FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier (Android/iOS) - Battle Royale - 2021

Final Fantasy VII The First Soldier is a battle royal action game set in Midgar before the events of Final Fantasy VII. As a SOLDIER candidate, the player will make full use of their magic and abilities in a battle for their survival.
    https://ffvii-the-first-soldier.squa...mes.com/en-us/

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

that gif reaction is so perfect

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://aitaikuji.com/blog/final-fan...?utm_source=af

FINAL FANTASY 7 THE FIRST SOLDIER
    A action battle game that takes place when SOLDIER was not established yet.

—FF7 THE FIRST SOLDIER uses Midgar as its battleground, but where exactly does this installment take place within the FF7 story?

Nomura: Within the various compilations in FF7, this game is the first to take place chronologically during a time when SOLDIER was not a thing yet but is about SOLDIER cadets and how SOLDIER gets established. The story itself isn’t very dense given the nature of the game, but it does form the backbone of the SOLDIER story.

—The SOLDIER cadets fight not only monsters, but the Cutter enemy, Scorpion Sentinel, and other Shinra machines. What is the reason behind that?

Nomura: It’s all part of their SOLDIER training. They have to undergo various situations to experience realistic battles.

—Can you give us a basic rundown of the battle rules? Is it along the lines of last man standing wins? Or are there team battles?

Nomura: There are solo and trio battles, and the winner is the last person or last team remaining.

—Since this game is a Battle Royale type with RPG elements, there might be some out there who are worried about picking up the game as it might not be geared for gamers who are not used to that style. How did you go about making a balance for that?

Nomura: One of the fun parts of the Battle Royale game is leveling up by gathering items and subduing monsters, which are RPG elements we have added. This should allow for casual gamers to enjoy the battle game as well.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Android Closed Beta Announced for June 1st - 7th
    Square Enix today announced that the battle royale action mobile game, Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier, is now accepting pre-registrations for an upcoming closed beta test to be held from June 1 through 7, 2021.

In Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier, players will embark on an intense battle royale experience where they must fight to be the last SOLDIER standing. To do so, players will use magic and special abilities along with ranged and melee weapons to triumph on the battlefield. Players can choose between various styles, such as Warrior, Sorcerer or Monk, each of whom boast unique special abilities. In addition to other SOLDIER candidates, players must also contend with ferocious monsters who inhabit the outskirts of the city. By defeating them, players can gain experience needed to level up and unlock new weapons. Classic Final Fantasy elements abound in the game, such as rideable chocobos, powerful espers, including Ifrit, to summon and materia, which enables players to cast devastating spells. Players can customize their characters’ outfits and accessories, obtain various weapon and vehicle skins, emotes and more to create their own unique SOLDIER.

Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier is slated for release in 2021 and will be available as a free download with in-app purchases for iOS and Android devices. Text will be supported in English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Traditional Chinese and Korean.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_US&gl=US Beta Reg Ends May 28th

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Plays just like cod and pubg mobile, if you are into that style of game. Casting spells was cool, meteor landing was neat. Didn't seem too special otherwise though.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Cant wait for next VII game

Final Fantasy VII inside Lucrecia story

Where you play sephiroth inside the womb fighting Spermatozoid to be the supreme egg

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

this um looks kinda bad?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

OP

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Game is out. I'm enjoying it a bit. Just the usual BR with a FF spin on it tbh.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

played a few rounds, it's OK, it looks quite good in some bits, the amount of FF skins/items is expected and/or quite disgusting, but nothing feels out of the ordinary
    some in game spots are quite nice as it's just straight out from FF7 remake, but simplified, but it was nice to find familiar in some areas
    animations/movements were kinda janky

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is this game compatible with a controller? It’s kinda cheap i know, but it’s the only play i play the megaman x dive mobile game and call of duty mobile here and there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have no idea how people play such games on mobile. I gave up during the tutorial, my fingers must be too fat to comfortably grasp the controls. Not really feeling bad about it anyway, I don't play BR games at all, just wanted to check this out because it's FF

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Is this game compatible with a controller? It’s kinda cheap i know, but it’s the only play i play the megaman x dive mobile game and call of duty mobile here and there.
    I played it on my PS4 controller via iPad. I believe currently the PS4 controller is natively supported on iPad only. However I currently cannot figure out how to use magic without tapping the screen for it. It's like crisis core there's materia you can use, but up to 3 spells only (green materia, found on field). There's the odd summon materia you might find but that's another button once you pick it up.

As for the game, because you can melee in this game (not sure if you can in fortnite) and pull off your simple 4 hit combo as a Warrior, plus a dash which gives you a quick shield.

But so far I am noticing this:

Just like in League of Legends, if you're in a marksman (ranged) and a melee comes charging at you, unless you gun them down quick, it usually gets quickly disorientating for the person as they are trying to shoot you only, so they'll try to kite or reposition. By this time you can cut them down quick. I came first in a game where I killed 3 people who had guns simply because I went and melee'd them down. It also suits my preference as I never liked shooting games too much anyway.

Anyway, this game is somewhat deeper than I imagined. Before you load into battle, you can select 5 classes.

Each class has their own perks. So I believe Sorcerer can cast better magic. Ranger has better gun use/buffs. Ninja can double jump. Warriors can dash. And Monk can hand to hand melee. I don't remember the exact perks.

This is followed by that each class can be levelled up just by playing it. So if you cap MNK, you get MNK related visuals (skins) and other bits like gil currency title banners etc. At the level cap you get MNK's AF armor basically (skin).

I really like the visuals on the class, as I've shared above. Something about those poses and the way the face is shadowed gives it a cool feel.

There's also chocobo hatching/breeding, which isn't for racing but if you call and mount your chocobo in game, it comes with its own 3 stats (HP, Stamina (for dashing) and attack) (yes when mounted you can get your chocobo to kick someone). The stars can be enhanced via items.

There's also 3 types of currency:
    Gil - used to upgrade your guns and weapons in game. Also used to revive someone at the nearest phone box. I think some can be used in the shop too for some cosmetics
    Moogle Tokens - I think these can be earned for free
    Shinra Credits - your premium currency. If you strictly F2P I think you can earn 250 via the base (free) season pass. If you pay for the season pass you can unlock and earn more

I think materia can be upgraded as well but I didn't see how.

I'll be playing a bit more tonight with my friend so I'll report back. I'm not looking to seriously play it as it's just not my thing, but the FF skin motivated me to nose around.

The amount of stuff in the shop is a bit sickening though. There's so so much.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I too sucked at playing it on my iphone. I was gonna try connecting an old PS4 controller at the weekend, see how that goes. I’m not a fan of PvP so it’s no loss if it doesn’t work out.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries