Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis (PC/Android/iOS) - I'm At A Loss For Words - 2023

Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis is a chapter-structured single player experience which will cover the whole of the FFVII timeline, including the events of the original game along with all the FFVII compilation titles, as well as new story elements, penned by Final Fantasy VII Remake story and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima, surrounding the origins of SOLDIER.
    https://ffvii-ever-crisis.square-enix-games.com/en-us/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So... the actual remake people wanted. But of all the games. And somehow the movie too. But we can't play it on a computer or console. And it's free to play, with in-app purchases. Wut.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis (Android/iOS) - I'm At A Loss For Words - 2022

Besides the lolmobile aspect of it I’d love to get my hands on this through some PC emulation if it’s a more traditional remaster of the original which it seems to be.

Add in the rest of the compilation, including the movie, in the same style and this might be pretty dope.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    And it's free to play, with in-app purchases. Wut.
    Like FFXV's pocket (mobile) edition, the first chapter was free to play, and you can buy the rest per chapter or in a bundle. This is most likely what it is alluding to.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This would unironically work well on the switch too.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    This would unironically work well on the switch too.
    Given xv pocket edition had a 'hd' port to switch, I wouldn't be surprised if it got it a year after it's all done on phones.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Also a way to play Before Crisis

I want to see what the business model is like. On paper really excited to see a way to play through the rest of the compilation since there's no practical way to enjoy them outside of emulation.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    I want to see what the business model is like. On paper really excited to see a way to play through the rest of the compilation since there's no practical way to enjoy them outside of emulation.
    I’m curious how it’s gonna handle anything before or after Midgar. Since it’s blatantly re-using FF7R assets.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/sta...18176460038144
    https://aitaikuji.com/blog/final-fan...ra-translation

FINAL FANTASY 7 EVER CRISIS
    Another type of Remake that covers the entire story of FF7, told in Chapters.

—For FF7 Ever Crisis, the stories from Before Crisis FF7 (takes place 6 years before the original FF7) up until Dirge of Cerberus (takes place 3 years after the original) will use a battle system designed especially for Ever Crisis. Does that mean FF7 Advent Children, which was originally a movie, will also be playable?

Nomura: Ever Crisis is basically kind of like another remake of the original FF7 using a birds eye view of the field with chibi characters but also incorporating regular full body detailed character designs for the battle parts. It will be a command style RPG. This game is the answer to those who said they like the command style RPG system.

The titles are divided into chapters that allows you to have a free game play style. The contents will cover the original FF7 and work its way through the Compilation of FF7 and include FF7 The First Soldier. In regards to the First Soldier that I mentioned earlier, Ever Crisis will also have part of the story within this game. In particular, since the story covers what happened before SOLDIER was established, we’ve also added in a part about THAT Legendary Hero’s youth. That story in particular is a huge eye-catcher, and we have asked Nojima-san to write the scenario too. We hope you look forward to it!

—There’s a lot of people who want a Remaster of other games within the Compilation. Instead of a remaster, this seems like a completely new game, so why did you decide to combine them all into one game?

Nomura: The concept of this game is to use the original FF7 as its base that players can enjoy. The Original FF7, FF7 First Soldier, and FF7R are all separate entities, so I don’t think this would wrap up other Compilation titles.

—Will the story of FF7 be presented chronologically? Or will the story from FF7 Before Crisis leading up to Dirge of Cerberus be rebuilt specifically for “FF7 Ever Crisis?”

Nomura: You will not need to play each title in its entirety before the next. Rather, each title will have its own chapters that you can select and play. Think of it more like a chronology of FF7.

—In regards to the chapters, will the stories be added as new updates?

Nomura: That’s right, new chapters will be added every month.

—In regards to the battle parts, it looks like it took the battle style from FF7R and made it into a command style RPG, but can you briefly explain what the battle system will be like?

Nomura: The battle system for the original FF& was based on the ATB system, so we will be going with that game style. The materia set up will also follow the original, and weapons, material, summons, and limit breaks can also be used, further opening the battle system.

—The new 3D chibi characters as wel las the 2D art design all look new. Who was responsible for the character illustrations in this game?

Nomura: The illustrations were done by our Art Designer Fujise Lisa. We originally wanted everything to be done with 3DCG models, but then in order to maximize the presentation of the original game’s atmosphere, this presented quite a few problems. We considered asking someone within the FF7 staff to do the character designs, but we all carried heavy workloads already. Thankfully at that time, Fujise came to us for some avatar design checks on a new project, and when we looked at her art, we thought, “Hey, wouldn’t this style also fit the game?” Even though Fujise was part of the team on another title I was involved in, we asked her to join the Ever Crisis one. We had new hope.

—Since the game seems to be very story driven, what will you do about voice recording?

Nomura: We’re still trying to figure out what to do with voice recording. Since I’m involved in a numerous amount of titles, I’m kind of stuck, and that goes for voice recording as well. Because of that, we even wanted to avoid having to do any new voice recordings. Since Final Fantasy Ever Crisis will use FF7 and other Compilation titles as its base, we thought “Why don’t we just not have voice acting?” However, it’s probably necessary to have it during the battle sequences, so we’re considering how to do so. If we are to add voices, it will probably be at a minimum.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm wondering if this is part of some larger strategy. FF7R has given hints that its not actually just a remake. If they rerelease the entire story and all its sequels in this way it makes me wonder if theyre trying to make the entire plot understandable if Nomura decides to play the FF7Timey Wimey machine in the remake series and do a hard right into unknown plot country.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Hints?

Man they bopped us on the head with the FF7R ending. No hinting at all lol

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Since it’s blatantly re-using FF7R assets.
    I don't even know why they went with that route. The chibi look they got going now is fine? Could have just used those visuals everywhere for consistency (and for the sake of phone storage), and to keep the production budget lower/not reliant on lifting from another project. Also keeps the phone specs requirement down. This is the kind of thing I'd fuck with if it had a PC port down the road just to check out the CC/DoC story stuff again, in hopefully a more playable form factor.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/sta...23412680896514

Guy speculates it might be gacha in same vein as Nier Reincarnation, Kingdom Hearts and that Dissida game (the mobile ones) where chars and chapters are free but items and costumes are behind a gacha gate, due to the company developing the game and the words used for promotion.

Assuming it goes along this path, then I'm quite OK with it as long as it doesn't become pay to win. However in the context of an establish story I can't fathom how this will work overall with the compilation (can I carry my ultra rare cross dress Cloud into Advent Children?). Likewise, this means a load of potential bullshit (quests/dailies) to wade through to get the free currency, or pay for it.

I straight up assumed Ever Crisis to be like FFXV Pocket Edition where you pay for the chapters. Can only wait and see I guess.

Gacha is fine if done proper, i.e. in Genshin Impact I've paid 0 so far but I am able to leisurely experience 90% of the game's currently released content (90% story/quests/side activities, 10% side activity which is some bullshit dungeon with mega hard quirks/mechanics that can be cleared easier with more chars or better items but completely optional) with what I've earned in game and grind slowly for the currency to do pulls for some good stuff.

Or it can very well go the other way... 2nd boss Air Buster, your 3 chars are too weak so you either grind for 5 days or gacha up for gear/materia to beat the fight to progress lol

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Either way, it will make a lot of money. I know that I'm not the target audience, but I know I'll at least look at the Turks gameplay on a stream or something, because I was always interested in that "Never make it to the states because Japan is weird" game.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah out of the 4 that game is most interesting, next to Crisis Core and/or Advent Children. To be fair Before Crisis was a game in the "before touchscreen phone" era; it was for that mobile flip phone that Cloud used in AC. I believe it was somewhat java based, but due to hardly any of the phones having a resemblance of any unified operating system, it was definitely doomed to obscurity/JP only.

Ideally that game will get a complete bump to bring it inline with what we saw for the FFVII part of the Ever Crisis game, either with the same battle system or otherwise, but my expectation is that all 4 games must look consistent or it'll be a bit jarring.

I think Lucavi you'll be able to play it if it does not go down the FFXV Pocket Edition route, if it does then watch it on stream. Otherwise, assuming the other direction where we can digest the game for free (story wise) but the extra none story content is gated behind the gacha you should be able to still somewhat casually play through it without spending anything. UNLESS, they stupidly gate it so to advance to the next chapter you need to gacha the shit out of it to progress.

Side note: I sort of dislike the multiplatform thing they are going with this somewhat. I know it's inevitable because money, but the clusterfuck that is FFXV (movie/bluray, youtube series, prequel light novel, base game, dlc that's "separate" from the main game) I'm hoping we won't something that is on another medium where we have to consume it. I mean, imagine if FFVII Remake Part 2 is a 24 episode anime series all the way until when we return to Midgar (and get another game out of content out of it until crater) lol (assuming we're following somewhat the base game which is still anyone's guess). Oh, as we enter the Northern Crater the game ends and we have to visit a cinema to watch the ending because they decided to make a real life film i.e. Warcraft out of it. haha

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/sta...23412680896514

Guy speculates it might be gacha in same vein as Nier Reincarnation, Kingdom Hearts and that Dissida game (the mobile ones) where chars and chapters are free but items and costumes are behind a gacha gate, due to the company developing the game and the words used for promotion.
    Educated guess or insider info? Nomura confirming chapters F2P, costumes/gear is gacha based.

Compilation of Final Fantasy VII was once the name for a line of FFVII spin-off titles, but it’s looking like the recently announced Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis mobile game is what will actually live up to the “compilation” name with its story chapters. The mobile title, in the vein of Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition, will serve as a comprehensive, bite-size exploration of the expansive world of FFVII and its growing backstory. And players will be able to do that for free, according to a Famitsu interview with Director Tetsuya Nomura [Thanks, Famitsu].

Famitsu raised the question of just how Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis would be monetized. The initial announcement made clear that it was a single-player title driven by its story, but was unclear on how it would make Square Enix money. Nomura answered that the story chapters themselves would be free to access, as would the core gameplay. However, the game will feature gacha elements, specifically for acquiring weapons and possibly costumes. The special weapons will come with interesting gimmicks that weren’t present in the original games. There will also be new and original costumes.

Even for players only interested in the story, the chapters of Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis will be considerable in size. The original Final Fantasy VII is expected to take up about ten chapters, with players escaping Midgar by the third chapter. The game won’t be a lock-step recreation of FFVII and its spin-offs, though. As evidenced by screenshots of things like seeing Aerith in the party during the first boss battle (The Guard Scorpion at Mako Reactor No. 1), the battle system will allow players to mix things up to take on new challenges unbound by the narrative. The story itself will also feature new content, as well as original chapters focusing on things like the backstory of Final Fantasy VII The First Soldier or the younger days of characters who appear in other FFVII games.

Nomura clarified that one of the reasons for Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis‘ creation is to establish common ground among the titles of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII. Those games vary widely in terms of technology, style, and mechanics, so this will be a way for fans new and old to experience their uniqueness in a unified way. That said, the game won’t be a replacement for the originals. Nomura mentioned receiving requests to make the older games playable on current platforms, though he didn’t confirm if he’d be acting on those requests.

Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis will release for mobile devices in 2022.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

No Buster Sword for you if you get screwed by the gacha.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Expected.

F.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text