1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast
    Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

As someone who started after 4.0, I had a fair bit of fun with it doing the Alex raids - and it's just generally a fun class to play around with personally.

Though I never found a group for checking off the 70 achievements so I guess interest waned.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I haven't seen it asked, however I recall an interview from very recently talking about Matsuno and the fate of the Gabranth/Dalmasca storyline in which they spoke about Beast Master and how it was unlikely that they'd make it a limited job due to the reception around BLU.

That doesn't fully exclude future limited jobs, but I'd assume they aren't planning any in the near future. Honestly the concept of limited jobs is pretty fucking stupid so I personally hope they never add one again.
    Agreed with everything you said there.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think it’s fine if they keep the current model of keeping at the level cap of the previous expansion and letting it do content up to that point. It’s too broken to allow in current endgame but let it be a playground for older stuff.

People be like “waaaaaah I can’t use it in roulettes”, who cares, you can still *gasp* make your own party and que in yourself and do it.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'll be completely fine with a limited job if they fix the issues of BLU where you need a group for specific spells/etc.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Watching these interviews I have to say Aimi has gotten much better as a translator. Her first couple of live letters were really rough, I assume it was partially nerves and partially not knowing alot about FF14 in general to understand what was being discussed.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yoshi P has given his blessing for all of the warriors of light to use him as an emote in Discord/Twitch.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I love that man so much. To have a dev who is a human first, gamer second and dev third is amazing.

WoW devs wanted to be known as rockstars. Yoshi never wanted it, still doesn't want it, and yet he's become one.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I love that man so much. To have a dev who is a human first, gamer second and dev third is amazing.

WoW devs wanted to be known as rockstars. Yoshi never wanted it, still doesn't want it, and yet he's become one.
    I'm pretty sure that's the story of the Crystal Exarch as a hero in Shadowbringers lol

and Ryne for that fact... it's a pretty common theme in the game actually.

BG Level

Got around to looking at the GamerScape stuff and loving the PLD/RDM changes. Need to reevaluate my Ninja hotbars and maybe Dancer too.

Samurai looks like it's going to still be a clusterfuck of skills sadly.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Yeah, it's brought up when you're exploring Amaurot during the main story quest. Here's a dialogue blurb from the quest The End of a World:

Have you not heard? Though yet confined to the lands across the sea, a terrible phenomenon afflicts our star. They are calling it the “Final Days.”

'Tis said it starts suddenly, a cacophonous keening from beneath the earth. The sound distorts all living things within earshot, and wrests from us control of our creation magicks.

Once that happens, all is lost. Fear, pain, despair...every dread impulse is siphoned from our minds and given substance: an eternal fall of fiery rain; an incessant spawning of nightmarish beasts...

None can point to the source of the phenomenon. 'Tis as if the star itself has fallen ill─as if a force inimical to life now festers and spreads.

'Tis only a matter of time until Amaurot, too, resounds to that discordant squall. You should stay with your loved ones, child... Stay with them...

And I'm sure it's talked about at other times too
    Coming back to this, the Endwalker site was updated today and has a pretty interesting description for Pandaemonium:

I also was looking around at some threads on what I call the "Kingdom of Zeal" zone that we have concept art for and someone was talking about Lavos which made me think... could the illness affecting the star they discuss in the quest be something like Lavos? A parasitic being eating away at the star? Is that the "ancient power" that had to be captured?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The so called Dreamer, yeah, that theory is pretty popular

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

We know that the source is basically the original planet of the ascians, albeit with a shit ton of reflections of it. Whatever was sleeping down there has to still be there. Whatever that "rumbling" was that freaked the fuck out of the Amaraout citizenry and their godlike powers has to still exist. They prayed to Zodiark for salvation, but that could have simply resulted in Zodiark eliminating all of the horrible monsters they subconsciously created and putting to sleep whatever was the cause of the rumbling that drove them all batty with fear.

We'll find out soon enough. If I get an undersea Palace song made by Soken, I'll lose what little shit I have left regarding this expansion.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This makes me wonder if Pandemonium is what Midgardsommr was tasked with guarding. Would make some of the primals leaking out from the crash site make a bit of sense. And it makes me think that we'll ultimately need both Zodiark and Hydaelyn's help.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Remember too that the pact between Hydaleyn and Midgardsormr was that Midgardsormr must always protect Silver Tear Lake. There is SOMETHING down there. Add to the fact that the Crystal Tower was intentionally built nearby to feed on the thermal energy and ether in the area…something big looms in the Scion’s back yard.

Guys are reaching a bit too deep with a Chrono Trigger reference. Shit's gonna be Zeromus to bring the FF4 references full circle, and it's not like it couldn't work given how minimal a buildup he got as a final boss in his origin game. Maybe not as bad as Necron in 9, but close. Of course, if we're gonna cling to the space parasite theory, Jenova is also an option. It'd just break the 4 motif they've been working with even if it could translate to a marketing tie-in with 7R's second+ parts.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, I mentioned it earlier; I strongly believe the next storyline will involve whatever it was the Ascians were afraid of. It is strange that whatever it was has not been heard of since then, but I suspect that can be due to several reasons. It might have been sundered together with the Ascians, but the one I feel is moat likely is that Zodiarc and/or Hydaelyn act as a “seal”, keeping it in check.

In Endwalker, we’ll likely defeat both Zodiarc and Hydaelyn, which I’m guessing will break the seal. My theory is that Hydaelyn, maybe in the form of Minfilia (as I’m guessing she’s either Venat and the form she chose to take/create), will be the final boss — a battle which will probably take place in silvertear lake where Hydaelyn’s body is hidden.

After the credits roll, I’m guessing we’ll have a cutscene with a loud roar (similar to how 2.0 ended with Bahamut, full circle and all that), a loud noise, or basically whatever happened to the Ascians that made them freak out in the first place. Leading to 6.1 starting the new story line where we have to investigate it and deal with the aftermath of everyone freaking out.

Edit: As for Minfilia seemingly not knowing she’s Venat earlier, it’s not unheard of. Gaia, too, had lost her memories and had no idea she was an Ascian. I suspect something similar might have happened to Venat (who I also believe likely created Sharlayan). Remember that she said something like her taking the form she chooses and traveling among us, or something like that. I’d need to rewatch the cutscene. The scions made an off-handed remark about not hearing Hydaelyn’s voice for a long time, which coincidentally hasn’t happened since Minfillia died — with the exception of when Minfillia spoke to us as “The Word of the Mother.”

At the same time, when an Ascian dies, their soul is returned to the Aether until they are reborn and can possess another being. And, surprise surprise, Minfillia is (probably) in the Aether, perhaps because she’s chosen to not possess another being.

BG Level

I really hope they don't blue ball us with the source of what caused the fall of the Ascians. That's been my biggest question since the end of Shadowbringers.

Considering Yoshida said Zenos/Zodiark won't be the final boss I'm sometimes curious if this "source" will be.

EDIT: I never payed much attention to Lahabrea's speech during Praetorium where he says Hydaelyn is a cause for the growing imbalance in The Source and if it continues could warp reality. I don't know if that's just him trying to justify Zodiark's ressurection or if there could be something to that.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm kind of worried for Endwalker, since Alphinau and Alisae are based on Porom and Palom. There has been a lot of references to FFIV lately — hell, Endwalker even has a dungeon called Tower of Zot, and we're going to the moon which was heavily involved in the FFIV story. So I get the feeling that something bad will happen to either Alphinau, Alisae, or both.

Considering Alphinaud's recent character development and bromance with Arenvald, my theory is that Alisae will do something reckless like she always does and put the part in danger, and Alphinaud will sacrifice himself to save the party (by turning to stone?), which leads to Alisae blaming herself and getting some character development to become less reckless. And I like the twins, I would hate for either of them to have a permanent death. So if they follow the FFIV storyline of petrification, I sure hope we can save them.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

See I’m kind of the opposite, I’m actively hoping for a major character death (one of the Scions) to spice things up. The Thancred came out in Shadowbringers pissed me off big time lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I was definitely expecting Thancred to die against Ranjit, but wasn't upset about him living. Loved seeing him be a badass against Hades.

With this truly being the end of this story though, I wouldn't be surprised at all with some huge deaths.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag