1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 13 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Holy shit! Lol

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lmao Asmon is doing World of Darkness now for the first time, fighting Angra Mainyu and he got doom, healer Rescue’d him to cleanse the doom and his chat was full of SAVED and CARRIED, then Asmon immediately died anyway because he had 3 stacks of the debuff. I have not laughed this much watching a streamer in a long time.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Things will be a gentle coast from here though
    He's doing his best to make entertainment out of it, but outside of Leviathan, Ramuh, Moogle and Shiva, it'll be quite straight forward now until the 60 tier of Alex Savage and the Warring Triads.

Nothing wrong with that though, his reactions/takes on the stories can still be fun.

Can someone remind me how cat boy here ended up in Shadowbringers? I saw him and he acts way a bit different, but I presume whenever he got ported over to shadowbringers he spent a long time there and matured

edit: I don't remember breaking Cloud of Darkness shields during her Dark Storm/Stoneskin phase ever back in 2.5! They're killing her as fast as max ilvl, but to be fair we do have a lot of buffs over the years

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Things will be a gentle coast from here though
    He's doing his best to make entertainment out of it, but outside of Leviathan, Ramuh, Moogle and Shiva, it'll be quite straight forward now until the 60 tier of Alex Savage and the Warring Triads.

Nothing wrong with that though, his reactions/takes on the stories can still be fun.

Can someone remind me how cat boy here ended up in Shadowbringers? I saw him and he acts way a bit different, but I presume whenever he got ported over to shadowbringers he spent a long time there and matured
    Spoiler: show

memory disclaimers, but:

he sealed it up at the end of the crystal towers story.
    As things was going to hell on the source, people figured out that they could use the crystal tower to time/dimensiontravel try to stop it from happening altogether, he went with and became the crystal exarch, while trying to find us (warrior of light) to prevent the first from falling and the calamity from occuring in the first place

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks, yeah I'm watching the cutscene now on Asmon's stream. So he locks himself in and then during sometime in between his story begins over there.

Great, whenever he gets to Shadowbringers then I hope Asmon will welcome him back with full enthusiasm (he literally just said "I like him!") lol

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The G'raha that we meet in Shadowbringers is also kinda from the future in a timeline that I'm pretty sure we avoided too IIRC. Something something Garlean empire winning the war, bringing the 8th Umbral Calamity resulting in all the scions and the WoL being dead, Cid+Biggs+Wedge manage to awaken G'raha and send him and the crystal tower to the first where he lives for a century before finally trying to call the WoL to help stop and reverse the calamity there from happening and summons the scions 1 at a time and blah blah -> Shadowbringers.

So yeah, the G'raha with the Scions post 5.3 in the source is the one that was sealed away in the Crystal Tower storyline, but he has the memories and experiences of the other future G'raha that went to the first imbued into his soul/body/whatever

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Yeah. I don't remember the gist of it but G'Hara used the Crystal Tower to transport himself to The First and summoned the Scions/WoL for 2 reasons:

1. Restore balance to The First before it's fully engulfed in a flood of light.
    2. Rewrite history of The Star where if the WoL won against Zenos the Garleans would counter with Black Rose and bring about another Umbral Calamity

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The official Twitch Twitter account posted a short promo reel showing off Rich Campbell’s reaction to that Haurchefaunt scene from Heavensward before so many people bitched them out for posting a huge spoiler that they deleted it. Big oomph.

So, been running Delbrum Regniae for my first Relic.

Not sure if this is the hardest pub content thus far or what, but man does it take a long time...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I did it once a day for my sanity but honestly with the drop buffs, it's really not that bad if you can still play with your brain "turned off" watching something on the side.

Pretty much what I’m doing… once a day, need three more ((

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you are doing straight PUGs it can take about 45 minutes. Once you have the right essences and lost actions you can join speed runs in the party finder that take about 20-25 minutes.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah PF definitely is the way to go. Least you get 3 items per run now, it was torture to do it 15 times per weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Yeah PF definitely is the way to go. Least you get 3 items per run now, it was torture to do it 15 times per weapon.
    Yeah, I wouldn’t have done the grind back then IMO

Grinding POTD doesn’t seem worth it either?

PotD is good if you have jobs to level. Two birds with one stone and such, but the drop rate is pretty bad.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol Asmongold got baited by so many people telling him it would be impossible to clear TEA before Endwalker launches, he has now promised to gift 10,000 subs on Twitch if he doesn’t clear an ultimate before Endwalker launches. Gave himself a nice loophole I guess because he could do UCOB or UWU instead which I think is totally doable in that time frame.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He was wanting a completely fresh prog group also no? Aka no carrying like he's been having fun with the past week (not that you can carry Ult, but 7 people knowing the fight makes it faster for the 1 still learning). That's going to bite him in the ass for time sake unless he burns through the rest of the msq content and ignores Extremes.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Endwalker is like 4 months away, that's a lot of time

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Even if he takes his time with the MSQ for content purposes, he'll have 2 1/2 - 3 months of prog time.