+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

She interviewed some dudes from a Flat Earth discord yesterday and dear god that was pretty fucking hilarious and eye opening. Her way of trolling and acting ignorant was too good.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I generally don’t like VTubers but Code Miko is hilarious
    You misspelled Firetruck.

I generally don’t like VTubers but Code Miko is hilarious
    She did a stream where she interviewed a bunch of small streamers a week or two ago, and Jesse Cox managed to worm his way on. It's the only Miko content I've seen, but it was absolutely hilarious. Only caught it because Jesse tweeted he was going to be on, didn't catch the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Stilzkin View Post
    Doesn't Hasanabi complain about rich people in his videos and critique their extravagant lives?

Didn't he also face drama for under paying the people he works with?
    People with 50-80million dollar custom homes who shit on gold toilets made from the bones of the poor, yeah. I don't know, I come from DC area where there are tons of 1-5million buckeroo houses all over the place. Housing market sucks dick but is what it is. Also he's very vocal about taxing people way more

Think that was some TYT stuff, no Hasan. I know his uncle has had some bullshit before but he calls him out on it from what i've seen.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Alinity says she is moving to Austin, Texas primarily for the taxes. Feels like a lot of the bigger name (super rich) streamers are moving there for the tax breaks. A lot of YouTubers have been making similar moves with Texas, Florida, and Puerto Rico being the primary destination choices.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Alinity says she is moving to Austin, Texas primarily for the taxes.
    Have housing/rent prices gone down with the lack of SXSW? I would think that that would still be an expensive city to live in.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

My house in Austin was bigger and cheaper than my house in Gainesville. That may have changed in the past decade, but it was pretty reasonable back then.

BG Level

Austin is moderately expensive, especially for Texas where real estate is cheap as hell, but no state tax is huge. CA's highest bracket bops at 13.3%, these cats would save tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands going from a high-tax state/province to a no-tax one.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I think the big states/localities for streamers are:

1) Austin
    2) Los Angeles
    3) Las Vegas
    4) Florida
    5) Honorable Mention for North Carolina but I know that's more of a YouTube hub. Has good internet.

1, 3, and 4 are taxes. 2 is entertainment industry access.

SF/Bay area used to be a hub, but taxes and cost of living obviously made living there an easy choice to exit.

Did she say it was actually for the taxes? She recently went there and stayed with a bunch of people and loved it (I only know cause I watch Mizkif from time to time). That may be A reason, but not sure it's THE reason.

BG Level

Everyone moved there initially for the taxes. Subsequently, networking happens.

Yeah, I know Mizkif did for that reason.

From what I saw on Miz's stream, though, Alinity became friends with Miz through stream(she did like a "get to know me" thing on his stream) and then he invited her to stay there. She ended up staying for a month because she met a bunch of other people in Miz's circle that she liked (and met up with friends of her own I think). Miz asked her a few times if she was going to move there (him bringing up taxes as one good reason of course), and I think she said she didn't care about the money part, but I could be remembering wrong.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'm kinda jealous of her. Housing where I live has been bubbling for the last 13 years or so and I don't see a burst happening soon.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So slightly related to Twitch, Chaterbate is now allowing streamers on their site to stream pre-approved adult games like twitch.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    Did she say it was actually for the taxes? She recently went there and stayed with a bunch of people and loved it (I only know cause I watch Mizkif from time to time). That may be A reason, but not sure it's THE reason.
    On her stream today she said taxes were the main reason but she said she also wants to be close to all the new friends she met in Texas, and also it being much easier trip for when she travels home to visit family in Colombia.

BG Level

Plus escaping Canada before winter sets in is probably a bonus.

In other news.... https://twitter.com/zachbussey/statu...59593503150088

Pay your way to discoverability and exposure!

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I'm not seeing the problem. isn't it just paying of an ad essentially?

On her stream today she said taxes were the main reason but she said she also wants to be close to all the new friends she met in Texas, and also it being much easier trip for when she travels home to visit family in Colombia.
    Ahh ok. Makes sense.

Well, that's good cause she seemed pretty cool any time she was on Miz's stream and was pretty entertaining when paired with him

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    Austin is moderately expensive, especially for Texas where real estate is cheap as hell, but no state tax is huge. CA's highest bracket bops at 13.3%, these cats would save tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands going from a high-tax state/province to a no-tax one.
    All those taxes just get shifted to property taxes.

BG Level

buy your house in Cali work in Texas boom gamed the system

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag