+ Reply to Thread

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut (PC/NSW/PS4/PS5/XBS/XSX) - Isometric RPG - 2021

The Final Cut update dropped today for the Playstations and PC (Xboxers and Switch will have to wait a couple months) which provides voice-acting for the entire game while adding new characters, quests, items, etc. ultimate version of a game rocking a 91 at Metacritic and one that nabbed best role-playing game, best indie game, and best narrative at the Game Awards, while grabbing game of the year awards from PC Gamer and Zero Punctuation, among others.

my stanning is well known, but it is one of the finest RPG's i've ever played. you play the hollowed out shell of a detective undergoing temporary amnesia as the result of a drug/booze bender, and are dispatched to solve the game's central who done it murder mystery while the narrative sprawls out in a dozen different directions during the course of investigation. set in the backdrop of a failed communist revolution the game rocks an impressionist water-color art style and its writing/lore takes its influence from such diversity of sources as The Wire, Karl Marx, Planescape: Torment, Rembrandt, D&D, True Detective, and Dashiell Hammett. it is very very funny, occasionally very sad, and always masterfully and strangely written.

t;l;d;r, play this game if you like art in your games and/or dying to a mailbox because you kicked it and hurt your toe and embarrassed failed to pass a morale check.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh hey, here's a thread.

I already downloaded it to my PS5, eagerly looking forward to playing it.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Upgrade free for the Steam version? That's a nice surprise, maybe I'll finally get around to going though it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was waiting but looks like I will continue to do so for a while: https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021..._ps5_at_launch

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Upgrade free for the Steam version? That's a nice surprise, maybe I'll finally get around to going though it.
    yup, free update if you already own it. finally gonna have to finish this one off.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Am excited to go through a third time with full VO now. Some of them seemed to change, but so far, so good.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Am excited to go through a third time with full VO now. Some of them seemed to change, but so far, so good.
    most of the ones they changed are for the better but p disappointed in the Cuno rerecording. the manic, feral, subhuman, Darren-Till-on-speed, Scouse fit the character perfectly and the new more subdued acting is fine but not *iconic*

also verdict is still out on the main narrator. for the narration he's ok, if not Divinity: Original Sin II or Darkest Dungeon good, but vocalizing all the skills with the same monotone flat affect is meh given how killer and different ancient reptilian brain and limbic system are. might play on psychological voice acting mode to cut the dude out and just read through Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau's interiority.

alsoalso starting out in hardcore mode for the first time. damn i am one sorry broke cop.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This game has been such a trip. I've been doing a sober playthrough, and I can't help but wonder how much hilarity I am missing out on. I have definitely enjoyed the hell out of this game, but I feel like anyone who doesn't like exposition heavy games would absolutely hate it. I've had some mechanical problems on PS5 since the last patch, too, which has slowed down the game at times, which sucks.

Also, I think I am near the end, but hard to tell for sure.

Spoiler: show
    I'm on Day 7, as I just missed two days after getting injured. I was injured in the firefight between the mercs and the Hardie Boys outside of the Whirling-in-Rags after coming back from finding Ruby, and am now setting up to go out to an island in the bay. Am I near the end? Storywise, I feel like I am very close, but this game is so quirky I can't tell for sure.

BG Level

you are nearing the end aye, and i've actually never done a drugged up alcoholic run i feel too guilty trying to get Raphaël back on the straight and narrow. imagine it is one laughy depressing hoot tho.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I suck.

Spoiler: show
    I shot the body and got sent to the main menu

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Masterpiece game. It’s really interesting that I’m kinda obsessed with the conservative-liberal dichotomy in america that this game that detests liberals and is very communist-sympathetic was quite intriguing.

The colllectors edition is sick….. so expensive though but it is tempting !!

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

BG Level

really the only way it could have ended

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Good luck trying to replace that writer for a sequel. May as well cancel it.