+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I honestly found the later EMMI easier as you have more of your platforming toolkit at that point to just speed ahead of it. Any word if they were sped up at all on hard? I've yet to do my 2nd playthrough.

No, hard mode just makes mobs hit harder, that is it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Finished it just now in 16 hours 15 mins, 100% completion in all areas. Overall, as I previously said it was one of the best games I've played recently. I'll definitely see them next mission.

Only thing I disliked was that the game was too boss focused. Boss battles were rather fun but I found overall bestiary quite weak. Regular mobs were uninteresting and once you get a couple of energy upgrades you could probably simply run into all of them and still do just fine, they are just there to slow you down a bit and waiting to get jumped over.

Developers, probably realizing this came up with repeating Chozo soldier mini bosses for extra challenge.

I generally found EMMI's a good, fair challenge. Their one-shot mechanic never felt unfair as the checkpoints were almost always a minute or two before and tbh they were usually quite easy to deal with.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Watching this glitch fest of a Varia + Gravity suit skip route has been quite a treat. Use of camera locks, shine sinks, invulnerability glitches, and one odd glitch where Samus is pointing her gun outward towards the player.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Apparently quite a few bosses were cut from the final product. Nintendo wanted them out for some reason, so that's probably why we got so many Chozo statues as mid-bosses.

I was hoping for a good Gold Torizo fight near the end, but I guess the Red Chozo fit the bill, kinda.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Watching this glitch fest of a Varia + Gravity suit skip route has been quite a treat. Use of camera locks, shine sinks, invulnerability glitches, and one odd glitch where Samus is pointing her gun outward towards the player.
    Yeah, I watched a bit of Oats' stream last night and I was just like "excuse me?" during purple EMMI.

In the meantime, I'm over here remembering failing every trick from 2 weeks ago to the point where I'm like "you know what? Z57 is kinda fun anyway."

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Dread (Brutal) & Rookie (Easy) Modes Added
    In the brutal Dread Mode difficulty, all it takes is one hit to cause a game over. Are you ready for the challenge?

For players new to the series, Rookie Mode allows for increased recovery and less damage from bosses. The free update is available now!

Additionally, look forward to a second free update arriving in April, which will add Boss Rush mode, where you can take on bosses continuously, one at a time until you’re defeated!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Brutal mode sounds brutal but actually a good challenge for the true masters of the game. Dread means it when it says "no attack is unavoidable" and despite some frustrating moments at times I never felt it was cheap or unfair.

Tremendous boss design.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8