+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strange issue, need help!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Strange issue, need help!

Hey everyone. I don't even know how to google search for this issue because I don't even know what to call it. It's probably been a noticeable issue for a week maybe but I just recently confirmed what's actually happening. I just don't know how!

If I go to 'my pictures' lets say (basically a folder which a bunch of images in it) then click to open one (using Microsoft photos for example), as soon as the image pops up, they instantly begin to cycle through all the images in that folder until they reach image #1. I thought maybe my left arrow key was stuck, but I tested with a key press program and then I even unplugged the keyboard and opened a photo. Same issue. Then I thought maybe its mouse related, so I put in a different mouse but no change. There's no noticeable issue when I play games or browse the web, but clearly something is wrong.

Here's the problem in a video format but just using the settings tab to illustrate. I have to press and hold the right arrow key to move the selection and as soon as I let go it instantly goes back to the bottom left choice.

(EDIT) I can also notice this issue if i play a video. the bottom right icon (volume) is always highlighted. I have to rapidly double tap the play button to get it to play, or likewise, to pause.

Wtf is this problem even called? Any ideas on what's causing this? A setting? Did I somehow miss test my keyboard and mouse for issues?? I'm at a loss

I've never seen that myself but only other things I could thing of to troubleshoot through is:

Do you have a controller of some type connected that might be causing issues?

Is there a bluetooth device connecting and sending weird signals?

Touchscreen / touchpad having a weird interaction?