+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Diablo II Ressurected 2021 PC and Consoles (PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox)

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Tempered excitement after how badly they fucked up WC3 reforged.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looks trippy. What the hell did they do to the beetles lmao. THOSE LEGS.

I play Diablo 2 all the time, basically roll a hardcore character anytime it pops into my mind. Immortal announcement (FUUUU), 20th Anniversary, etc. It's such a hassle to even get the game running properly on Windows 10 that I'd take this for nothing else.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Different development studio, so we will see.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

humans may have a chance after all, is this the best news on the planet in years

i'll certainly buy this, and if it's like the original, i will play it for years until i start little game called FFXI Remastered

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Same. Extremely cautious due to WC3 Reforged debacle. I've lost faith in Blizzard entirely as Activision gobbles them up more and more, but heck... its Diablo 2... so of course I'm keeping my eye on it lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Same. Extremely cautious due to WC3 Reforged debacle. I've lost faith in Blizzard entirely as Activision gobbles them up more and more, but heck... its Diablo 2... so of course I'm keeping my eye on it lol
    VV did well with the Tony Hawk and Crash Bandicoot remasters, so there is hope.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Oh shit same dev? Yeah all in then. Those are ace remasters.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At the very least, cross saves are fucking cool

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looks good. I know it's a different studio, but after everything that's happened the last couple years in gaming with devs underdelivering my expectations are extremely tempered.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Please don't fuck this up Blizzard

BG Level

0 expectations Blizz hasn't released a good game in a long while

here's to hopin tho

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tbh, while I was waiting for this to finally happen, what I wanted was more of a remake than a remaster, by which I mean upgraded visuals will be nice but the game would really benefit from some QoL gameplay changes and from the site it seems it will remain the same

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    VV did well with the Tony Hawk and Crash Bandicoot remasters, so there is hope.
    Yah they did really good on those two, if its them and Blizzard doesn't shit it up too much(never thought I'd think that...) It could be good.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

This excites me more than Diablo IV. Switch version? Check. Cross Save? Check. Reputable studio behind the project? Check.

Hell yeah!

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

This shit better be on xcloud, game pass, and switch let's goooo

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Diablo II, one of the most acclaimed titles in PC gaming history, returns... and Hell has never looked better. Blizzard Entertainment today revealed Diablo II: Resurrected, the definitive remastering of Diablo II and its Lord of Destruction expansion—two hallmark entries in the company’s genre-defining action role-playing series.

Diablo II was hailed by Time magazine as “arguably the best role-playing game of all time, the best dungeon-crawler of all time and the best PC game of all time.” Diablo II: Resurrected welcomes back veteran heroes and invites a new generation of players to experience the game’s sinfully dark storyline, thrilling loot chase, and visceral hack-and-slash gameplay with modernized visuals that take advantage of the latest gaming hardware.

Diablo II: Resurrected takes the 2D sprite-based classic and brings it into the present with full 3D physically-based rendering, dynamic lighting, revamped animations and spell effects—all stunningly delivered in up to 4K resolution.† All 27 minutes of the game’s classic cinematics, chronicling the journey of the mysterious Dark Wanderer, are being remade—shot for shot—from the ground up. The nightmarish sounds of Sanctuary and its memorable soundtrack have also been reinvigorated to support Dolby 7.1 surround sound. By leveling up the game’s audio and visual capabilities, Diablo II: Resurrected will showcase the depth of gameplay and hallmark designs that continue to entertain players around the world to this day.

“Diablo II was a pivotal game for Blizzard and millions of players around the world. With Diablo II: Resurrected, we’re excited to bring this classic back to PC and also to consoles—with cross-progression on supported platforms—so that players can relive their memories, or experience Diablo II’s timeless gameplay for the first time, on their platform of choice,” said J. Allen Brack, president of Blizzard Entertainment. “With the new high-resolution audio and video in Diablo II: Resurrected, the game is as fun and engrossing today as it was twenty years ago.”

For those who would prefer a more nostalgic experience, players will be able to freely switch back-and-forth between the modern graphics and the original experience at any time with the press of a button. While Diablo II: Resurrected may look like an all-new game, Diablo II’s signature gameplay and systems are completely intact, quirks and all, adding a few highly requested quality of life improvements, such as a shared stash.

Diablo II: Resurrected features seven highly customizable character classes for players to choose from—the Amazon, Barbarian, Necromancer, Paladin, and Sorceress from the core game, as well as the Assassin and Druid from the included Lord of Destruction expansion. Players will be able to make each character their own by selecting skills and talent builds, crafting and socketing items, collecting complete gear sets, acquiring unique arms and armor, assembling Rune Word combinations, and much more.

Diablo II: Resurrected is an all-inclusive package containing a lifetime of adventures. It will take players to the deadly world of Sanctuary, where they will face Diablo, the Lord of Terror, and the forces of Hell through all four thrilling Acts of the original Diablo II campaign. They’ll meet beloved mentor and scholar Deckard Cain, fight alongside the Archangel Tyrael, and encounter other pantheonic characters who have become an indelible part of gaming history. This edition also includes all of the content from the Lord of Destruction expansion, with the journey continuing into Act V, where players will brave the dangers of Mount Arreat before facing Baal, the eponymous Lord of Destruction.

Developed by Blizzard Entertainment and in-house studio Vicarious Visions, Diablo II: Resurrected will be coming later this year to Windows PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. With cross-progression between supported platforms, players will be able to play as their characters—and keep all their stuff—no matter what supporting platform they’re playing on.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

bring back 1.08 uniques pls ;

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    bring back 1.08 uniques pls ;