+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Vivo
    Vivo is pure joy to watch(minus the middle part). It's another winner from Sony Pictures Animation that has amazing colorful animation, a great simple story, and fantastic memorable songs from Lin-Manuel Miranda. Sony keeps knocking it out of the park with these animated films lately, and this being their first musical one, already made a excellent first impression. If Sony keeps this up, they'll be giving Disney and Pixar a run for their money.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Netflix exclusive.
    Premiers on Netflix worldwide this December. It’ll be broadcast on Japanese TV on January 2022.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I haven’t watched the short movie yet but I’m excited to watch it when I’m free

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Oshit, I didn't even know this was a thing. Sign me the fuck up

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

The hook for B.J. Novak’s new FX anthology series, The Premise, is built right into the name: 6 individual episodes, all built around a big, beefy idea designed to provoke controversy and interest in equal measures. Like, “What if your lousy sex tape managed to catch a moment of intense police brutality?” “What if the father of a mass shooting victim decided to join the world’s biggest gun lobby—and his co-workers started getting nervous about all the weapons he’s carrying around?” And, “What if it was, in fact, really all riding on this butt plug?”

All of these premises—especially the butt plug one, from the episode that is, per FX itself, titled “Butt Plug”—are featured prominently in the new trailer for the series, which also plays up the other major thing the show has going for it. I.e., this is one hell of a cast: Tracee Ellis Ross, Daniel Dae Kim, Lola Kirke, Ayo Edebiri, Jon Bernthal, and more all lend their talents to the half-hour installments, all of which have been either co-written or directed by Novak, working with folks like Kitao Sakurai, Jia Tolentino, and Darya Zhuk.

FX listed all six of the titular premises in a press release for the show this afternoon, and they all sound similarly provocative: A popstar offers to have sex with the class valedictorian of a high school, spurring a renewed interest in the students’ educations; a woman drives herself to madness trying to please an anonymous online commenter; a rich businessman offers his old school bully a chance at redemption, or maybe revenge, by asking him to pitch “a very specific product” to his board of directors. (That’s the butt plug one; you could tell, couldn’t you?) At the risk of being reductive, the whole thing feels a little Black Mirror, albeit if Black Mirror exclusively took place in a world at our exact level of technological development. (Hence, presumably, the tagline: “An anthology of now.”)

The Premise debuts, with “Social Justice Sex Tape” and the Bernthal-starring “Moment Of Silence,” on FX’s FX On Hulu brand on September 16.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://deadline.com/2021/07/chicago...ch-1234800556/

From the studio that developed Big Mouth. 16 half hour episodes.

From Chris Witaske, inspired by his Twitter account; Jon Barinholtz (Superstore) and Katie Rich, who also star; Will Gluck’s Olive Bridge Entertainment; and Titmouse (Big Mouth, Human Resources).

Superstore alumna Lauren Ash and Rory O’Malley (The Book of Mormon) lead the voice cast, along with RuPaul Charles, Jill Talley, Ike Barinholtz, Jon Barinholtz, Da’Vine Joy Randolph, Rich and Witaske.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

He-man and The masters of the universe Ep1-10

I watched the 3D animated Netflix He-Man And honestly? It’s not He-Man. But it’s not BAD. It’s actually really great. And it’s kind of a shame because if it was an original idea, I think it would have drawn in a LOT more people. But I think because it’s He-Man and it’s almost nothing like He-Man, it’ll suffer in publicity.

it’s still a great show; The characters aren’t assholes to each other, the girls aren’t rude or snarky or “girl power” types who just overpower everything. Like Teela has magic powers but there’s only so much she can do in her power at first(unlike Kevin Smith Tesla). Please don’t cancel it, I want season 2. Overall 8/10.

Also dat Skeletor design, top notch.

I watched the first ep and was like wow this has really good produciton value. yes its not he-man but the remagined world is cool also.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Wait until episode 9. They go crazy the visuals.

Lucky I found an interview with creator of this series.

He leaked Kevin Smith Part 2 is coming later this year.
    He confirmed they got a second season. Thank god I’m so sick of great series getting cancel early

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://deadline.com/2021/09/family-...rm-1234838887/
    https://twitter.com/AdultSwimNoCon/s...31453578772480

Family Guy's old seasons have officially left Adult Swim to stream on FXX & Freeform. The older seasons of Futurama will also appear on FXX in November.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Maintaining the work of secret societies requires a dedicated team and an equally staunch leader. Here, that’s Reagan Ridley (Lizzy Caplan), an “antisocial tech genius” who nonetheless must manage a team of misfits played by Clark Duke, Andrew Daly, Bobby Lee, John DiMaggio, and Brett Gelman. Tisha Campbell provides the voice of Gigi Thompson, the head of “PR and media manipulation.” Reagan toils in her father Rand’s (Christian Slater) shadow, working for a promotion that may never come, and may not be all that desirable anyway (there’s got to be a better way to make money than by flooding online message boards with “Elvis lives” propaganda, right?) But Reagan might actually hold the strangest belief of all—the belief that we can make this world a better place. Just how those feelings line up with her job will undoubtedly be one of the topics explored in this first season, which Takeuchi co-executive produced with Gravity Falls creator Alex Hirsch.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

It feels like the Netflix execs just discovered Adult Swim and are greenlighting a lot of similar shows...

i never got to watch venture bros much growing up. watching it now, halfway through season 6. man this show is so goddamn good

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Blush. (Apple+).

The short film is written and directed by Joe Mateo, a 25-year Disney veteran. By Skydance Animation which is headed by John Lasseter.

Beautiful. 10/10.

If you didn’t know Disney been losing it’s top talent to Skydance and many went back to work for John Lasseter. You can already see the Pixar animation And quality writing.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

TBF Lasseter got #MeToo'ed and Disney/Pixar got caught in a catch-22 that they let him go. So it isn't as much as Pixar hemorrhaging talent but circumstance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag