+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

good night, sweet prince, and may flights of valkyries sing thee to thy rest

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    My PS4 died last night. Just turned off. Wouldn’t power back on. It was super hot so I’m guessing maybe it overheated but it’s never done that before. I’ll mess with it a bit when I get home from work but I’m afraid it may have hit the dust
    Sounds like a power supply unit failure, you should be able to get it repaired for a somewhat reasonable price (google says 80-100 incl. labor?) if that's the case.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It lives!!! The power strip it was plugged into died. But when I plugged it in elsewhere it powered up just fine.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

should I not be using the same power strips for 15-20+ years?

Pretty much one of those things where you'll never know if you've had lighter surges degrade one over time or if it was just of poorer quality to begin with. But I'd probably say swapping every 10 years for things you use often isn't a bad idea.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Covid vaccine becomes available to all adults in a couple of days but I won't be able to getit anyways. I "donate"(sell) blood plasma twice a week and for safety purposes after any vaccine, you're not eligible to donate for 2 months.

So opportunity cost, the vaccine would cost me over 700 bucks, so I'm sitting out

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Covid vaccine becomes available to all adults in a couple of days but I won't be able to getit anyways. I "donate"(sell) blood plasma twice a week and for safety purposes after any vaccine, you're not eligible to donate for 2 months.

So opportunity cost, the vaccine would cost me over 700 bucks, so I'm sitting out
    Is there no yearly cap on donations in your state/the USA? Cannot donate more than 45 times a year over here, so you can either plow through your yearly amount within 22 - 23 weeks or do one a week and skip a few weeks to distribute them evenly throughout the year to avoid having to go through a stretch of 3 months without being able to go.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

We have like 20 years of me being an idiot on this site but this is bad, even in my own head. For the last 3 years,
    I honestly and truly thought my age was 31. Since the Birthday I had whole going through cancer, I never thought myself older.

My 32nd birthday, didn’t didnt celebrate. Cause i was too sick. And this is the one where my mom showed up at 10pm, tossed a frozen cake and candles at me and left.
    My 33rd birthday was in the middle of covid so no celebrating there. And it was during one of our lockdowns. Couldn’t buy birthday cards, balloons, or anything.

Today, for some reason, it just clicked. I was watching some anime on the couch while the wife was watching some new YouTube drama shit and it hit me. I just jumped up and said “hey. Wait a minute! I’ll be 34 this year”. To which my wife said. “No, you’re 32. You’ll be 33 this year.” I then went through the math. Born in 87.

We were both just stunned. So much shit keeps happening that we both managed to forget my actual age.

It’s nice to have a minor fail and not come where with some new massive shit like “oh today, turns out I have every cancer and my mother stole my house”. Speaking of. It’s been months since I’ve spoken to her. She’s sent messages trying to threat me like “respond to me or I will stop paying your mortgage” which she doesn’t, hasn’t, and never will. It’s funny how sad and desperate she’s getting. She still however does daily drive byes and I’m 70% sure she stole my Gazeobo Tarp over the winter from my garage but little does she know. We have an extra one.

So while, yes. I am an idiot. This fail makes me happy.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My dude. I was born in '86. I'm turning 35. Tell your wife to redo that math.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    My dude. I was born in '86. I'm turning 35. Tell your wife to redo that math.
    I was born in Nov. so I have a late birthday. So this year, I’ll be 34. It’s not just my wife being mistaken. We both were.

2017, I turn 30.
    2018, I turn 31
    2019, I turn 32
    2020, I turn 33
    2021, I’m going to turn 34.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's prolly the company that owns the center that Cream goes to. I haven't donated plasma for a bit myself due to recovering from bad sleep, but I'll call them right now and make sure it'll be okay. Ours lets me donate really quickly (usually the week after) a flu shot.

[Edit] Okay, just called them. They're cool with it; they just said don't admit it until you have the second dose. Shame Biolife doesn't run your center, Cream.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Two fails in one. My having to work out of a conference room in Oakland on Tuesdays is indefinitely extended. Get my laptop plugged in, turn it on, and the whole bottom quarter of my display is fucked up. I had to steal a temporary employee's workstation (hopefully they won't be in today) and relocate it into the conference room so I can work.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Wifey’s pay raise pushed us into a new bracket this year so we gotta pay an assload in taxes.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

don't worry it'll all be put to good use

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    Goddammit, lol.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Realtor that was a family friend of my father and step mother that was going to help us sell the house just fired us as his clients due to my fucking idiot of a brother.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Just realized tomorrow makes 16 years since email mom died , and in a few weeks makes 5 years since my dad passed.

Then of course Mother's Day and Father's Day always comes right behind so adds more salt the wound. Though I seem to be doing better overall mentally this year with even with a fuckton of shit happening in my life right now. I guess that some growth..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

One of my coworkers showed up with lice and they wouldn't even send her home

and sorry to hear, Astylla

edit: since i posted this found out one of my other coworker's husband tested positive for covid

yay this shit show for 8.75/hr

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Just realized tomorrow makes 16 years since email mom died , and in a few weeks makes 5 years since my dad passed.

Then of course Mother's Day and Father's Day always comes right behind so adds more salt the wound. Though I seem to be doing better overall mentally this year with even with a fuckton of shit happening in my life right now. I guess that some growth..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Sorry to hear that Astylla, those days are always tougher, more emotional for those who'd lost their parents.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag