+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I feel like this dude is going to have an amazing one or two episodes before being eliminated lol.
    He definitely looks like a character hahaha

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level

I didn't have Devin joining the Big Brother Alliance on my bingo card.

Good move giving these people dossiers on the Americans, because out of 14 (?) rookies, only a few really seemed to have an idea what's going on there. Them asking Kyle for advice is hilarious because he's just as likely to troll them as he is to give them actual help. Likewise, my guy Corey asking Tori to tell him everything he needs to know about The Challenge. Dude, ask anybody else.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Nelson "Kongming" Thomas, the Great Strategist, when asked what's up with he and Fessy:

"I have a lot of hate in my heart and a BURNING DESIRE FOR REVENGE"

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    I didn't have Devin joining the Big Brother Alliance on my bingo card.

Good move giving these people dossiers on the Americans, because out of 14 (?) rookies, only a few really seemed to have an idea what's going on there. Them asking Kyle for advice is hilarious because he's just as likely to troll them as he is to give them actual help. Likewise, my guy Corey asking Tori to tell him everything he needs to know about The Challenge. Dude, ask anybody else.
    Yep, loving the dossiers and "pick your partner" angle

Looks like casting did an amazing job with the international cast, love the diversity

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok, this Global Activation show was definitely worth a watch.

Thoughts:
    Spoiler: show
    Corey in the Lavender Ladies is a fit.
    That is the most cleavage Aneesa has ever shown, which is saying something.
    "About that whole Big Brother sucks thing..." - Devin still funny
    Kaycee with a joke. Holy shit.
    Everyone is in a car with 3 people except Kaycee and Nany. Stirring the pot already, producers.
    That's a nice house. After Iceland and the Bunker, that's a big step up.
    CT is looking positively svelte.
    Wait, Cribs is back? But that's where the magic happens! And we get to see TJ's house? I'm almost tempted to watch.
    Amanda still gonna be Amanda.
    Fessy going through Ramadan is an interesting complication.
    Warsaw doesn't have a shore...it's well inland.
    Bettina's laugh is going to be heard a lot. At least she's not ashamed of it.
    I do imagine Love Island players have to be a little intimidated by Survivor players and people that did crazy shit.
    There's going to be a lot of competition for confessional cleavage awards this year.
    Kyle's been on the show 7 seasons in a row, but he still feels new to me.
    We have an acrobat? Oh my.
    Kyle's gonna be a Dad? I'm surprised, but also surprised it hasn't happened sooner.
    I can't tell if Gabo is self-aware and just playing ignorance, or genuinely confused.
    Pretty sure Kyle (and maybe Nam?) are going to point the other guys at partners who they don't want.
    I want to know what Dutch sex counselors do. And are they hiring?
    Amber B showing up a lot in the extended preview here for someone who isn't even in the game yet.
    I'm pumped for the season, looking forward to it.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Ok, this Global Activation show was definitely worth a watch.

Thoughts:
    Corey in the Lavender Ladies is a fit.
    That is the most cleavage Aneesa has ever shown, which is saying something.
    "About that whole Big Brother sucks thing..." - Devin still funny
    Kaycee with a joke. Holy shit.
    Everyone is in a car with 3 people except Kaycee and Nany. Stirring the pot already, producers.
    That's a nice house. After Iceland and the Bunker, that's a big step up.
    CT is looking positively svelte.
    Wait, Cribs is back? But that's where the magic happens! And we get to see TJ's house? I'm almost tempted to watch.
    Amanda still gonna be Amanda.
    Fessy going through Ramadan is an interesting complication.
    Warsaw doesn't have a shore...it's well inland.
    Bettina's laugh is going to be heard a lot. At least she's not ashamed of it.
    I do imagine Love Island players have to be a little intimidated by Survivor players and people that did crazy shit.
    There's going to be a lot of competition for confessional cleavage awards this year.
    Kyle's been on the show 7 seasons in a row, but he still feels new to me.
    We have an acrobat? Oh my.
    Kyle's gonna be a Dad? I'm surprised, but also surprised it hasn't happened sooner.
    I can't tell if Gabo is self-aware and just playing ignorance, or genuinely confused.
    Pretty sure Kyle (and maybe Nam?) are going to point the other guys at partners who they don't want.
    I want to know what Dutch sex counselors do. And are they hiring?
    Amber B showing up a lot in the extended preview here for someone who isn't even in the game yet.
    I'm pumped for the season, looking forward to it.
    Kyle and to a lesser extent Nam was absolutely trying to steer everyone in the wrong direction for partners. That shit was hilarious lol.

CT looking the fittest he’s been in awhile.

Michele is going to be interesting as hell how she navigates the game. Loved her on Survivor.

Gabo comes across as someone who peaked in high school in his small little bubble fuck town and is completely ignorant of the world. Dude is in for a rude awakening.

Also looking forward to how the gymnast/acrobat chick does. Don’t think there’s ever been someone with that skill set which should be crazy useful for challenges.

BG Level

Great premiere, but holy crap did my eyes bug out when I could have been down to 4 freaking people in the house after a single episode.

Didn't get to wrap my head around most of the teams so far. Might have to give a rewatch this weekend. Kyle carrying the chain while he leaves the safe for Amanda is peak Kyle. Nelson screaming at the safe while it beeps because he didn't understand how to do it and is locked out is peak Nelson. Ashley having a total meltdown and finishing last, yeah.

See MTV? It isn't hard if you go to somewhere where the weather doesn't suck. Even though Kaycee/Nany's a pre-existing thing, there was like more coupling going on this single episode than like any of the recent seasons. Esther seeing the drama and asking "Why did I pick Messy Fessy?"

Michaela with a goddamn list. That's a risky move for someone like Laurel to try, let alone a rookie, especially someone who's already got eyes on her. The Survivor crew being super quick to throw each other under the bus was actually kind of impressive, though it remains to be seen if that was just dealing with a combustible situation. The concept of some big plot to get out TORI of all people is laughable. I don't know where she'd rank overall out of the ladies, but just from the veterans I'd think she's closer to Nany than the clear top 3. The deliberation chamber was the sort of Challenge silliness that I'd hope for. Not a category, but Logan wins best deliberation attire.

The Lair, a good looking elimination arena. The twist, I'm iffy on. It's a great twist. As a normal format, I'm thankful as someone who spent his first pick on Ashley, but it's very likely to be exploitable and fast. What I've wanted for a long time was just the two teams sent in, but then have them do eliminations individually, and the two winners are the team going forward. Kind of did that a couple years ago, but ended up with same team (Kyle/Mattie) anyway.

Aneesa, who will always talks about being supportive of representation and all that... kicks off the season by sending the only gay black man into elimination despite him doing nothing wrong. Logan voting Michele at least makes some sense since she's possibly involved in this and he doesn't want to vote Emy, but idk. Aneesa sucks. Corey picking her "best friend" as his new partner is certainly a choice.

Nam can't catch a break with this show, can he? I think Byrd watched The Circle. What's Ed's story? I tried watching that when it was brought up here, but I made it like 15 minutes and don't really remember anything other than the show's concept.

Random thought: Nany and Gabo is such a terrible team, lmao. They're not threatening enough to be targeted and not strong enough individually to want to peel someone away. May they be a disaster forever for many many episodes.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    Aneesa, who will always talks about being supportive of representation and all that... kicks off the season by sending the only gay black man into elimination despite him doing nothing wrong.
    I think she was expecting Logan to follow her lead and vote in Corey's partner, Emy.

Nam can't catch a break with this show, can he? I think Byrd watched The Circle. What's Ed's story?
    I did not watch The Circle. I once watched a movie called Circle (not the Emma Watson one), which was pretty solid, but not what you're looking for.

Moss, I assume you want to pick up Ed since you lost Nam for no reasons? You can also hold on to that first pick if you want, although I don't see why you would want to.

Random thought: Nany and Gabo is such a terrible team, lmao. They're not threatening enough to be targeted and not strong enough individually to want to peel someone away. May they be a disaster forever for many many episodes.
    Oh yeah, they're going to be a beautiful disaster.

Thoughts:
    Fuck yeah, the Challenge is back.
    Nelson always quick to pick things up.
    Can we order up a Fessy vs Kelz Hall Brawl please?
    Kyle is an S-tier strategist.
    You might be a boxer, Hughie, but you swing a hammer like a make up artist.
    Gabo has his prioirities in the right place. "I just want a cute face."
    Esther with the early Confessional Cleavage lead.
    Big T and Tommy are going to be great strategists. Not so sure how good athletes they will be.
    Can we get a premiere episode moment as good as the shoe in Wes' face?
    Prediction: Hughie and Ashley are going to be the most dysfunctional team.
    I feel like this "You're Done" and cut to commerical is a red herring, and Ashley & Hughie will be OK.
    Sure enough.
    Gabo admitting he has Popcorn Muscles. That's some self-awareness.
    Tori also some good cleavage.
    Devin holding up underwear is a nice throwback to Monday's show.
    We still haven't even seen Lauren. Is she getting edited out like Eddie did a couple of years ago?
    I really enjoyed Michele on Survivor, she seems as much fun here.
    Amanda with the foreshadowing: "We know Ashley loses her shit when she catches feelings."
    More coitus points in the first half of the first episode than all of last season.
    Never write anything down, Survivor folks. Just because you have paper now doesn't mean you use it.
    Michela's list shows me that Josh and Lauren are partners. We've never seen that team.
    There are some good fireworks at this deliberation.
    I like this new tablet voting simultaneously format.
    Now I see why Aneesa was swearing when she found out she had to pick people in the Agency.
    Why do they need to change the Agency/Tribunal/Council term ever season? Same with elimination arena?
    Did Corey L say much during deliberation? I don't remember him being a problem.
    Uncensored middle fingers, good job.
    Oh, this elimination looks fun.
    Corey has a big size advantage.
    Disappointed I drafted Renan over Corey L.
    Emy brings the drama, but she is the type of player I hate.
    Nam out? Presumably COVID?
    Devin? Really? Apparently that striptease really worked.
    Great first episode.

Standings After One Episode:
    Headspace 85 7
    Xno Kappa 70 6
    Vil 65 6
    Byrd 50 6
    Moss 30 6

Scoring Notes:
    Aneesa and Logan win challenge (10)
    TJ tells Aneesa and Logan they're killing it (20)
    Ashley and Nelson making out (5)
    Kaycee and Nany making out (10)
    Amanda and Fessy making out (5)
    Fessy and Nelson shouting at each other (5)
    Michele & Corey win elimination (15)
    Esther wins confessional cleavage (5)

Challenger Scoring to Date:

Aneesa 35
    Logan 35
    Corey 20
    Michele 20
    Fessy 15
    Kaycee 15
    Nany 15
    Nelson 15
    Amanda 10
    Ashley 10
    Esther 10
    Berna 5
    Bettina 5
    Big T 5
    Cory 5
    CT 5
    Devin 5
    Emanuel 5
    Emy 5
    Gabo 5
    Hughie 5
    Jeremiah 5
    Josh 5
    Kelz 5
    Kyle 5
    Lauren 5
    Priscilla 5
    Tacha 5
    Tommy 5
    Tori 5
    Tracy 5
    Amber 0
    Ed 0
    Michela 0
    Nam 0
    Renan 0

And what is going on with Lauren? We haven't seen her in any capacity. I think she's getting the Eddie treatment, maybe she leaves shortly and gets replaced with Amber B.

BG Level

Logan told her he didn't want to vote Emy, so the idea of just putting the one team in doesn't mean much to me anyway. She prefaced her votes talking about the Michaela/Survivor drama, so then... just send in Tommy & Michele then. Maybe there's just a bunch of missing pieces.

At this point, I'm not sure how I feel about Emy. The chaotic energy that she brings is a good thing right now, but I'll wait a couple weeks for her and to see how I feel about things this past episode.

Now that you mention it, I remember you posting about that movie. Maybe I just happened to see the show on a recommendation/new releases whenever that was. I figured "maybe it'll be sort of like Solitary" but the only thing that they really seemed to have in common was the people all being in isolation from one another.

Why do they need to change the Agency/Tribunal/Council term ever season? Same with elimination arena?
    Look, I agree with you about the names in general. However, my head canon is also that these are TJ's own ideas for names of things and nobody cares enough to tell him no. "The Agency" is pretty low effort, Teej! Dude's off to a good start with a Ferrari and motorcycle for his superfluous personal vehicle tally.

My first instincts were that this format is maybe ok to throw in as an actual twist, or one of many options, but there's a lot of ways that this could turn into a broken format fast. Agency sending in a top contender with the worst option for a partner? It's like people getting screwed by a bad swap on Survivor, but worse.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    My first instincts were that this format is maybe ok to throw in as an actual twist, or one of many options, but there's a lot of ways that this could turn into a broken format fast. Agency sending in a top contender with the worst option for a partner? It's like people getting screwed by a bad swap on Survivor, but worse.
    I could absolutely see this happening. If the Agency sees a Hall Brawl, time to throw in CT and Big T. CT isn't going to lose (most likely), but Big T will, and if they're a team, there's a 50% chance that Big T will have the tie-breaking round.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Challenge 37: Spies, Lies and Allies (Aug 11, 2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I could absolutely see this happening. If the Agency sees a Hall Brawl, time to throw in CT and Big T. CT isn't going to lose (most likely), but Big T will, and if they're a team, there's a 50% chance that Big T will have the tie-breaking round.
    Hopefully they allow the team to choose who goes for the tie breaker or else this is going to get dumb real quick.

We’re probably going to see a few thrown games too.

BG Level

I don't think giving either team a choice is a great idea, and flipping a coin is kind of lame. They should do what they did for that pseudo pole-wrestle daily that CT threw because he knew that Big T wouldn't win, and the spinoff did with the tug of war. Both people on the team win, or it goes to the next round. Oh, terrible idea for Hall Brawl? Hall Brawl is a trash idea anyway. Ultimately, I hope that they manage to stick with things that are some sort of teamwork/coordination with partners with different roles.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Not gonna be able to watch the first two weeks but four people sent home in the first episode?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Not gonna be able to watch the first two weeks but four people sent home in the first episode?
    Just three people. Lost two to elimination and one to (presumably) COVID.

GATTACA!

BG Level

WHY NAM WHY

Yes I'll take this guy Ed that the shows acts like I should already know for some reason "lol it's Ed!"

...who?

I'll withhold judgement on The Agency voting individuals twist but right now I don't see what it adds to the game.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thoughts:

Previously on the Challenge …. Is TJ? Well, that's no points.
    Ed comes from an Ivy League engineering background. So we have a lawyer and an engineer now? What, no doctor?
    MTV with some Nelson & Berna foreshadowing prior to Nelson & Ashley hooking up
    Kelz is huuuuge.
    Nany trying to put together a Vets alliance. Everyone drink.
    I am enjoying Esther. Maybe she'll be my new crush since Melissa and Averey aren't around.
    This little spy narrative is a little dumb, will be glad when this spy thing is gone.
    I feel like this is easier than it sounds based on the video clips shown.
    Tori got some good cleavage again. Also, she just started an Only Fans.
    Random explosions are TIGHT.
    Cory being the tosser is an interesting choice. I feel like catching seems tougher.
    Enjoying the show down shots where the chopper blades barely look like they are moving.
    "I really hate heights" - we haven't had anyone in the cast super afraid of heights in a while.
    At least Bettina knows her laugh is that whacko.
    This mission is very cinematographic, but it kind of sucks.
    First impression of Ed is that he's a great partner.
    They are actually showing the amount of gems colleced for each team, that's great.
    AmBer, welcome back to the Challenge, enjoy the Goof!
    Xno would get to pick a spot for Lauren leaving, but AmBer was drafted. He has first pick if anyone else comes back=, though.
    Josh is very excited about this. Although Big Brother alliance is already established.
    Devin with the great one-liner about Flashfoward to Ashley losing her mind.
    At least fessy called Amanda out on her Polidicking.
    And Devin's one-liner was amazing foreshadowing.
    Here comes Smashley!?
    "Ashley has a lot of power in this house because she is loud." -- brilliant insight by Berna
    Kelz calling out Josh well.
    Kelz really should have thrown out a name there.
    Fessy sending AmBer down there would be amazing.
    I really like Ed.
    Size doesn't seem like a big advantage here, Ed and Emy have a chance.
    A week ago, Kelz had Tori as a partner and was looking great. Now, not so much.
    This is actually a really good elimination.
    Devyn Simone being the host on Aftermath makes me actually think about watching it.
    Wait - is that Martha Stewart on Cribs? WTF. Kind of interested.
    What an easy puzzle.
    Devin has become a hot commodity here, which is weird.

Scoring:

Ashley and Nelson coitus points (20)
    Emy crying (5)
    Fessy and Esther win daily (10)
    Ashley crying because of Nelson (5)
    Kelz commish points for excoriating Josh (5)
    Emy crying again for a different reason (5)
    Ed and Emy win elimination (15)
    Tori wins confessional cleavage (5)

Challenger Scores to Date:
    Aneesa 40 HEAD
    Ashley 40 VIL
    Logan 40 XNO
    Nelson 40 HEAD
    Emy 35 MOSS
    Fessy 30 XNO
    Corey 25 VIL
    Esther 25 BYRD
    Michele 25 VIL
    Kaycee 20 HEAD
    Nany 20 BYRD
    Amanda 15 BYRD
    Ed 15 MOSS
    Tori 15 HEAD
    Berna 10 VIL
    Bettina 10 BYRD
    Big T 10 MOSS
    Cory 10 MOSS
    CT 10 BYRD
    Devin 10 HEAD
    Emanuel 10 XNO
    Gabo 10 HEAD
    Hughie 10 MOSS
    Jeremiah 10 XNO
    Josh 10 XNO
    Kelz 10 MOSS
    Kyle 10 VIL
    Priscilla 10 BYRD
    Tacha 10 VIL
    Tommy 10 MOSS
    Amber 5 VIL
    Lauren 5 XNO
    Tracy 5 HEAD
    Michela 0 XNO
    Nam 0 MOSS
    Renan 0 BYRD

Standings:
    Headspace 140 6
    Vil 125 7
    Moss 100 6
    Xno Kappa 90 5
    Byrd 90 6
    UFA 0 0

GATTACA!

BG Level

Ughhhhhh that's so depressing and not because he was on my fantasy team

Huge loss to the season to not have Kelz around

But you mentioned it Byrd, Kelz really fucked up by not throwing a name out. He should've called out Josh so the rookies would know where to aim their votes. I think there were plenty of players that aren't with the josh/Fessy alliance that would've gone that way

BG Level

I don't really agree. He seemed like he knew that he was going in no matter what. Sure, he got eliminated, so we can say now "what did he have to lose?" but making enemies in there could have given him an even worse matchup in there, or had he won, trouble when returning to the house. I'm not saying that people should just roll over and die, but I think it's a wake-up that they ought to start getting organized. Maybe I forgot/missed it, but there was 0 talk about anybody besides Kelz between the challenge and deliberation.

While people ought to be more brazen, there's likely a decent amount that are content playing the "partner game" rather than looking out for themselves/rookies in general, especially since individuals can be backdoored. It's just a big ask, expecting to get so many people on the same page and remember, this was several days after there was a load of drama/rookies throwing each other under the bus. I don't expect there to be a lot of universal trust.

But anyway, neat elimination, lame main challenge. That wasn't as bad as the "helicopter swim" last season, but considering they had a car for TJ's entrance (is this going to be a thing all season? Is it the same car or a new one?) and the obligatory superfluous explosions, the flash/substance ratio isn't far off from that one. A second episode where people were *gasp* having fun?

2 episodes down and 2 people gone that we very well may see again. Agent Ed seems like a good addition.

I should be happy about having a full team still, but what a mess it is outside of... Kyle. I have 3 out of 4 of the rookies that are on all-rookie teams, a girl teamed up with JOSH, and two girls fighting over Nelson. At least there's drama potential, but after the deliberation when Fessy and Esther were talking about who to throw in, dude just basically listed off nearly my whole team.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Josh is already calling him out, so what's the harm in saying he should be thrown in instead?

Then Fessy has to gamble throwing in Kelz against his friend

But yeah it's all hindsight, I'm just salty Kelz is gone because he's smart and a good foil for the BB alliance. They were smart to target him

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Josh is already calling him out, so what's the harm in saying he should be thrown in instead?

Then Fessy has to gamble throwing in Kelz against his friend

But yeah it's all hindsight, I'm just salty Kelz is gone because he's smart and a good foil for the BB alliance. They were smart to target him
    For sure. They were also smart to talk Josh into being the "point man" in coming after him, because then in the (fairly likely) event that Kelz comes back, he becomes Kelz' most likely target and not the rest of the alliance. Although I think Kelz would likely have seen right through that.

I definitely hope Kelz comes back. Same with Michaela. Don't care much about Tracy or Renan. Will be curious to see if they bring Nam back, and they're obviously not bringing Lauren back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast