1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -3 hours, -45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

New dungeon is really dope and Diamond Weapon fight was really fun. Went in totally blind and had a blast. Will try NieR raid tomorrow.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

New dungeon was awesome. So much fun. And wow, I went with trusts the first time and then got it again on expert roulette. Forgot how goddamn slow the trusts are lol. Did the dungeon in like 15 minutes with humans, including 2 newbies.

Nier raid was.... long lol. Went on Rdm and spent more time spamming Verraise then I did actual DPS spells. But I'm sure shit will speed up as people get used to the mechanics, which were pretty interesting.

Gonna go do Diamond Weapon soon

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Final Nier raid took damn near two hours lol. I spent half the time dying on GNB.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I really can't get into this raid tier XD If it wasn't for the music it would be a total no for me. After doing the new one I noticed I'm missing a coin from the bunker to upgrade my gear, went there and just reminded myself why I didn't do that one more than one or twice, lol. Farming these for coins will be a pain.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The final boss song was fantastic. Was it a new remix anyone know? Felt like a mix of Nier and classic FF but I dunno if it's new or not

Also, Diamond Weapon normal was pretty fun. The story was kinda boring for the most part, but the ending got to me. Really hit me

Spoiler: show
    Also was super unnecessary to include a popping and liquid dripping sound effect when whatshisface got squished to death =X

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

NieR raid was great. Many Drakengard references on last boss, see below! (Drag on Dragoon). The song is a new mixture of Kaine (Salvation) from NieR Replicant and the traditional FF ending theme. A very weird choice in my opinion, but I can't help but think they are trying to advertise/sell NieR replicant upgrade which is coming out next week.

The raid isn't particularly hard I feel. Of course it was a nice learning experience at first, but as usual the 3rd boss proved to be the most interesting. The use of music for the 3rd boss was fantastic and felt great (it's from Automata, used in some parts of the game where you've being overwhelmed by extreme odds against you).

I feel the devs were lazy for the 2nd boss though, they didn't even use its original theme and recycled a completely out of place song from the Copied Factory!

edit: regarding final nier raid boss:

I assumed we were going to kill it, and then this basically happens, which leads into NieR Replicant as it did in Drakengard 1's E ending.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Diamond weapon was (subjectively) one of the better primal fights imho, all the mechanics were understandable and fair and you could always tell -what- killed you and what to do about it later.

Also I love that hymn-like section/version of Tomorrow and Tomorrow. goosebumps each and every time :D
    I can't believe how much SE has just repeatedly brought it with shadowbringers.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So simple yes/no question... Is Nier a mindfuck like the final raid wing is? Since during the last half of the fight when I meet the red spawn of Satan I'm screaming "JESUS CHRIST" inside

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yes.

BG Level

Maybe I'll check it out later. I heard there's a patch in the works to fix the shitty Steam port of the game.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So simple yes/no question... Is Nier a mindfuck like the final raid wing is? Since during the last half of the fight when I meet the red spawn of Satan I'm screaming "JESUS CHRIST" inside
    Yeah I had no fucking clue what was going on after the third fight.

BG Level

Nier Automata and it's predecessors are already tough enough to follow as is for those who played it. I can only imagine those clueless to all the nods and throwbacks lol.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The final set of cutscenes for Werylt are master class and easily in my top 3 for best cutscenes in the game.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    The final set of cutscenes for Werylt are master class and easily in my top 3 for best cutscenes in the game.
    I laughed hard
    Valens got squashed like a grape and then YEETED, lmao

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Maybe I'll check it out later. I heard there's a patch in the works to fix the shitty Steam port of the game.
    You got a PS4? You can check out a demo of it https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/...ERAUTOMATADEMO and it plays pretty much the same as retail.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I laughed hard
    Valens got squashed like a grape and then YEETED, lmao
    Fucker got what he deserved. I always hated how over-expressive his face was in the earlier cutscenes with him, but it worked so well with the fear/agony he felt moments before being killed.

I only hope that this isn't the end to Gaius's story. I'd love to see him back in the MSQ for the next patch and/or Endwalker

BG Level

Patch 5.5: Death Unto Dawn (April 13th 2021)

Fucker got what he deserved. I always though how over-expressive his face was got annoying, but it worked so well with the fear/agony he felt moments before being killed.

I only hope that this isn't the end to Gaius's story. I'd love to see him back in the MSQ for the next patch and/or Endwalker
    I said the same thing on discord.

That hopefully they make this quest line mandatory for Endwalker because I’d love to see more of Gaius continuing his redemption arc as part of the MSQ.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Most of the story was kinda meh, but yeah the ending was really great

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I dug it all until the flashback orb. "Oh, man, Gaius, you're so cool for "adopting" a bunch of refugee kids from lands YOU tore apart, indoctrinating them into the Garlean way and giving them a 'home' amongst conquest-hungry and civilization-massacring imperials. What a hero."

Every single problem they've ever had was because of the Garleans but hey, Gaius is cool.

Fuck him. A thousand rights don't make up for the wrongs.

Valens got popped like a cherry tomato, though, so that was great.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's more Japanese storytelling. The bad guy who's a genocidal maniac can be forgiven so long as he says sorry and fights for the good guys.

Unfortunately it worked on me this time.