She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you didn't hear the bad news; sis died early this morning. I won't say exactly how here other than it was embarrassing(that's the fail; dying in that fashion); if you wanna do condolences, I'm afking at my FC house. Mist, Plot 24, forth ward on Excalibur. Pets/hugs/earscritches (I play miqot'e) are greatly appreciated.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I'm so sorry to hear that. I noticed the Tech thread a minute ago and I hope you can get the pictures off her phone.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks Outlaw and I hope I can; I might even end up using that phone but I don't want to lose the pics either.

[Edit] and also a note for anyone morbidly curious; it's embarrassing enough that I don't want to noise it about in public. PM me if you're that curious and I'll spill.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Latest Android update made a ton of random apps crash or inoperable like Gmail.
    Reddit came to my rescue with a fix but this is why I put off software updates as long as I can.

I was about to do a damn factory reset..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I hate my boss lol she's trying to get me to quit so i get no unemployment lmao she hired a literal meth head dude looks like a poster boy for a "don't do meth" commercial put him on my station he makes it slower than me being on it by myself lol dude has like 4 teeth looks 20 years older than he is

known the dude 5 hrs and he talking about he gotta go to the methadone clinic and get his dose lol

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Haven't needed my checkbook in over a year and now trying to find it.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oh, someone pm'ed me asking if there's a gofundme b/c of sis. There is not, we already dealt with getting her cremated (Because we wanted to bury her by Mom and that's the only way to do it; there were no plots by my parents and we couldn't afford one anyway) but if people here wish to do something, please do the Laura Davies's in the world a favor and send a donation in her name for researching lymphedema. You may think that only looks ugly but that was her WORST health problem. If it's serious enough (and sis's was serious enough) and doesn't get treated/managed (and sis wasn't able to get treatment in time! No thanks to GA Medicaid, but that's a rant for another day.) it kills. >< Where she died as I hinted was embarrassing. But the actual cause of death may of been lymphedema complications, so I think she'd rather that someone else didn't have to suffer the way she did in the future.

If you guys know Mormons like me, we got major extended family anyway; My sister in law (the lady who is married to my youngest brother) is handling the funeral and I don't want to butt in too far, so I felt this is the best way to handle anyone's desire to help out. (I had two sisters and three brothers if that gives you the idea on how big the family is, now it's one sister and three brothers. Nearly lost the youngest one to cancer and I think Him that she survived..)

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Putting together a playset this weekend because we finally have the spot cleared out. Decided to be 86 degrees outside and BRIGHT AS FUCK SUN.

We are on step 7 of 35 steps and sweat so much. Gonna wait until like 5 pm to start again.

At least it'll feel good once we finish, but by God is it fucking brutal.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I volunteered for a temporary assignment off base for the next two months and got all the info last minute to start this week.

Silly me figured the info would be passed to my supervising administration Sergeant , so get a call Sunday at 7:30am asking asking where I was, as my regular shift starts at 6am. I explained I volunteered for the program that starts Thursday so only working 1 day per week at the jail through May. Forwarded over my schedule and everything was fine but communication here is terrible.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I volunteered for a temporary assignment off base for the next two months and got all the info last minute to start this week.

Silly me figured the info would be passed to my supervising administration Sergeant , so get a call Sunday at 7:30am asking asking where I was, as my regular shift starts at 6am. I explained I volunteered for the program that starts Thursday so only working 1 day per week at the jail through May. Forwarded over my schedule and everything was fine but communication here is terrible.

Seems to be a running thing among SOs.. ours here isn't any better at relaying information, but always a "someone didn't tell me" issue.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I had to share this here because I am just flabbergasted at what a horrible idea this is. And as the thread has continued, he seems to have further deluded himself into thinking its a better and better idea. 32 years with Cystic Fibrosis and I have never once thought to myself “Oh no. What if I run into another person with CF”. There are just so many things wrong with an idea like this.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Big fail: my uncle I mentioned earlier with cancer passed away last night. His wife is still not in good shape with her own cancer.

Minor fail: Backyard is still in the process of remodeling. We are getting some pavers installed. Asked head contractor at least three times when we were gonna get to pick out which pavers we wanted. He kept saying we will.

Hubby just noticed the guys were putting down pavers when we never picked them out to begin with.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Big fail: my uncle I mentioned earlier with cancer passed away last night. His wife is still not in good shape with her own cancer.

Minor fail: Backyard is still in the process of remodeling. We are getting some pavers installed. Asked head contractor at least three times when we were gonna get to pick out which pavers we wanted. He kept saying we will.

Hubby just noticed the guys were putting down pavers when we never picked them out to begin with.
    Sorry to hear about your family, shit sucks.

At contractor: if you have anything in writing (or email) about owner choosing pavers, you have every right to tell them to rip up that shit on their own dime and provide you with the pavers you want.

If not...then expect to pay them to remove pavers they already placed.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Boss told me no tips for a month if I don't come to the meeting on my day off this weekend. I haven't been to the last 4-5 meetings. The ONE i did go to, I showed up drunk and threw her under the bus to both of her higher ups. Guess she wants that again. First thing i'm gonna do is walk in drunk and tell her bosses about how she is schedueld for 5, shows up at 6, but is clocked in at 5 because she calls and has someone else clock her in.

Learn to use zoom it's 2021 if you want to make me bike 6 miles each way for a 45 min meeting, you're not going to enjoy what comes out of my mouth

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

As I am sure anyone with half a brain could tell you, if you want the moral high ground, don't show up drunk.

Showing up drunk and rowdy just makes her "look at what I am working with" point for her and likely helps her with her boss.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Boss told me no tips for a month if I don't come to the meeting on my day off this weekend. I haven't been to the last 4-5 meetings. The ONE i did go to, I showed up drunk and threw her under the bus to both of her higher ups. Guess she wants that again. First thing i'm gonna do is walk in drunk and tell her bosses about how she is schedueld for 5, shows up at 6, but is clocked in at 5 because she calls and has someone else clock her in.

Learn to use zoom it's 2021 if you want to make me bike 6 miles each way for a 45 min meeting, you're not going to enjoy what comes out of my mouth
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    As I am sure anyone with half a brain could tell you, if you want the moral high ground, don't show up drunk.

Showing up drunk and rowdy just makes her "look at what I am working with" point for her and likely helps her with her boss.
    Hard agree.

You gotta decide what you want, the high ground and leverage, or to just make some random bitch look bad for a few minutes? Chances are if you show up drunk and rat her out, she will look bad for a minute but in the end you're the one who will get burned and likely let go eventually.

There's a situation here where you come out ahead, and showing up drunk ain't it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Also, stop drinking so much. Get some help. Love you man, and I wish you the best homey

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Also withholding tips is totes 100% illegal and you cannot be threatened with that, time to make a phone call to your state labor board because they take that shit serious

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    Sorry to hear about your family, shit sucks.

At contractor: if you have anything in writing (or email) about owner choosing pavers, you have every right to tell them to rip up that shit on their own dime and provide you with the pavers you want.

If not...then expect to pay them to remove pavers they already placed.
    It ended up working out. Contractor's assistant sent me the final product, and it looks really nice. Turned into a win, too, because I guess the workers they outsource this to had two extra pallets and are gonna redo the patio (remove concrete and install the pavers) for $1800. I'll show pictures when finished so you can see.

I ran into another semi issue with the head contractor, though, and I am trying to figure out what to do about it. In our initial contract, they we to remove the raised flowerbed and level the land in that area for the pool.

Now assistant is saying that the pool installer can do that (I am ordering the pool online and the contractor has a guy he recommends who will flatten/sand/install for $2500), BUT that means I essentially am paying two people to flatten the land when only one is actually doing it.

I told her, and SS'd the contract saying the fee I am paying includes leveling the land. So either they need to do it or reduce the price since they are no longer doing it. I gotta figure out what that specific cost technically is because the contractor didn't give me an itemized breakdown of the work they are doing (lesson learned on my part).

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My PS4 died last night. Just turned off. Wouldn’t power back on. It was super hot so I’m guessing maybe it overheated but it’s never done that before. I’ll mess with it a bit when I get home from work but I’m afraid it may have hit the dust

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag