+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

https://www.avclub.com/steven-spielb...ing-1847144630
    In a statement that we’re just going to assume was in no way coerced, Spielberg said that it was “abundantly clear” once he started talking to Netflix boss Ted Sarandos that working with the streaming service would be “an amazing opportunity to tell new stories together and reach audiences in new ways.” He also casually referred to the platform as a “new avenue for our films,” which seems kind of telling since he didn’t say “TV movies that are not real movies.” As for what Amblin’s slate of Netflix films will look like, THR says there are “no restrictions regarding budget or genre” and that Amblin’s existing deal with Universal is still intact. That means some Amblin movies will still go to theaters through Universal and some will go to Netflix, but there’s no specific rule in place (as far as anyone knows) to decide what goes where.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

If you enjoyed WandaVision, I highly recommend checking out Kevin Can Fuck Himself. It’s streaming on Amazon Prime, and definitely let’s you feeling like, “Where the fuck is this going?”

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    If you enjoyed WandaVision, I highly recommend checking out Kevin Can Fuck Himself. It’s streaming on Amazon Prime, and definitely let’s you feeling like, “Where the fuck is this going?”
    unfortunately only the first 2 ep are free. I agree its very interesting.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    unfortunately only the first 2 ep are free. I agree its very interesting.
    So I am not sure how it's going to go down but:

AMC+ gets them a week early.

The 3rd ep on reg AMC just aired yesterday.

I can't find anywhere whether Prime is getting it a week after that, so I guess we'll see.

If not, I may wait until the season is out and just purchase it to watch it through. It's supposed to be only 8 episodes.

So.. America the motion picture on netflix... I have not laughed so hard in a long time.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So.. America the motion picture on netflix... I have not laughed so hard in a long time.
    Fucking Paul Revere

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Fucking Paul Revere
    The transporter..so many references, star wars, avengers jesus..

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

That was so damn good.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Wtf did I just watch?

anybody watching dave on fx? it's lil dicky through and through but goddamn it has some funny parts

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone that's got Prime, season 4 of Matsumoto's Documental got subbed quietly last month after a two year wait from the prior season.

It's terribly named, but the quick rundown about it is 10 Japanese comedians do a no-laughs-allowed session for six hours in one room, and pretty much anything goes for them to try and psyche each other out to smile/laugh, which is why it's stuck with an 18+ tag. First season starts a little slow though.

It'd be familiar to anyone that's seen a Batsu game from Gaki no Tsukai over the past decade, although this one is strictly a deathmatch between comedians, no elaborate stages or setups. A lot of physical/absurd/mind-game humor involved which translates well to English audiences imo.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I doubt this is going to go well but we'll have to see.

Gunpowder Milkshake was fun. There were a couple great scenes but some dumb ass choices made for the sake of cool action instead of practical.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I doubt this is going to go well but we'll have to see.
    Ya, even Amazon is having trouble and they’re a trillion dollar company. I think these companies are doomed because they don’t understand how long video games take, it’d take a decade or two to cultivate talent to compete with the big players in the space.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Amazon was also apparently very unwilling to compromise their 'ambition' in order to maximize profit and that has clearly backfired. Reports of all these internal mandates that every game project had to be the biggest and best thing in it's field, and all these twitch integrations and other amazon platform pushing and so on. Basically the DC Universe approach of "our competitors are making a lot of money, so let's do what they do but instead of organic growth and laying the groundwork to establish things first we're gonna just go big"

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Amazon was also apparently very unwilling to compromise their 'ambition' in order to maximize profit and that has clearly backfired. Reports of all these internal mandates that every game project had to be the biggest and best thing in it's field, and all these twitch integrations and other amazon platform pushing and so on. Basically the DC Universe approach of "our competitors are making a lot of money, so let's do what they do but instead of organic growth and laying the groundwork to establish things first we're gonna just go big"
    I did kinda of respect that idea of like “Let’s make a game that NO ONE ELSE COULD POSSIBLY MAKE”, but as you said that doesn’t go you good if there’s no organic vision there. Especially with the crappy mandate to use specific tools. I don’t think we’ve seen anything amazing has come out of their acquirement of Cryengine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag