+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 104 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I haven’t had a cold in 2 years and I have one now and feel terrible. Please everyone go back to the lockdown.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Daughter was old enough for the swim team through parks and rec (all park pools have their own team) starting last year. Covid hit and it was cancelled.

Registration for the summer parks and rec started today at 8AM.

I set an alarm for it.

APPARENTLY FOR 8 PM instead of AM.

Everything fucking booked.

Even for the regular swim lessons, which my son really needs.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Thankfully they have waitlists and you can see your position for them. Son will probably get to do a week or 2 of lessons. But when it comes to the swim teams she's like position 80+ on all of them.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Kids don't need swim lessons. They float, throw them in.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    That's what my dad did with me. I don't remember it but my sister and mother say I almost drowned.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    My sons been taking swim lessons since he was 6 and still won’t swim on his own. He’s a little frustrating in this area.

We’ve been using our above ground for weeks now and it took forever to get him to stand up in it (he needs to be on his tippy toes with head tilted up, but still), he still won get rid of the pool noodle.

He loves the pool and wants to go in every day but won’t let go of his crutches.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Saw a piece of property go up for sale yesterday in the area where I live. Remote and out of the way but move in ready house on a lot of land. Was really excited to see it as real estate is rare in this area and even more rare that it is priced at a level that is remotely affordable by normal people. In less than a day they had multiple above asking all cash offers. Fuck this housing market and fuck rich people buying vacation homes.

I know I live in an area where property is at a premium. This is just me venting my personal frustration as I couldn't even go view the house or contemplate making it work as it was gone as fast as it became available.

Also I am tired of seeing time and time again regular people get pushed out of the area because someone buys property builds a GIANT multi million dollar mansion on the property then uses it occasionally as a vacation home then sells the property to the next person who does the same. The vast majority of properties where I live are empty.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

There are a lot of foreign investors who buy out homes in this area too, and it was hard to compete against since they'd do full-cash offers. It was nuts.

I wish you luck and can say it'll happen!

Sometimes it's just timing.

Our home we got was up against two other pool homes being listed at the same time, and you can only put one offer on a place at a time, so we had like no competition. And tbh, without the pool factor I found our home to be a much better lay out and with a bigger square footage. And we put in a pool anyway, soooo (and before people comment, the other two homes: 1 was an inground, 1 was an above ground and both had about the same amount of competition).

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Saw a piece of property go up for sale yesterday in the area where I live. Remote and out of the way but move in ready house on a lot of land. Was really excited to see it as real estate is rare in this area and even more rare that it is priced at a level that is remotely affordable by normal people. In less than a day they had multiple above asking all cash offers. Fuck this housing market and fuck rich people buying vacation homes.

I know I live in an area where property is at a premium. This is just me venting my personal frustration as I couldn't even go view the house or contemplate making it work as it was gone as fast as it became available.

Also I am tired of seeing time and time again regular people get pushed out of the area because someone buys property builds a GIANT multi million dollar mansion on the property then uses it occasionally as a vacation home then sells the property to the next person who does the same. The vast majority of properties where I live are empty.
    We are about 3 weeks in since the house in Groveland got listed. Recent homes comparable to our acreage and house size that sold in april/may was about 390-425k, so we've got our's listed for 439k. So far we've had two people super excited and decide the following day it was out of their range, or they just didn't want any of the houses listed. Another who loved everything except being able to see a neighbor's deck when on the upper back deck of the place we are selling, so they decided to look at the 750k+ homes so they'd have more privacy, and a few other maybe's.

Honestly I'd say yes to any offer at 400k or above, so fingers still crossed.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Saw Nintendo put up refurbished Nintendo 2DS's on their site for 50 bucks, and decided I'd get one for some high sea's homebrewing. First color gives me an out of stock message after entering my payment information, switch to the other color and it declines every card. Check my first card, and I show a pending payment for the amount, but nothing in my order history.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Coworker looked up the weed dealer on the phone number sheet incorrectly pickded my number then threatened me when i told him he had the wrong number; don't know whether to just report his texts to his probation officer, whoop his ass, or what else to do, lol dude weighs 115 talking about he gonna kick my ass

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Naw, I don't think you can whoop anyone's ass.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Grandma gave me a gift for the house I put an offer on. ...Problem is the mortgage paperwork is requesting her bank account # and she is refusing to give it to me out of fear of identity theft/privacy loss.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Had a 4.0 earthquake hit on the fault about a mile from where I live. 12 years in California and this was the largest one I've felt but definitely freaked stare., felt like things were shaking for minutes when it was maybe 2 seconds. I hate this state.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Pretty much stared at the wall all last night and didn’t sleep a wink.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I'm in the same place Xno.

Slept 3 hours Sunday into Monday. Thought I would make up the time by going to bed super early last night, ended up waking up at 9:30pm, been up ever since.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Getting the last of the house cleaned out. It's going to push 100 by mid day and the ac in the house is broken.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

-.-

bedbugs

FUCK

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

RIP.

That shit is going to be a nightmare. Do you live in an apartment?

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Yep.
    Told the manager the same day I found out. (Friday morning.)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    -.-

bedbugs

FUCK
    Wouldn't wish this on anyone. Get that shit taken care of as soon as you can.

Lotsa resources out there with tips to deal with them.

If you don't have a full infestation. Invest in a good steam cleaner. Sounds dumb as hell but it kills bugs on impact.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 104 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag