+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Captain America 4: The New World Order (May 3, 2024)

'Captain America 4' in the Works With 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier' Showrunner Malcolm Spellman

The head writer and creator of Disney+ and Marvel's The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is developing a fourth installment of the Captain America film franchise for Marvel Studios. Spellman will co-write the script with Dalan Musson, a staff writer on Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

No castings for the project are officially known
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...lman-exclusive

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Marvel is making fast food combo films now. Sadly this started with Ant-man and the Wasp, and WandaVison. Its very similar to downsizing and restructuring. Once the next Phase is announced they will have several combo movies. I look forward to watching this film I just wish they had been given their own film or even made for tv (disney can do it, they choose not to lol) Looking back at Captain America: Civil War you can see that they were already splitting characters into groups(I don't mean the obvious TeamCap, TeamIron). Avengers Infinity war/Endgame solidified this. WandaVision , Falcon and Winter Soldier, Ant-Man/Wasp, Thor/Guardians, and several other combo's that might actually be theorized in the next phase. Fingers crossed for a stand alone Valkyrie film. The fight scene in Endgame was good but the Pegasus was better. If only RDJ had asked for a Pegasus.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Except Ant-Man & the Wasp and Scarlet Witch & the Vision are classic pairings from the comics. Falcon & Winter Soldier is a little more of a stretch but both were Cap's partner at different points and it ends with Captain America & Bucky, another classic pairing.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimmbo.Asura View Post
    Marvel is making fast food combo films now. Sadly this started with Ant-man and the Wasp, and WandaVison. Its very similar to downsizing and restructuring. Once the next Phase is announced they will have several combo movies. I look forward to watching this film I just wish they had been given their own film or even made for tv (disney can do it, they choose not to lol) Looking back at Captain America: Civil War you can see that they were already splitting characters into groups(I don't mean the obvious TeamCap, TeamIron). Avengers Infinity war/Endgame solidified this. WandaVision , Falcon and Winter Soldier, Ant-Man/Wasp, Thor/Guardians, and several other combo's that might actually be theorized in the next phase. Fingers crossed for a stand alone Valkyrie film. The fight scene in Endgame was good but the Pegasus was better. If only RDJ had asked for a Pegasus.
    Ant Man and the Wasp were always a team. It's not like they brought in Thor or Cap. Hulk being in Ragnarok was the only way we could get Planet Hulk due to Hulk solo film rights being tied to Universal. You had fifty plus characters in Infinity War/Endgame. Splitting the Avengers up in groups was the right idea so characters can all have something to do and not crowd the film/overwhelm the audience. We haven't even seen Thor 4 yet but I don't expect the Guardians to have much of a presence since it seems they'll focus on Thor, Jane and Valkyrie.

The main complaint I see about these movies is that no other Avengers show up in solo films to help out. Now we're getting films with cameos and some team up movies and people still bitch lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

WHY DON'T ANY OTHER HEROES SHOW UP
    *combo movies*
    GRRR TOO MANY HEROES SHOWING UP

If only they would just go back the the original comic books where its only one hero in a specific comic .... oh wait.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Ant Man and the Wasp were always a team. It's not like they brought in Thor or Cap. Hulk being in Ragnarok was the only way we could get Planet Hulk due to Hulk solo film rights being tied to Universal. You had fifty plus characters in Infinity War/Endgame. Splitting the Avengers up in groups was the right idea so characters can all have something to do and not crowd the film/overwhelm the audience. We haven't even seen Thor 4 yet but I don't expect the Guardians to have much of a presence since it seems they'll focus on Thor, Jane and Valkyrie.

The main complaint I see about these movies is that no other Avengers show up in solo films to help out. Now we're getting films with cameos and some team up movies and people still bitch lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Oh good you read the comics lol I heard that planet hulk would have been silly expensive so they decided to go with sprinklings of the hulk through out the phases. I agree antman wasp have always been a team, so when they announced phase 1 thats the first person i was looking for and nothing, no antman for a hot minute. Overwhelming the audience is what Warner Brothers said about Batman v Superman when asked about the the roster for Captain America:Civil War. I thought to myself whatever but looking back it makes sense for people that dont have the energy or time to sit through all the phases. Thor 4. . . I don't think so I don't know why but i think we might see thor as part of guardians film at least for whatever they have lined up. I think the guardians are OK and not great. I just say this because ive watch the first guardian movie 10-12? times. the second one ive seen a total of idk 300-400 bits and pieces? I cant sit through it even though i like kurt russel >< after the first guardians film every appearance reminded me of the redundancy that is OnePiece I don't know what happened to rocket after the first film writing wise but the jokes slowly became more meh and watered down. Thor needs a stand alone, Valkyrie needs a stand alone, Jane needs to get repped by anyone. Thor the Dark World I liked, even downloaded the OST. But the way the covered up Kat Dennings just to not steal the show from Natalie Portman is retarded. The whole film shes covered up liek a homeless person with multiple layers. As far as bitching YES, I'm bitching about the small stuff. Thor ragnarok . . . WORST editing of the entire franchise up to date.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    WHY DON'T ANY OTHER HEROES SHOW UP
    *combo movies*
    GRRR TOO MANY HEROES SHOWING UP
    GRRR The transformation of Falcon to Captain America would have been nice. Or the blah blah blah of winter soldier to Cap. The guardians are already the guardians, why jam thor in there? just to say "hey, lets put them together and see what happens" the combo movies as i put it seems like a cheap way to just put out films. I mean look at the Gilmore Girls injection they shot into the dynamic between spiderman and iron man, they never shut up its just back and forth banter, the straw broke when spiderman came back and first thing out of his mouth was a page worth of script (IIRC its 1minute = 1page roughly) Sadly that same dynamic was attempted in Justice League with Batman and Flash, the whole brunch thing, you can just see ben afleck watch ezra miller try to sound quirky and off tilt so they just keep him talking about nonsense, batman doesnt speak nonsense or banter so instead we got the Flash "the quirky one" Went off for a second but i dont like that some are just gong to wind up being in a meh film when the time comes. So now that Iron Man is dead, I can almost guarantee that they will pair spiderman with a marvel charter that wont shut up Iron Man and spiderman had dynamic which had to created because they were being placed together. Marvel is going to force feed us a talker and it wont be deadpool.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Found this because i had no idea that the entire phase was up on Wiki
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor:_Love_and_Thunder
    Guardians

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Marvel is going to force feed us a talker and it wont be deadpool.
    You must be new to Marvel.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Am I the only one who would love some Ryan Reynolds + Tom Holland scenes on the regular?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

GRRR The transformation of Falcon to Captain America would have been nice. Or the blah blah blah of winter soldier to Cap. The guardians are already the guardians, why jam thor in there? just to say "hey, lets put them together and see what happens" the combo movies as i put it seems like a cheap way to just put out films. I mean look at the Gilmore Girls injection they shot into the dynamic between spiderman and iron man, they never shut up its just back and forth banter, the straw broke when spiderman came back and first thing out of his mouth was a page worth of script (IIRC its 1minute = 1page roughly) Sadly that same dynamic was attempted in Justice League with Batman and Flash, the whole brunch thing, you can just see ben afleck watch ezra miller try to sound quirky and off tilt so they just keep him talking about nonsense, batman doesnt speak nonsense or banter so instead we got the Flash "the quirky one" Went off for a second but i dont like that some are just gong to wind up being in a meh film when the time comes. So now that Iron Man is dead, I can almost guarantee that they will pair spiderman with a marvel charter that wont shut up Iron Man and spiderman had dynamic which had to created because they were being placed together. Marvel is going to force feed us a talker and it wont be deadpool.
    What?

Just.... What?

They liked Dark World, Nuff said.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

lmao a new challenger appears

Fastest I've ever put someone on ignore lol

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

What do you expect from someone who plays on Asura lol

We sure that’s not a bot?

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    We sure that’s not a bot?
    Would make the most sense honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Would make the most sense honestly
    I'm pretty sure bots these days are smart enough to not spell "Yojimbo" with 2 m's.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Boom, roasted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size