She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Inline volume control for mah headset. BLAH.

So okay. I gots me a little problem. When I got my HyperX Cloud Core, I had a pair of speakers where I plugged the audio part in to control the volume to the headphones part. I had TWO pairs of speakers go out on me ><

Now you understand, I like having inline volume control and I've been searching for a bleeping adapter cord to give me that. Makes me wish that Radio Shack was still in business(They were the bomb when you needed a weird cord.)..Mind, do NOT tell me "get a new headset" or I'll prolly find me a water bottle to throw, since I don't replace any headset until it's ruined/torn to bits. I just want a solution that I can put between the audio jack (Must be female one end, male the other) and the audio jack on my pc that will let me control the volume without messing with the pc itself.

I already called Best Buy and they didn't have a solution (Been doing that a lot during covid; if I'm lookin' for something I'd rather only have to go to ONE store, thank you very much), so I thought I'd ask you guys to find out if there's anything out there that can fix this without me getting yet another set of speakers! And yes, mail order is fine and good, I'd prolly mail order it if, say it's from Fry's since I don't want to have to go out THAT far right now.

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

What you're looking for is a headphone amplifier. It's basically the stand-alone version of the electronics that were integrated into your speakers that allowed for the volume of the audio coming out of your PC to be amplified (and in turn, controlled). The cheapest ones can be found on Amazon for ~$20.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Could also invest in a full on DAC but it wouldn't do much at all for that set of cans

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thank you Mabubeezareel! Since I'm basically using headphones/headset full time on a pc, I didn't see a reason to get yet another set of speakers, tho I'll consider that if things turn upside down and I can move out.

And yeah, a DAC (I had to look up what that was) proly won't do much. I just want the volume control. Anyway I'll check Monoprice too; now that I have a NAME that might work, it might be easier to find what I'm looking for. [Edit] Here's Monoprice's version which isn't too bad looking. Might go for that one once I have some $$ coming in to finally fix this little issue. Not to mention this, ironically, will let me share the sound on my pc with my nieces and nephew, which is a plus. (They're Covid free and luckily have STAYED covid free other than one scare at a middle school basketball thing where the oldest got exposed, but luckily that gal didn't catch it). I'll just need to find some cheap-but-not-TOO-cheap headphones after that for them to use.