• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What are the differences between these 2 products? (Portable Monitor)

I contacted customer support just in case someone might know and they said the gaming one is compatible with all consoles. I thought this was a silly answer but the guy is probably doing his job only and I didn't feel like antagonizing them with more challenging questions:

Product 1, none gaming version:

https://www.electriq.co.uk/p/eiq-15f...riq-eiq15fhdpm

Product 2, gaming version

https://www.electriq.co.uk/p/eiq-15f...rt-and-service

Unless I am missing something, in my view both are exactly the same. The gaming version is £10 extra ($17~) on eBay, brand new, both from the same seller I intend to purchase it from. But just in case I'm going mad here or am severely missing something obvious, in my opinion if it's HDMI enabled then both should be compatible with all consoles (that use HDMI at least; the person who responded to me should have at least made that point clear in my opinion. A PS2 user won't be able to utilise it without some extra adapters for example)

Maybe insert the office meme here "they're the same picture" haha

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

'Gaming' one has speakers the other one doesn't

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Both spec sheets state "Xbox and Playstation Compatible" there's not enough info there to make a clear differentiation that I can see.
    Though "compatible" and "compliant" are words that are often too generously used, they could be using some minor differences in internal parts (such as ndifferent grade panels), but you'd probably need an enthusiast forum or one of their engineers to be sure. Sorry I can't be of more help

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Haha it's ok Hellfury, this thread was more of a game and also to reaffirm that my understanding of HDMI is not device specific providing the port is there!

And ya Proth both say it has speakers hehe, so that's not the difference unless you can specifically highlight what I missed!

I'll most likely pay £10 more for the gaming one just in case. This has a simple use which is basically for my mum. She likes sitting close to the screen but her TV is not very big (no room for a bigger one either) and rather far from her seat. Moving it closer is not an option due to the weight of both seat (sofa) and the TV table/TV. Unfortunately my parents don't exactly have a desk, so it's not possible to sit upright in front of a screen. Currently she's placed her standard ipad on a coffee table in front of her which I felt was not very comfortable to watch netflix on. So to increase her quality of life, I'm rigging up her Apple TV to one of these monitors so she can place it in front of her while still being able to use it to watch Netflix a bit more comfortably, or on the dinner table when she has food, etc

In theory, for as long as it can display an image, nothing really matters. Sound wise she has her airpods so that won't truly be an issue. Viewing angles won't matter too much either (and she'll be too unwise to notice).