+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    I'm not seeing the problem. isn't it just paying of an ad essentially?
    Discoverability is the largest obstacle for affiliates and smaller partners. Allegedly this Boost will only get you higher on the recommended channels. The boosts may bump up the streams on the "Recommended for You" tab and on the front page landing. But I sort by Hi->Lo viewers so I will dodge that completely. And my bookmark is on Twitch.tv/directory so I already dodge the front page by default.

A lot of the old time streamers see this as a trap for the affiliates/new partners. Pay for the exposure, but then get trapped on the treadmill where paying for exposure is the only way to garner views. And Amazon gets bits and ad money without much work.

Re: discoverability - https://twitter.com/negaoryx/status/1443692439215108120

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Her analogy is flawed. Presuming the back-end algorithm does some sort of user learning, logging in with an anonymous account with nothing to base recommended views on should default to the most popular / lively / historically active channels. I opened twitch incognito and I got almost the same list. Does she really expect Twitch to recommend dead empty channels to a new user? "Well this is fucking trash, I'm going back to youtube".

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I get where that complaint is coming from but I don't know what can be done about discoverability since the whole thing is such a huge viewer market. Right now I went into diablo 2 and I can scroll forever and ever and there's tons of fucking ~10 viewer streamers so who gets lucky and gets showcased? I think it's easy to blame twitch for not doing enough but I don't think it's completely fair. I say that as someone who is trying to get somewhere on twitch lol I also don't think someone like Hasan who gets 30k consistent views should be in the recommended tab lol top of the game he's playing, sure. but does he really need to be recommended?

and finally when I see people like that make twitter posts, my brain instantly thinks "well, what are YOU doin to help small streamers?" hopefully she raids or hosts small channels after her streams.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I laugh at the Botez sisters. Play chess all day in Just Chatting because of better discoverability in a higher traffic stream category

Yeah I don't get it, if you're not logged in they have no data to go off of. That's like saying TikTok isn't accurately profiling you if you don't have an account on it....duh? Have to agree with Nynja, showing smaller channels can help get them exposure but you run the risk of just showing a user your platform has nothing going on and getting them to swap off before they're hooked

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Yeah I don't get it, if you're not logged in they have no data to go off of.
    Not true. They still have your IP and browser info. A match can still be made fairly easily.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This is why you still see some of the same type of content after deleting your YouTube search and viewed history. They are always watching.

BG Level

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Literally all their IP as well as Amazon's Steam clone.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I went to change my password and everything I tried putting is "too easy to guess". If someone wants my 0 follower account that I havent used in 2 yrs, they can have it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

That's a biggie.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

The data leak also has twitch earnings. Shit is nuts lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

honestly suprised CriticalRole was on top of the earnings, I mean it’s has great content but I’m suprised so many people are that into D&D :O

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Any non 4chan place to see the earnings? Always been curious but I'm sure as shit not going to that cesspool, especially at work.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Someone put up a site.

https://www.twitchearnings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Any non 4chan place to see the earnings? Always been curious but I'm sure as shit not going to that cesspool, especially at work.
    https://twitter.com/KnowS0mething

Looks like they're posting some stuff

https://twitter.com/KnowS0mething/st...63228831297545

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

surprising some of the folks that are way up there, paymoneywubby been making bank didnt think he was quite that popular

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Thanks. Now I wonder if the leak has the cause of Dr. Disrespect's ban lol

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    surprising some of the folks that are way up there, paymoneywubby been making bank didnt think he was quite that popular
    Only watched a bit of his stuff on Youtube but yeah he's pretty popular I think. Has a lot of events he does and weird random streams from what i've seen. I only really watch Hasan on Twitch and even then barely, usually just Youtube clips since full on streams never really hold my attention.

I'd have thought Asmongold would have been a bit higher up

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Got to look into this after work. Curious how much DSP made before Twitch yeeted his ass.

Though yeah. I should see what my deactivated account password was before someone cracks the encryption just to be safe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag