are coming and our old foes in general. Maybe see the twins grown.....

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Time to take 6 months to cap out my Furrows in xiv as well

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Time to take 6 months to cap out my Furrows in xiv as well
    Ugh, I hate you for reminding me about this, I only finished doing that last year, lol

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can't expect that content to be anywhere on the level of useful for your efforts like XI's Mog Resort. Most I'd expect is applyable FC-buff equivalents (like Squadrons), and maybe the whole thing acting like ghetto retainer bounties where you can focus cultivating certain mats you want more of.

Also can't wait to see how they fuck up healers next expac with the whole split between raw heals vs. shields.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    The 8 person mount doesn't show the party members riding it, shame
    You didn't ride on the fucking outside of the Big Whale in FF4 either, so this makes perfect sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag