+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I didn't realize our man of FFXI fame Naoshi Mizuta is one of the composers for this. He hasn't done much lately for SE outside of recent FFXI tracks and that Prompto DLC for XV.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sinatra in a FF trailer? I've seen it all now

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And only one mention of Chaos.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Significantly less 13 year old edgelording in this trailer. I mean I’m sure it’s still in the game but that trailer was really selling the game to me.

I still have no clue what is going on

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

We're going to kill Chaos

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm conflicted. I really, truly think this is a wonderful and refreshing concept for a new take on the FF story and the retconning of this villain into something interesting. I just wish someone better than Nomura thought of it.

Garland was good? An ordinary guy, "Jack"? He set out to defeat Chaos, he and his comrades become the legendary Warriors of Light, they vanquish the Four Fiends, and save Sara. He even falls in love. How was he corrupted? The desire to defeat Chaos isn't virtuous, but more like a carnal hunger? What went wrong? What started the time loop? How does he come to discover he's been a pawn in this cycle countless times? Has he become the villain every time around? How many Jacks has he knocked down personally? Has he always been fighting himself? etc.

It's a bunch of really awesome ideas to play with, and the most enticed I've been by a Nojima plot since FF10's. And to that end, I'm glad that after the initial concept pitch and designing the characters, Nomura's not directing or writing, but taking a peripheral production role with his CGI studio and "letting" some of the young talent and Team Ninja folks steer (while he helms FF7R-2 I guess).

Music is by Mizuta, which is A+. It's a bloody M rating with Team Ninja's best animators behind it. To me, this sounds like a winning recipe. But if there's one thing SE has become reliable for over the last 15 years, it's completely fucking up good ideas, so I guess let's see how they do it this time. Shoehorning Sinatra into this trailer was already a step back toward cringe, so meh. I want to raise my expectations but I know they'll be dashed.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Satasha legit in this video

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You've got assets. Reuse them!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    I'm conflicted. I really, truly think this is a wonderful and refreshing concept for a new take on the FF story and the retconning of this villain into something interesting. I just wish someone better than Nomura thought of it.

Garland was good? An ordinary guy, "Jack"? He set out to defeat Chaos, he and his comrades become the legendary Warriors of Light, they vanquish the Four Fiends, and save Sara. He even falls in love. How was he corrupted? The desire to defeat Chaos isn't virtuous, but more like a carnal hunger? What went wrong? What started the time loop? How does he come to discover he's been a pawn in this cycle countless times? Has he become the villain every time around? How many Jacks has he knocked down personally? Has he always been fighting himself? etc.

It's a bunch of really awesome ideas to play with, and the most enticed I've been by a Nojima plot since FF10's. And to that end, I'm glad that after the initial concept pitch and designing the characters, Nomura's not directing or writing, but taking a peripheral production role with his CGI studio and "letting" some of the young talent and Team Ninja folks steer (while he helms FF7R-2 I guess).

Music is by Mizuta, which is A+. It's a bloody M rating with Team Ninja's best animators behind it. To me, this sounds like a winning recipe. But if there's one thing SE has become reliable for over the last 15 years, it's completely fucking up good ideas, so I guess let's see how they do it this time. Shoehorning Sinatra into this trailer was already a step back toward cringe, so meh. I want to raise my expectations but I know they'll be dashed.
    Garland being a “good guy” who loves the princess was also a plot point in Mobius FF do some degree if I recall, the mobile FF1 “retelling”, which is unfortunately now dead.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Satasha legit in this video
    Think I see Amdapor and Haukke in there too lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post

Underappreciated comment, A+

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Garland being a “good guy” who loves the princess was also a plot point in Mobius FF do some degree if I recall, the mobile FF1 “retelling”, which is unfortunately now dead.
    Yeah in that game the "jack" wol was in a constant loop of becoming garland and then into chaos. However when we play it, it is the final loop because the wol does things different to the prophecy that has always been happening. The story in that had actual "blanks" aka people who belived they were the wol in order to protect princess sarah. When it was revealed there was a 3rd wheel involved causing the loops in the past gets discovered they eventually stop it and chaos for good.

WHERE IS MY SINGLE PLAYER MODE FOR MOBIUS, SE? YOU FUCKS. I bet they shut it down due to performance and being too similar to this game while it was in development.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Yeah in that game the "jack" wol was in a constant loop of becoming garland and then into chaos. However when we play it, it is the final loop because the wol does things different to the prophecy that has always been happening. The story in that had actual "blanks" aka people who belived they were the wol in order to protect princess sarah. When it was revealed there was a 3rd wheel involved causing the loops in the past gets discovered they eventually stop it and chaos for good.

WHERE IS MY SINGLE PLAYER MODE FOR MOBIUS, SE? YOU FUCKS. I bet they shut it down due to performance and being too similar to this game while it was in development.
    Yah, I beat all of Season 1 of Mobius but its been a long time lol, didnt get much into season 2 before they decided they were canning the whole damned game. Shit, that game was super fun, and I enjoyed the Multiplayer, and the hero skins... and the music... and the combat mechanics... sh*t it was for sure probably one of the top 10 Mobile games out that and I'd love if they rebalanced that shit as a non-Mobile game/single player experience.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You fuckers are making me miss Mobius hardcore.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

my only real memory of Mobius is tearing shit up with Lightning and ragnarok

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Digital Deluxe Edition - 72 Hours Early Access
    • Early access to the game and additional bonus items:
      • “Braveheart” weapon
      • “Lustrous” shield
      • “Rebellion” weapon
    • The Season Pass that gives you access to three major, action filled expansions
    • Digital Mini Soundtrack
    • Digital Artbook
    https://square-enix-games.com/sopffo/en-us/buy-now/

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Those bonus items are FFV, FFI and FFII items?
    At least that's what my Final Fantasy Record Keeper knowledge is telling me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag