BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Officially job hunting after today and more people leaving by the week.

This place is a DUMPSTER FIRE now and I'm ashamed where I work now. I spent 8 fucking years trying to get in for a good career and to see how things are falling so fast , with more responsibility, under paid versus other local agencies and expecting the same results with less people on top of training multiple people at once , nope. Not vested so hoping in the next 6 months I can GTFO.

Not so naive to think grass is greener but I want no part of further litigation or to be associated with such.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Oof, can I relate to that one hard. Worked at my firm for 11 years. Went from entry level to now senior management, and we just can't retain people because they burn out so damn fast. So the management team has to pick up a lot of the slack. I've officially been at senior management level for 1.5 years now (and middle management before that) and I'm starting to feel it now. If things don't get better soon (and they show no promise) I am going to need to look in other avenues of employment. I wanted a few good years out of this management position to put it on my resume, but at this rate, idk.

I get compensated fairly well, have been treated good over the years, have benefits and get 4 weeks paid vacation, 13 holidays, 8 paid sick days a year, 2 personal days and a decent bonus come Christmas, I genuinely enjoy being a manager and the challenges it brings working with my team, bringing people up under me and seeing them in turn succeed, but holy fuck the amount of work recently is just almost unmanageable. The problem is I've been there since 2011 and I'd have no clue what to do with myself or where to start.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I work in law enforcement, professional civilian staff inside a jail. I am employed by the sheriff's office. I worked so hard to be a good worker and ensure those deputies and staff I work with are safe. That is my priority and while I deal with about 250 to 300 inmates on my own daily , I'm firm but respectful.

The issue is now upper command staff and some departments that are way over my pay grade and responsibilities want to push it all on us Technicians. I have amazing benefits and decent pay but they keep adding more for us to do with less resources and no extra compensation outside our contract which is garbage because too many old guard aren't worried about anything past 5 years to retire.

And I have to train multiple people next few weeks and pretend the job isn't awful lol..

pretend the job isn't awful lol..

You don't have to pretend. You don't have to bitch and hatefuck the place, but you don't have to sugarcoat the place either.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    HOA: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    In California HOAs cannot prevent low water use conversions

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Got 30 days in fb jail for joking w/ my friend about feet. (didn't ask for a foot job lol nothing sexual got dinged for sexual activity)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I work in law enforcement, professional civilian staff inside a jail. I am employed by the sheriff's office. I worked so hard to be a good worker and ensure those deputies and staff I work with are safe. That is my priority and while I deal with about 250 to 300 inmates on my own daily , I'm firm but respectful.

The issue is now upper command staff and some departments that are way over my pay grade and responsibilities want to push it all on us Technicians. I have amazing benefits and decent pay but they keep adding more for us to do with less resources and no extra compensation outside our contract which is garbage because too many old guard aren't worried about anything past 5 years to retire.

And I have to train multiple people next few weeks and pretend the job isn't awful lol..

I've been with our sheriff's office for 10 years now. Luckily vesting was at 8, but everything i read everywhere is all suffering the same thing. New hires stay less and less, complain more and are less likely to even make it past the 1st year compared to 5 years ago or longer.
    I was asking one of the majors a while back about the numbers; they wanted 600 new hires between dec-apr to attempt to catch up on how short staffed we are. Didn't happen, he was talking about this current pay period and 16 of the brand new class of 30 quit before ever coming to the jail from training. He says it's pretty typical the last few years.
    They moved us from 5 12s to a full panama schedule just to placate to the younger group that were leaving because they weren't getting weekends off due to lack of seniority.
    There's other issues but the primary stated reason is that.
    I don't know how much longer I'll stick around, but unless something changes law enforcement is a failing career in modern times

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Delayed View Post
    I've been with our sheriff's office for 10 years now. Luckily vesting was at 8, but everything i read everywhere is all suffering the same thing. New hires stay less and less, complain more and are less likely to even make it past the 1st year compared to 5 years ago or longer.
    I was asking one of the majors a while back about the numbers; they wanted 600 new hires between dec-apr to attempt to catch up on how short staffed we are. Didn't happen, he was talking about this current pay period and 16 of the brand new class of 30 quit before ever coming to the jail from training. He says it's pretty typical the last few years.
    They moved us from 5 12s to a full panama schedule just to placate to the younger group that were leaving because they weren't getting weekends off due to lack of seniority.
    There's other issues but the primary stated reason is that.
    I don't know how much longer I'll stick around, but unless something changes law enforcement is a failing career in modern times

I'm sadly aware it's a huge issue across the state here in California and others for multiple reasons, not getting into the legal shit , just speaking from a pure staffing standpoint yeah its a MESS.

My work week is Sunday , Monday Tuesday 6am to 6pm and Wednesday 6am to noon.
    Most days we have no one to relieve for meal breaks, meaning we have to get deputies to cover. Okay that's great except..sometimes we have ONE , and they can't just be stuck inside the tower for an hour in case shit happens in house. I've had overtime cards denied for not being able to take breaks on those days, but keeping record of everything.

Sad part is my position has SO MANY places I can transfer to out of the jail , I've had multiple interviews but on paper my attendance is shit due to excused medical reasonsreasons, flu , bereavement, etc. But all they see is days missed, I get it but I work really hard too.

Like today walked in and the command staff apparently had "no idea" 10 people were training today..except they were all CC'D on the emails we got so..yeah.
    And shit today was so bad I had to stop myself from telling my trainee " Are you SURE you want to work here..?" ,lol.

I've been tempted to take a demotion within the county to just leave the jail. Apparently some already have..transfer list and separation list was pretty long in a bad way.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm sadly aware it's a huge issue across the state here in California and others for multiple reasons, not getting into the legal shit , just speaking from a pure staffing standpoint yeah its a MESS.

My work week is Sunday , Monday Tuesday 6am to 6pm and Wednesday 6am to noon.
    Most days we have no one to relieve for meal breaks, meaning we have to get deputies to cover. Okay that's great except..sometimes we have ONE , and they can't just be stuck inside the tower for an hour in case shit happens in house. I've had overtime cards denied for not being able to take breaks on those days, but keeping record of everything.

Sad part is my position has SO MANY places I can transfer to out of the jail , I've had multiple interviews but on paper my attendance is shit due to excused medical reasonsreasons, flu , bereavement, etc. But all they see is days missed, I get it but I work really hard too.

Like today walked in and the command staff apparently had "no idea" 10 people were training today..except they were all CC'D on the emails we got so..yeah.
    And shit today was so bad I had to stop myself from telling my trainee " Are you SURE you want to work here..?" ,lol.

I've been tempted to take a demotion within the county to just leave the jail. Apparently some already have..transfer list and separation list was pretty long in a bad way.

We had a lawsuit filed over the lack of breaks a few years ago.
    In the initial complaint there were multiple accounts of staff having pissed themselves or used the trashcan in the pod because they couldn't get a break. I know of one who retired who was bad about it, but he was having medical issues related to it by that point.
    Morale has been suffering big time and it isn't even related to the shxt the inmates pull on the daily.
    I don't envy the people in charge, but at the same time it's their responsibility to fix it when they chose to be in a position that used to be brasses place to end up in their final years as a way of sending off to retirement.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Delayed View Post
    We had a lawsuit filed over the lack of breaks a few years ago.
    In the initial complaint there were multiple accounts of staff having pissed themselves or used the trashcan in the pod because they couldn't get a break. I know of one who retired who was bad about it, but he was having medical issues related to it by that point.
    Morale has been suffering big time and it isn't even related to the shxt the inmates pull on the daily.
    I don't envy the people in charge, but at the same time it's their responsibility to fix it when they chose to be in a position that used to be brasses place to end up in their final years as a way of sending off to retirement.

I've taken note about everytime I'm unable to and am aware others that are just over being vested or not yet are getting burn out.
    Basically trying to do the same work , with at least 1/3 less staff because no one is staying anymore. Part due to commute costs ( I'd say half my team commutes an hour or more) and part of "fuck this shit I'm out".

I'm not looking for the perfect job but I literally come home exhausted , can barely function and literally look forward to my days off just so I can drink/take edibles as much as possible on those days.

I think the only reason I've stayed is because I know I can't make this money with my lack of education and California is all fuck expensive.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Rent went up by 150 when the lease had it go up by 200, uncle brought in 2 ppl (went from 2 to 4) rent goes up by 200 total and my personal single person rent goes up by 150? when my uncle makes 3.5x as much as me. he wants to buy a house next year and he's showing it by exploiting everyone else to pay a bigger share

Went from my own bathroom to sharing it with 2 others, lost garage space and living space, total rent goes up by 200 (if it were just us shoulda been 100 each) and he's like yeah you pay 150 more now

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I haven't been able to find one fucking taco bell Mexican pizza since it came back.
    The whole bay area seems sold out..

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

It's been temporarily removed from the menu due to lack of ingredients to satisfy demand.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Bring back Meximelts while your at it damn it!!

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

The Mexican Pizza uses 2 unique ingredients used in nothing else they sell, the shells (top and bottoms) and the pizza sauce. However, the Meximelt uses ingredients already in use at Taco Bells still to this day (soft taco shell, beef, pico de gallo, 3 cheese blend). So bringing that back is much easier.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Bring back Reaper Ranch Taco's while your at it damn it!!

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk
    Fixed

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    The Mexican Pizza uses 2 unique ingredients used in nothing else they sell, the shells (top and bottoms) and the pizza sauce. However, the Meximelt uses ingredients already in use at Taco Bells still to this day (soft taco shell, beef, pico de gallo, 3 cheese blend). So bringing that back is much easier.
    Also used to have black olives, but they stopped that sometime in the 2000's.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I was describing how it most recently existed. If it came back, it'd be the version that was the most recent.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    I was describing how it most recently existed. If it came back, it'd be the version that was the most recent.
    My bad, I was unclear. I was mainly just lamenting their "Classic" mexican pizza which steadily declined in quality while simultaneously increasing in price until it's demise.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Fiancé is a light sleeper that also happens to kick/spread her legs as far as the bed goes while sleeping.

Woke up at 4:30am to her scratching me with her toe nails. Like literally digging them into me like a cat. So I go “Baby can you please move your legs”.

Now she’s mad at me, can’t fall back asleep, and we’ve been up for 2 hours arguing because I “talked to her while she was sleeping even though she’s a light sleeper” and somehow this means I don’t care about her cause she has a long day of work.

The fuck

King size bed is one of the best things you can buy for a relationship.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag