+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Boss at end of Act 2.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

there ya go

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Still, absolutely insane to allow you to be targetable while loading. Fun game, but for sure holding off until I rebuild my computer and the initial rush dies down, cause servers are going to be a shit show.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

i went over to a friend's today to try this for a few hours (PS4), dabbled a bit of Sorc, and then stopped after killing Andy

lotsa fun, no real complaints or issues, and it looked better than perhaps i thought it would

Duriel murdering you loading was literally what made him so difficult in the original. Mechanically, Blizz even went so far as to try and pre-load his area into your RAM when entering the staff area, but even that was generally insufficient since his opening attack was commonly a charge and you'd still be getting gibbed during the screen transition.

My urge to buy this remains non-existent, but everything I've been reading from folks elsewhere is basically saying this is WCR 2.0 and the only ones saying it's good are the purist diehards who were beyond logic and redemption to begin with. Token adjustments like their Duriel plan, not making the Cow King lock out the portal, and a couple other incidentals aren't really going to be why so many new players or burnt out vets won't touch the game or quit shortly after. The desync/rubberband issues some of you guys are talking about are just what happened in the old game that they couldn't be arsed to try and fix.

Don't let a nostalgia cash grab fool ya, homies. Refund if you can, or just sit back and watch the post-launch response and decide after. Blizz could've done better and more folks really should've been demanding it the moment they went public with the project.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Also if you are playing through the Beta, don't bother with Duriel unless you are doing a full party game. They said they will fix it when the game goes live, but your character is targetable while in a loading screen, so there's a good chance you are just going to load dead.

Realized I just butchered the name
    yeah i got to duriel yesterday as a werewolf Druid and simply could not kill him even with a pretty good build that breezed through act2. decided my beta was over

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    My urge to buy this remains non-existent, but everything I've been reading from folks elsewhere is basically saying this is WCR 2.0 and the only ones saying it's good are the purist diehards who were beyond logic and redemption to begin with. Token adjustments like their Duriel plan, not making the Cow King lock out the portal, and a couple other incidentals aren't really going to be why so many new players or burnt out vets won't touch the game or quit shortly after. The desync/rubberband issues some of you guys are talking about are just what happened in the old game that they couldn't be arsed to try and fix.

Don't let a nostalgia cash grab fool ya, homies. Refund if you can, or just sit back and watch the post-launch response and decide after. Blizz could've done better and more folks really should've been demanding it the moment they went public with the project.
    oh wow lol

i'd respond with more if i cared enough but it's a wholly dishonest assessment of Vicarious Visions' efforts and likely instructed direction as well to liken this to WC3 Reforged

jfc was i wooshed by an egregious shitpost

this game has flaws it has had for 20 years for sure and yet its classic experience is there still (which is apparently what we as a community wanted to catalyze this project in the first place) and that was not possible at all in WC3R

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

sucks I kinda wanted this to be good

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Don't get me wrong. I think the game is going to be fine. A lot of the complaints I'm seeing also come from the fact Blizzard is being adamant about keeping the game as close to the original D2 experience as possible, even if it means leaving out fan requested QoL improvements.

The three biggest complaints I'm seeing on the forums are as follows. 1. Loot is F4A, and not personal, which means the faster clicker in a public game is going to get the item. 2. Ladder exclusive Rune Words are no longer ladder exclusive. 3. Console players can have multiple skills bound, where as Keyboard/Mouse players still have to quick key to their ability and then right/left click to activate it.

Most of my overall complaints come from optimization and latency related issues, which are to be expected in an always online game that is still in Beta. I'm sure once I rebuild my PC, which means also having room on a SSD and having the game installed to there instead of my 3TB Secondary, I will see a huge boost in performance, but server lag, especially the first few weeks after launch would have me terrified if I was a hardcore mode purist.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

jk i went back and killed duriel because i ain’t going out like that

edit: oh, the beta ends at act 2. o well

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    sucks I kinda wanted this to be good

I enjoyed it. I'd rather play D2 than D3 and I still play D3.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

i only played HC and have played, perhaps, a modest-but-respectable, scattered, cumulative 6 years of D2 amidst the last 21 years

i didn't ever bot, only traded minimally, and have never made any of the best runewords. i hope to play this til i can make a Chains of Honor, but honestly i dunno if an Infinity will ever happen. the top end of loot hunt is just too much for me to access and that's fine

that said, it's still hella fun to build up to that early-endgame level of gear and to exp up to ~85, and i can't wait to do it again

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So this still have normal nightmare and hell difficulties ?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yes. Beta is just capped at Act 2 Normal. Nothing has changed on that front.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

D2R goes live at 8am PDT on the 23rd

if you play HC with me i'll hook you up with some twink gear. pls&thx

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Braver man than I playing Hardcore from the getgo. I just don't think I can bring myself back to that level of frustration. I still have nightmares about losing my level 91 Paladin.

HC on blizz servers on launch... you are a brave brave soul.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

cinematics hype today

Tyreal sounds way less serious-business when scolding Marius but it's still all good

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

<call5>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast