+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Speaking of health, gonna have to throw in the towel and see a podiatrist this week. I can’t put any pressure on my right foot. Have had this problem for years, at least 10, where every so often it’d flare up.

Military told me it was plantar fasciitis, but god damn this time it’s excruciatingly painful.
    About 3 years ago I stepped up on a curb and felt the most intense burning pain in my foot, felt like it was on fire. But after a few minutes it went away. For probably the next solid year after that I would randomly get shooting pain in that foot randomly for no rhyme or reason whether I was moving or stationary, standing or sitting or laying down. GP told me it sounded like plantar fasciitis but after about a year of random pains it just one day went away. I think what really happened was I cracked or broke a bone somewhere in my foot and it took a year to heal itself.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Woke up about an hour ago feeling itchy all over , back , chest, legs , etc.
    Get up to look in mirror and skin looks blotchy like a rash so get ready to take benadryl. Feels like my throat is closing some and heart racing so end up calling 911.

About 15 minutes after being looked at vitals get back to normal and think I had a fucking panic attack paired with a mild heat rash from being too warm under heavy blankets.
    I definitely feel dumb and embarrassed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Every time one of these stories come up on this board I have to post a reminder that I had a migraine that resulted in vision loss and slurred speech when I had never had a migraine before and ended up being helicoptered up to a special hospital in the bay area because they thought I was having a stroke. I have had that feeling of embarrassment.

Edit: on the foot front I have arthritis in my big toe on my right foot. It is so stupid but the joint in the middle of the toe is shot and it is super painful when my foot gets stepped on or I stub my toe. The dr said nothing can be done about it unless I opt for expensive complicated surgery to fuse the joint. Foot stuff sucks. Thankfully it isn't painful all the time.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Every time one of these stories come up on this board I have to post a reminder that I had a migraine that resulted in vision loss and slurred speech when I had never had a migraine before and ended up being helicoptered up to a special hospital in the bay area because they thought I was having a stroke. I have had that feeling of embarrassment.

Edit: on the foot front I have arthritis in my big toe on my right foot. It is so stupid but the joint in the middle of the toe is shot and it is super painful when my foot gets stepped on or I stub my toe. The dr said nothing can be done about it unless I opt for expensive complicated surgery to fuse the joint. Foot stuff sucks. Thankfully it isn't painful all the time.
    That's some crazy shit but it's a good reminder that we tend to know our bodies the best and when someone is off , even if it's minor it's worth checking out. Just working in the jail and seeing so many legitimate medical emergencies on a daily basis has made me feel guilty for overreacting.
    I don't mind being told I'm being dumb over shit and in fact used to get worked up over any slight medical thing so now I'm more " Eh I'm not dead , I'm fine" , mentality.

And yes agreed foot pain is the worst. I broke my foot about 18 years ago , was awful and have mild arthritis still. Also have what feels like he'll spurs forming in the back of both feet. On top of that have brittle toenails and ingrown issues. Actually getting a pedicure has been the best thing for me on it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

More fun times with the ongoing estate bs. Wasn't sure if my step mother was keeping up on the utilities on the vacation home as she was monitoring the camera's due to my brother. Text her yesterday and find out she hasn't. Called PG&E to check the bill, find out it hasn't been paid, and to add to the fun, her home is also in his name. So I can't call and get things transferred as I don't want to get her shut off. And I feel bad about hitting her up about this as her father just passed away yesterday, so trying to avoid being a burden and give her some time to process the fact she lost my father and her father in an 8 month period without feeling like I'm piling on her.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    About 3 years ago I stepped up on a curb and felt the most intense burning pain in my foot, felt like it was on fire. But after a few minutes it went away. For probably the next solid year after that I would randomly get shooting pain in that foot randomly for no rhyme or reason whether I was moving or stationary, standing or sitting or laying down. GP told me it sounded like plantar fasciitis but after about a year of random pains it just one day went away. I think what really happened was I cracked or broke a bone somewhere in my foot and it took a year to heal itself.
    I've got those issues too, but I fucked up my ankle good back in high school playing football. Team did an unexpected onside kick, I was up front. Caught the ball and by time I even looked back up, 4 guys were in my face. I can still remember going to the ground, but my foot was planted on the ground in a standing position from one of them tackling at the legs and holding on tight. For the past 3~ years or so, idk if it's age or what, but every 6~12 months or so, it's like my brain forgets how to walk on it, and I roll it. Last time, I went to the docs about it cause I really came down on it hard. Actually fell to the ground on it and had trouble walking on it for nearly two months. They said there's a fracture that doesn't look like it ever healed right. Offered physical therapy, surgery, or just pay extra attention. I've got a brace I wear anytime I do anything physical or find myself walking on uneven footing. The pressure from it really enflames it more, but at least if I come down on it, I'm good. I've got nothin for the burning except elevating it.

Exactly what I thought of reading it. Did you ever get that helicopter bill figured out? I remember you having some serious stress over it, but don't recall seeing any follow up.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

My wife's first ocular migraine was similarly scary. She called me in lab complaining of unilateral visual impairment and I told her it was either an ocular migraine (likely) or it's a stroke (very unlikely). I recommended just walking to urgent care (very close, I was very far) and asking them / getting into a supervised setting to be safe. That's the day that my PhD was useful.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So I think the people who work out of this office I have to work out of every Tuesday is working from home due to the Chauvin Trial and forgot to tell me. Normally there's 1-2 people here at 8am (I normally roll in at 815-830) and I'm currently the only one here.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Exactly what I thought of reading it. Did you ever get that helicopter bill figured out? I remember you having some serious stress over it, but don't recall seeing any follow up.
    Yeah I got it figured out. We live in a really rural area and my wife had just given birth a few months before at home. We had joined the emergency medical helicopter club prior to my wife having the baby just in case something went wrong because she wanted to have the baby at home. The helicopter service costs $78/year. So the total helicopter bill was about $80k my insurance paid a few thousand of that and because we had our helicopter membership the helicopter company waived the rest of the fee that we would have been responsible for.

The whole thing was made even worse because at the time the only highway in or out of the area was closed because of a massive slide to the south of us and a bridge that was being demolished due to storm damage to the north of us so an ambulance ride wouldn't work. Ironically the ambulance ride from my work at the time to the helicopter pad a few miles up the road cost me more than the helicopter ride itself.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

My homeless coworker (lives in a shelter) quit today lmao like you obviously need the money wtf

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I regret to inform you all that I survived the second surgery, but my right arm is paralyzed and I no longer have an asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    My homeless coworker (lives in a shelter) quit today lmao like you obviously need the money wtf
    When being homeless is better than putting up with your bosses shit, you've done fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I regret to inform you all that I survived the second surgery, but my right arm is paralyzed and I no longer have an asshole
    WTF?

BG Level

i....holy shit man.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Uhhh...what???????!!!!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They crushed the nerves in my arm and had to remove the entire anus due to a very bad fistule. I can regain sensation in the arm but it will take weeks and isn't guaranteed.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Jfc dude I'm sorry that happened to you. I don't know the whole story but damn man...I wish you the best

BG Level

fuuuucking hell man.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear that. Will PM.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Sorry to hear that man, I hope the fistule surgery provided relief for you and you are feeling better.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

My boss is stupid. The ppl who have been there for the whole ass last year are making under 9 bucks/hr, 5-6 days a week. The assistant manager makes under 10; and she's so desperate for ppl she invited someone who quit months ago to come back, just for 3 days a week (fri-sun) for 10.50; like i'm not going to make sure everyone in the building knows.

She stared months after me, worked there for 4-5 months (i been there 13 months) quit and now they trying to get her back as the second highest paid in the building (after my boss herself) and she has to work half as many shifts as anyone else? nah lol i'm planting seeds in everyone's head on this one

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Why haven't they fired you already

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text