+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 107 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

Sorry, I mistyped big time. Defense attorney, not defendant lol

First time I was called, my dad wasn’t involved with the case, but I mentioned my dad’s occupation to the lawyers as they were asking the potential jurors questions and the prosecutors immediately took me out. Second time, me and the other potential jurors are sitting in the courtroom benches and the lawyers walk in, one of them being my dad. Judge asks if any wine has any reason why they wouldn’t be able to sit on the trial, I raise my hand and point to my dad and tell them he’s my father. Got a good laugh out of everyone and he sent me on my way.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Sorry, I mistyped big time. Defense attorney, not defendant lol
    Not nearly as exciting, but still makes for a good story. lol

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Said goodbye to my dad's dog. Old doggo was old - 14+ year old shelter rescue. Vet was like "he's below 8 lbs, want to spend a few grand to figure it out or put him to sleep" and we all agreed "sleep."

At least we have been prepared for this mentally for a few months since his health and quality of life was deteriorating at a growing pace - mostly blind and deaf, no teeth, hind legs losing mass and couldn't keep balance that well.

Going to be quiet for a bit in the house. First time since 2008 the house has been empty of doggo.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If we're gonna develop a way to become immortal, give that shit to dogs first.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

So sorry for your loss. My parents were in the same boat about this time last year. It's never easy for anyone, but know he's resting now after a life well lived.

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sorry for your loss.

BG Level

Well, looks like I'm getting admitted. New blood clot. Fuck a duck.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So okay, this is a HUGE fail. The only way I'm getting net atm is though my phone, so I'll make this quick. (Having to tether though my Tmo phone or I wouldn't be posting here at all.)

The AT&T guy came over to "fix" our internet. Two techs later..our internet is down until next week. They BROKE it a lot worse, as in we got no net except though our cell phones. And they can't send another tech here until next week. GRRR.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Been sleeping even worse than usual lately. I usually don't sleep well but it's been even worse. Wake up at 4am and can't fall back asleep. I decide to slide on over to Waffle House for some hash browns. Pregnant woman asks me if I know anyone who would sell her meth.

Welp that's it there's no chance for me to have an ordinary day today

Just show her your tattoo.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Already been dealing with Achilles tendinitis for months and somehow managed to sprain my right knee now , other side but also dominant leg I use.

Driving was absolutely hell , and not being able to bend my knee to sit or do basic things is more painful than I ever imagined.
    Crutches and rest for now..but that pop hurt like hell.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

More net shennaigans take 2. Okay. We had the third AT&T tech here in as many weeks. We now have it back BUT..

The Troll just complained that the net blinked, I didn't even notice this time >< Win some, lose some?

[edit] And the neighbors have theirs completely out!

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I live in NY.

A week ago we got a storm overnight that went into the early morning. I had to leave for work at 5am, while it was still snowing, and didn't clear the driveway. It would have taken me an hour to hour and a half to do so and with the snow continuing...

By the time I got home someone had scheduled to see the house (we're selling it) and I wasn't able to clear the now slush due to it warming up and turning to rain. When we got back, made and ate dinner, and I went back out it was frozen.

I got the slope of the driveway cleared this weekend, but it snowed another 1-2" overnight into this morning.

My wife has been vocal about thinking snow/winter tires were unnecessary. "I grew up in Syracuse and we never needed snow tires." Today she texts me saying she can't get out of the driveway with the inch and change of snow and I need to do something about it, either snow tires or a "more reliable car." It's a Jetta, manual, with less than 30k miles on it. So now I need to see if the steel wheels I do have will fit the Jetta and get some new snows for it. I don't want to replace the all seasons with snows if they have less than 30k miles on them.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Not a big fan of all season tires tbh. They are decent in winter and light snow at the expense of the summer performance penalty.

You can invest in a new set of winter tires, use them nov - march/arpil, switch to all seasons in the summer until they wear out (winter tires are terrible in warm weather and they wear out rapidly). By switching you also halve the mileage on them and extend their lifespan to 4+ years especially if you drive a lot.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I had snows for 2/3 of my previous cars. For our current Forester, I got Crossclimate+ all seasons which are snow rated. The tires on the Jetta just haven't worn enough to replace.

I'm a big fan of snows. I had snows on my WRX for winter and the thing was a tank. Had a lot of fun driving windy back roads in the snow.

StraightTalk arbitrarily decided my year old phone is no longer compatible with their service and generously offered me an "upgrade" with 1/4th of the specs after cutting off my service that I just renewed last week despite being a customer for like a decade. Yeah, no. You can't tell me I'm not VoLTE or WiFi Calling compatible when I'm sitting here staring at the settings screen for such features.

Likely moral of this story, their "Bring Your Own Phone" pitch is a scam and they probably want users with their brand hacked OS running.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

More fun (NOT) with AT&T, take 21. Okay. 'Neko called the tech over AGAIN. At least this time we seem to have our net back up okay, and so far no glitches other than a reset glitch.

My other brother (I call him The Troll online) said he's sorely tempted to call Comcrap when Comcrap couldn't get us fiber anyway. (That's the fail.) We also have a new gateway, I'll see how it goes with FFXIV later once things calm down.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ordered a new car via Carvana and the fuckers apparently damaged it trying to ship it. Not sure if I should take that as a bad omen and try to get something else or what. It pissed me off because I was supposed to get it tomorrow.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Is your purchase not insured to be covered for damages in shipping? If not that was a risk you took and will have to assess what the damage done might cost to get fixed. I couldn't imagine using a service to have a car delivered. I'd rather fly out or whatever and drive it myself to get home. Take a week off work if driving cross country.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm not responsible for the damage as I do not officially own the vehicle until it's 7 days in my possession. Also car inflation is ridiculous right now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag