1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Yup.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    But it wasn't Vegeta's fault. Freeza was a big meanie that made the Sayians do all that bad stuff. You're blaming the victim.

Okay joking aside I did a bit of a lookup on Diamond Weapon EX and is it me or does this fight seem quite easy as long as you don't fuck up platform jumping?
    Yeah, it seems rather easy compared to previous trials

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Maybe I'll give it a go tomorrow then. If it means I can bypass cryptlurker weapon farming

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Usually the last EX trial before a new expansion is easier because most people will already have access to BIS equipment.

BG Level

Nice. Wish I could find a group of people my server but between me playing severely casual now and not trusting the typical "We got an active FC" bullshit claim seems like more trouble than it's worth.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

We got an active FC = You're gonna deal with a lot of drama and immaturity.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There are plenty of learning groups for Diamond on the PF right now. I just watched a guide video and joined a learn party, we ended up clearing after 3-4 tries. No drop though

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    We got an active FC = You're gonna deal with a lot of drama and immaturity.
    Normally when I get a claim about an "active FC looking to do stuff" it means the FC had only 5ish members online with an even larger portion being logged out for weeks and months. Even then the online users are never actually active in said FC.

Sucks I moved to Ultros back when and then again to Siren when I came back this time around under the same hollow promise. Maybe I should just return to Hyperion on some point and say "the hell with it".

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Some reports out now of people with epilepsy being triggered by flashing light patterns in the third NieR raid tier, oops

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Too bad for them, I guess.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

People data mined the Zenos scene to try to find out what weapon he picked up. The results?
    Spoiler: show
    He legit doesn’t pick up anything in the scene and it’s SE using smart cinematography to hide it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I really don't see the point of hiding the weapon. The Japanese love their damned secrets a little too much for me but I'm also not into speculation like some others are.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Did the katana he was using in Stormblood have some significance? I vaguely remember something about a prophecy, did you need to be on SAM to get some extra details like DRG in HW?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I really don't see the point of hiding the weapon. The Japanese love their damned secrets a little too much for me but I'm also not into speculation like some others are.
    Speculation is that the weapon Zenos uses will be the weapon for the new physical dps job in Endwalker and they are waiting to announce that at fan fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Did the katana he was using in Stormblood have some significance? I vaguely remember something about a prophecy, did you need to be on SAM to get some extra details like DRG in HW?
    Zenos was trained as a hand to hand fighter in his youth until the invasion of Doma when he picked up the katana from people he defeated there. I think they go over it in some of the flashback cutscenes with Asahi in the 4.2 or 4.3 story.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So maybe it will be closer to how he was trained to fight considering SE was very obvious about Zenos not being particularly good at using katanas. He's just strong as fuck for a mortal.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Patch 5.5: Death Unto Dawn (April 13th 2021)

Look at the WandaVision thread and how people were performing the craziest mental gymnastics in speculation lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Just played through all the expansions and the only prophecy I remember was something about the rise and fall of the sun that Urianger tells you before you take off for Kugane. Zenos also repeats it later on. Can’t remember exactly when.

But it wasn’t so much as a prophecy as it was a proverb from what I can recall. Didn’t seem like there was anything deeper to it.

BG Level

Found it.

"Look ye where the sun doth rise, see crimson embers, darkening skies. Look ye where the sun doth fall, see azure lost amidst the squall."

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Speculation is that the weapon Zenos uses will be the weapon for the new physical dps job in Endwalker and they are waiting to announce that at fan fest.
    This would make the most sense. I can’t recall any specific weapon being alluded to throughout the story that would warrant a hide and reveal to the audience for suspense.

BG Level

Better than my speculations. I thought maybe it would be Hein's katana given he was in the promo art but nowhere in the MSQ.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Given the timing of the next fan fest and the reveal of the job (mid May) and the release of 5.5 part 2 (end of May), makes sense why they would hide it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast