+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 103 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Holy shit. I went out for an hour. Came back home and instantly went to look for him again. He was ontop of one of my bushes just floating. It's almost too obvious. I checked those bushes atleast a dozen times and so did my fiance and future brother in law. I think someone took him, saw my Neighbors App post, and put him back on my lawn. Either way, super super relieved to have him home. Never ever again will he be outside without being fenced in.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    Holy shit. I went out for an hour. Came back home and instantly went to look for him again. He was ontop of one of my bushes just floating. It's almost too obvious. I checked those bushes atleast a dozen times and so did my fiance and future brother in law. I think someone took him, saw my Neighbors App post, and put him back on my lawn. Either way, super super relieved to have him home. Never ever again will he be outside without being fenced in.
    I'm so happy to hear he is home and safe regardless of what happened. It's hard to not neat yourself up I know but everything can be a learning experience and hope the day gets better !

My fail is I'm sick..again.
    About 3 to 4 weeks ago had a flu that lasted like nine days , 4 days of fever , etc.
    Friday night start feeling a little tired and throat is tender, congestion and allergies have been killing me so figured it's that.

By Saturday afternoon full blown skin crawling feeling , chills nonstop shivering for hours , skin is on fire, head was so hot to the touch ice was melting insanely fast through a towel. Took fever reducers and rested , called off work Sunday. Sunday still feel awful, light cough starts, phone appointment with doctor agrees to take PCR test today to just rule out covid obviously, but now feels like bronchitis as I'm coughing deep from my chest with phlegm, and now killer ear ache in my right ear. Even the doctor was like "Yeah now we sometimes forget to rule out other viruses or infections besides Covid-19 but they are still out there". I physically feel worse than last flu bleh.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    I'm so happy to hear he is home and safe regardless of what happened. It's hard to not neat yourself up I know but everything can be a learning experience and hope the day gets better !

My fail is I'm sick..again.
    About 3 to 4 weeks ago had a flu that lasted like nine days , 4 days of fever , etc.
    Friday night start feeling a little tired and throat is tender, congestion and allergies have been killing me so figured it's that.

By Saturday afternoon full blown skin crawling feeling , chills nonstop shivering for hours , skin is on fire, head was so hot to the touch ice was melting insanely fast through a towel. Took fever reducers and rested , called off work Sunday. Sunday still feel awful, light cough starts, phone appointment with doctor agrees to take PCR test today to just rule out covid obviously, but now feels like bronchitis as I'm coughing deep from my chest with phlegm, and now killer ear ache in my right ear. Even the doctor was like "Yeah now we sometimes forget to rule out other viruses or infections besides Covid-19 but they are still out there". I physically feel worse than last flu bleh.

Thank you so much!! Definitely learned a lot from this.

And jeez I feel like you are always sick!!! It's gotta be your job and the environment of your job. Is it super confined or do you have open hallways and stuff?

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Thank you so much!! Definitely learned a lot from this.

And jeez I feel like you are always sick!!! It's gotta be your job and the environment of your job. Is it super confined or do you have open hallways and stuff?
    So as a kid I was chronically sick, they never found out why. Had ear infections at least 8 times a year , bronchitis 2 to 3 times a year , etc.

Last 10 years I started taking better care of myself, vitamins, exercise , losing weight , etc. and noticed I got sick maybe once a year.
    I haven't dealt with things this bad ever in my adult life.
    I work in a jail so basically indoors with shit ventilation for 12 hour shifts a day. If I'm lucky enough to get meal relief ( HAHAHA) I might get to walk outside to the cafeteria to get a small breath of fresh air.
    On my days off I prefer being outdoors as much as possible as energy and time allows.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    So as a kid I was chronically sick, they never found out why. Had ear infections at least 8 times a year , bronchitis 2 to 3 times a year , etc.

Last 10 years I started taking better care of myself, vitamins, exercise , losing weight , etc. and noticed I got sick maybe once a year.
    I haven't dealt with things this bad ever in my adult life.
    I work in a jail so basically indoors with shit ventilation for 12 hour shifts a day. If I'm lucky enough to get meal relief ( HAHAHA) I might get to walk outside to the cafeteria to get a small breath of fresh air.
    On my days off I prefer being outdoors as much as possible as energy and time allows.

It's awesome that taking better care of yourself showed such noticeable results. It's nice when the work pays off like that.

But yeah, the jail is definitely not a friendly place for someone with chronic sickness. Hope work allows you to get you some sunlight.

I work from home strapped to a computer chair, but I make sure to take sunlight breaks where I just walk outside for a couple minutes every few hours. I feel so much better on days I get to go outside a bit more than the others.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Nothing like being on full stress mode trusting a CPA that has worked with estate accounting but I feel like I know more than he does after self-preparing an accounting report for my dad's estate. Fuck conservatorships.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Woooo! My good vibes worked!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Sitting in my car in a parking lot and dumb idiot whacks my side where the back driver's side wheel is. Mainly superficial damage but it looks like a corner of the panel is bent in slightly.

So now I have to mull if it's worth dealing with insurance

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Sitting in my car in a parking lot and dumb idiot whacks my side where the back driver's side wheel is. Mainly superficial damage but it looks like a corner of the panel is bent in slightly.

So now I have to mull if it's worth dealing with insurance

It's their insurance, of course you do. That's 4 figures worth of damage right there

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I hope you got their info. I had almost the same thing happen the other day. Was in parking lot and this huge SUV had parked right next to me. I'm sitting in my car and was looking up a place I was going next to make sure they were not closed. All of a sudden this little old lady with a walker (not kidding) shuffles up to that thing on the passenger side and opens that door for some reason. I was watching her like a hawk and sure enough, "THUD!" She didn't even bat an eye. I couldn't tell where it hit at first and went she walked around to the driver side I got out and looked it hit the plastic of the side mirror. Just scuffed it. For a minute I thought I was going to have to call the police on a old person that has no business driving.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I hate being sick in Covid-19 times.
    Had to make another phone appointment since I'm getting worse and suspect bronchitis and ear infection due to having a lengthy history growing up. Still waiting on PCR test as well.

Of course none of this history is on their file because I wasn't with Kaiser until I was in my 30s. So asking for a chest xray to rule things out , coughing nonstop over the phone and just basically told me to wait and see what the test says...sigh. My primary is off until June 20th and would have at minimum given me a round of antibiotics because she knows I don't ask for meds and also knows I'm allergic to almost everything so it must be bad.
    I've been up coughing almost all night..

TLDR : Been sick since Saturday, took PCR test yesterday, finally had an at home test today and tested positive ×2 just to be sure , waiting on Kaiser PCR to confirm. Still shocked it took THIS long for me to catch given my work environment.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

So I need to preface this by saying I wear glasses and am basically legally blibd without them. I was in the shower last night and thought I felt something crawling down my leg.

I saw a large something and screamed and jumped out soaking wet. It was my own hair..
    I never felt so dumb lol.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Lightning in the LA area knocked out power for a bit. Equipment to continue work is not on the backup gen circuit. Time to twiddle thumbs with my coworkers and unilaterally make a call that work is off in 45 minutes (7am PDT).

The joys of having enough rapport that my supervisor would support this call instead of the department doing OT pissing off the bean counters.

Well, went almost 2 1/2 years without COVID. Had to go to a training in DC last week. My flight back was set to leave at 5 pm, they kept delaying 30 mins to an hour until 11:30 pm, then canceled the flight. Couldn't get a flight out until the next day at 10 pm. Hotels kick you out after 11, so i spend almost 14 hours in the airport...

Thought i still beat it, clean COVID test for 4 days... but i got a sore throat yesterday and just knew it was over. Positive test today... it was a good run.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Well, went almost 2 1/2 years without COVID. Had to go to a training in DC last week. My flight back was set to leave at 5 pm, they kept delaying 30 mins to an hour until 11:30 pm, then canceled the flight. Couldn't get a flight out until the next day at 10 pm. Hotels kick you out after 11, so i spend almost 14 hours in the airport...

Thought i still beat it, clean COVID test for 4 days... but i got a sore throat yesterday and just knew it was over. Positive test today... it was a good run.
    Womppp. Feel Better. Flight cancellations have been a big issue for me this past year on all of my work trips.

My fail:
    Was supposed to go to Ecuador for a week. Now there's riots (in one of the cities I was going) and they're trying to overthrow the President. Had to postpone my vacation.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Literal first world problems.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I can't stand that people fucking FaceTime and use speakerphone in the public restroom. Are people literally that attached to their electronics they can't disconnect for a few minutes ?

I can't make this shit up but heard someone yesterday have a facetime conversation in a stall , while using the bathroom about what to wear that night and showing off outfits as I heard commenting on it. It can fucking wait.

Do guys do this too or are women just that
    fucking ridiculous? Lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I really, really try hard to avoid using public restrooms, but if so, I just look at stonks.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Random Fail III: I Can't Come Up With A Title Right Now: Cantih Title Credit Edition

Men have an unwritten code to leave one another the fuck alone, say as little as possible, and maintain a one stall/urinal unit of distance.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Speak for yourself

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size