+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Thoughts:
    Spoiler: show

Previously on the Challenge …. Is TJ? Well, that's no points.
    Ed comes from an Ivy League engineering background. So we have a lawyer and an engineer now? What, no doctor?
    MTV with some Nelson & Berna foreshadowing prior to Nelson & Ashley hooking up
    Kelz is huuuuge.
    Nany trying to put together a Vets alliance. Everyone drink.
    I am enjoying Esther. Maybe she'll be my new crush since Melissa and Averey aren't around.
    This little spy narrative is a little dumb, will be glad when this spy thing is gone.
    I feel like this is easier than it sounds based on the video clips shown.
    Tori got some good cleavage again. Also, she just started an Only Fans.
    Random explosions are TIGHT.
    Cory being the tosser is an interesting choice. I feel like catching seems tougher.
    Enjoying the show down shots where the chopper blades barely look like they are moving.
    "I really hate heights" - we haven't had anyone in the cast super afraid of heights in a while.
    At least Bettina knows her laugh is that whacko.
    This mission is very cinematographic, but it kind of sucks.
    First impression of Ed is that he's a great partner.
    They are actually showing the amount of gems colleced for each team, that's great.
    AmBer, welcome back to the Challenge, enjoy the Goof!
    Xno would get to pick a spot for Lauren leaving, but AmBer was drafted. He has first pick if anyone else comes back=, though.
    Josh is very excited about this. Although Big Brother alliance is already established.
    Devin with the great one-liner about Flashfoward to Ashley losing her mind.
    At least fessy called Amanda out on her Polidicking.
    And Devin's one-liner was amazing foreshadowing.
    Here comes Smashley!?
    "Ashley has a lot of power in this house because she is loud." -- brilliant insight by Berna
    Kelz calling out Josh well.
    Kelz really should have thrown out a name there.
    Fessy sending AmBer down there would be amazing.
    I really like Ed.
    Size doesn't seem like a big advantage here, Ed and Emy have a chance.
    A week ago, Kelz had Tori as a partner and was looking great. Now, not so much.
    This is actually a really good elimination.
    Devyn Simone being the host on Aftermath makes me actually think about watching it.
    Wait - is that Martha Stewart on Cribs? WTF. Kind of interested.
    What an easy puzzle.
    Devin has become a hot commodity here, which is weird.

Scoring:

Ashley and Nelson coitus points (20)
    Emy crying (5)
    Fessy and Esther win daily (10)
    Ashley crying because of Nelson (5)
    Kelz commish points for excoriating Josh (5)
    Emy crying again for a different reason (5)
    Ed and Emy win elimination (15)
    Tori wins confessional cleavage (5)

Challenger Scores to Date:
    Aneesa40HEAD
    Ashley40VIL
    Logan40XNO
    Nelson40HEAD
    Emy35MOSS
    Fessy30XNO
    Corey25VIL
    Esther25BYRD
    Michele25VIL
    Kaycee20HEAD
    Nany20BYRD
    Amanda15BYRD
    Ed15MOSS
    Tori15HEAD
    Berna10VIL
    Bettina10BYRD
    Big T10MOSS
    Cory10MOSS
    CT10BYRD
    Devin10HEAD
    Emanuel10XNO
    Gabo10HEAD
    Hughie10MOSS
    Jeremiah10XNO
    Josh10XNO
    Kelz10MOSS
    Kyle10VIL
    Priscilla10BYRD
    Tacha10VIL
    Tommy10MOSS
    Amber5VIL
    Lauren5XNO
    Tracy5HEAD
    Michela0XNO
    Nam0MOSS
    Renan0BYRD

Standings:
    Headspace1406
    Vil1257
    Moss1006
    Xno Kappa905
    Byrd906
    UFA00
    Awww this is wack as hell! Amber B should’ve been mine lol.

BG Level

I can't believe Byrd has been watching some weird Netflix show when he knows he should be watching FBOY Island, which is getting a season 2. I'd try to venture a guess which of the guys may end up on The Challenge, but if they do pull people from that, they're bound to pick some random as hell options anyway. Some of the twists (and these shows need nonsense twists) leave you thinking "is this allowed?"

Anyway, there actually is one significant crossover with The Challenge, which is kind of hilarious all things considered.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I tend to try to limit my brainless TV viewing to one show at a time, and the Challenge certainly qualifies. The Nikki Glaser-as-host did interest me, maybe I should check it out. Although the three seasons of "A Shot at Love" did hold my interest back in the day., I'm typically likely to watch a show where 30 women competed for 3 men instead of the other way around, I think. More eye candy for me, I suppose.

The HBO Max bit is a draw, is there swearing and nudity?

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Anyway, there actually is one significant crossover with The Challenge, which is kind of hilarious all things considered.
    What is the connection there?

BG Level

I don't understand the need for swearing, but the only language censored is "FBOY".

I'm not going to spoil the connection.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Some rumors I've picked up from the interwebs and Johnny Bananas new ringer podcast:

-there was a COVID outbreak early in filming and they had to quarantine everyone, that's what sent Nam home (positive test?)

-Lauren C who was edited out completely said something racist to Aneesa and that's why she got kicked

I'm kinda split(hah) on the Bananas podcast so far - I preferred the recaps from Simmons and Jacoby but he obviously does have a lot of insight and some of it is really interesting. We'll see if I can handle 60+ minutes of his voice every week

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't understand the need for swearing, but the only language censored is "FBOY".
    If the contestants don't swear, I'm fine with it - I don't need it, but I would just rather hear swearing than beeps. It feels more natural to include swearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moss
    I'm kinda split(hah) on the Bananas podcast so far - I preferred the recaps from Simmons and Jacoby but he obviously does have a lot of insight and some of it is really interesting. We'll see if I can handle 60+ minutes of his voice every week
    So far, I've liked Bananas' podcast better than the 'official' one with Aneesa and Tori. I was a little disappointed neither he nor Bill knew about episode zero prior to the first episode. Even if they had to record it before they could see it, they should have known it was coming.

GATTACA!

BG Level

So far, I've liked Bananas' podcast better than the 'official' one with Aneesa and Tori. I was a little disappointed neither he nor Bill knew about episode zero prior to the first episode. Even if they had to record it before they could see it, they should have known it was coming.
    I haven't even tried the official pod because I know I wouldn't like it lol. And you know they can't talk about certain things because "official"

Lol I was annoyed by that too, he mentions in episode 2 that everyone was calling him out for it.

He was also forgetting people's names like Emy, which while understandable is also annoying since you're getting paid to do the damn podcast. Would it kill you to prepare a little...

BG Level

If the contestants don't swear, I'm fine with it - I don't need it, but I would just rather hear swearing than beeps. It feels more natural to include swearing.
    Ok, I get that. They do curse, but beyond the first few times I heard, it wasn't noticeable to me. That's not to say that they don't get into arguments and whatnot. They just actually use more extensive vocabularies (especially a certain doctor/aspiring Olympic bobsledder) than the average dolt that gets put on The Challenge.

I used to like when Simmons did kind of a general "reality show" podcast way back at Grantland, though I'd only check it out once in a while. That's kind of surprising that they'd let them party as much as they have with them having had a quarantine shut down production. Just this past week, I think there were two separate big parties.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    I haven't even tried the official pod because I know I wouldn't like it lol. And you know they can't talk about certain things because "official"
    Yeah, I tried it this week for the first time, and I think even they inadvertently spilled some things like about how long certain contestants might less. More of a "so and so saw a bunch of puzzles this season" which is a spoiler that they are there for at least a while. I don't think I'll be listening to that one again.

Lol I was annoyed by that too, he mentions in episode 2 that everyone was calling him out for it.
    Which was good, but then claimed it wasn't his fault that he didn't know about it. Dude ... it might not be your fault he couldn't listen to it, but it was definitely his fault he didn't know about it. Or MTV's fault for not telling him when he got his advance copy.

He was also forgetting people's names like Emy, which while understandable is also annoying since you're getting paid to do the damn podcast. Would it kill you to prepare a little...
    Agreed. If Emy had no visible role in the show yet, I could see him forgetting their name, but she's been a top 3 rookie in terms of presence. He is a noob to the podcast thing, though, so maybe he'll improve. I'll probably be sticking with his podcast, though. I've traditionally listened to the RHAP podcast, and I find myself losing interest in it much of the time, so am kind of in the market for a new one.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Yeah I'll give him a chance, he's a reasonably smart and insightful guy so I'll give him a chance to get better at the podcasting thing

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Should get points if your player is chosen as a teammate. I say this now, selfishly, because Devin and Tori keep getting stolen.

I reserve the right to no longer feel this way when it’s Fessy being stolen every week.

BG Level

You can have points for that if I can have points for challengers that are shown bleeding.

Segments like Nelson's boot camp are things that have been missing from a lot of recent seasons.

That challenge was a decent enough concept, but I think it's one that seems really hard to regulate with the conditions. Ashley going for that kiss after Hughie puked right in front of her, eww. Even with them showing the quick cut for like 60% of the heats, that just went way too long. I know there were a couple things that they needed to spend time on, but still, it went through like 2 (maybe 3?) commercial breaks.

I was really apprehensive about Tommy when he was on the cast list, but after an episode, I was looking forward to see how he'd do. I'm disappointed that he went out like that.

Last week, Josh was the leading strategic voice for the vets. This week, it's Tori. They were better off with Josh at the helm. I have no idea why Tori talks so much, but she does it way too much for someone who is simply not good at that part of the game. It's on display again this episode.

D: "Ok, we've finally got it back to even numbers."
    T: "So, send a vet in?"

I hoped that Agent Ed immediately saying he'd let Tori handle that stuff was just a setup for him not following her when it came down to it. I was disappointed. He's a good addition and probably doesn't want to push his luck when he thinks he's in a semi-stable position, but I wish he would.

Tacha calling out Corey/Michele thinking that's her only option. *facepalm* Can people on my team stop targeting others on my team? I'd substitute rookies and rookies for that, but let's be serious. With the numbers even, they're not even. Does anybody think that GABO is going to have the sense to join a rookie coalition if one formed? He's just the most glaring example I can think of.

Great elimination, very difficult. I don't know what kind of incline those rungs had, but it looked like there wasn't one, and a tiny movement and those poles were flying off since they were barely fitting on them. Bulkier guys would probably have had a hell of a time with that.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    You can have points for that if I can have points for challengers that are shown bleeding.
    I do give points for bleeding. Added points for medical on top of that. Getting hurt is good for the Fantasy game, so long as you don't get knocked out like Tommy.

Thoughts:
    We have a Big T sighting.
    Oh, maybe this means Big T is going home.
    I don't think Gabo gets this game. Or much of anything, really
    I really didn't expect Emanuel to be Michele's type. But what do I know?
    Did Ashley get new contacts or have her eyes always been that blue?
    Jump, Hughie, jump.
    Was not expecting Hughie to finish first of that four.
    Berna early cleavage leader.
    Tommy did a great job ignoring his own nudity there.
    Oh wait, he's fucked up.
    The Tacha and Jeremiah team are not doing anything to dispel the "Black People Can't Swim" sterotype.
    I feel like all the teams that go through the Mission Montage aren't likely to win it, and it will more
    likely be someone we were going to see do a little more with regard to the mission itself.
    You know, I liked Double Shot at Love back it starred hot bisexual Playboy model twins and not Jersey Shore guys.
    Shit, Tommy's leaving? Shit. I was really rooting for him.
    Xno still has waiver priority if Tommy gets a replacement.
    Jeremiah is kind of a non-entity.
    Devin really is kind of a ring leader these days.
    Are we really going to see two rookie-rookie teams going up against each other? That makes sense, but I hate it.
    It's always a little jarring when someone has a big cut or bruise if confessional but not in the show … yet.
    Ashely the new cleavage lead by a country mile. 100% of side and 20% of underboob is hard to beat.
    Tacha and Jeremiah are pretty invisible so far, them leaving here would make sense.
    Wonder how much input Ashley had on sending down Berna.
    Picking Berna to win this just because she's had a lot more of a storyline here.
    Ashley and Nelson having a lover's spat through someone else's elimination.'
    This competition is clearly harder than it looks.
    Well, that's where Berna got the cut on her nose.
    Nelson calling himself "Daddy" for Berna creeps me out a little bit.
    I have no idea who is whose partner every week.
    We saw more of Priscilla in next week's preview than we did in the entire episode.
    Tori asking Tacha who she wanted to go in was a mistake if she wasn't going to honor it.

Scoring Notes:
    Previously on the Challenge were Fessy and Esther (5)
    Michele showing some serious blood (5)
    Michele gets medical on camera (5)
    Tommy lost his pants (5)
    Tommy gets medical on camera and pukes on camera (10)
    CT bare ass on the jet ski (5)
    CT bare ass (on purpose this time) on the beach upgrading to intentional (5)
    Ed and Tori win challenge (10)
    Berna bleeding (5)
    Berna wins elimination (15)
    Tacha goes out yelling at Tori (5)
    TJ told Tacha AND Berna they killed it (20)

Challenger Scoring to Date:
    Berna 55 VIL GAME
    Aneesa 45 HEAD GAME
    Ashley 45 VIL GAME
    Logan 45 XNO GAME
    Nelson 45 HEAD GAME
    Emy 40 MOSS GAME
    Fessy 40 XNO GAME
    Michele 40 VIL GAME
    Esther 35 BYRD GAME
    Tacha 35 VIL GAME
    Corey 30 VIL GAME
    Tori 30 HEAD GAME
    CT 25 BYRD GAME
    Ed 25 MOSS GAME
    Kaycee 25 HEAD GAME
    Nany 25 BYRD GAME
    Tommy 25 MOSS HOME
    Amanda 20 BYRD GAME
    Bettina 15 BYRD GAME
    Big T 15 MOSS GAME
    Cory 15 MOSS GAME
    Devin 15 HEAD GAME
    Emanuel 15 XNO GAME
    Gabo 15 HEAD GAME
    Hughie 15 MOSS GAME
    Jeremiah 15 XNO GAME
    Josh 15 XNO GAME
    Kyle 15 VIL GAME
    Priscilla 15 BYRD GAME
    Amber 10 VIL GAME
    Kelz 10 MOSS HOME
    Lauren 5 XNO HOME
    Tracy 5 HEAD HOME
    Michela 0 XNO HOME
    Nam 0 MOSS HOME
    Renan 0 BYRD HOME

Standings:

Vil 230 7
    Headspace 180 6
    Moss 145 5
    Byrd 135 6
    Xno Kappa 130 5

GATTACA!

BG Level

You need to add puke points for Hughie pls

GATTACA!

BG Level

God I was really holding out hope they would bring Kelz back to replace Tommy. Missed opportunity MTV!

Hughie is hilarious and I hope he lasts a long time

Tommy stumbling out of the sea nude is/was simultaneously amazing and disturbing

I wonder if Berna vibes with Nelson because he has a limited vocabulary so he's easier for her to understand. And yes him calling himself daddy was creepy AF

Gabo seems like terrible casting so far, he seems dumb as a rock

Why isn't Corey L trying to rally the rookies to vote together? Or any of the other rookies? Obviously you get an enormous target on your back if/when the vets find out, but the alternative is getting picked off one by one. Kelz would've done it, RIP

Can't wait to see the veteran truce break and the Josh meltdown they teased, it looked like a good one

I don't think that elimination was play-tested well, very close to being made too hard. But I liked it overall. Not sure why neither girl took 60 seconds to arrange the poles in size order on the ground first, but alas

BG Level

Why isn't Corey L trying to rally the rookies to vote together? Or any of the other rookies? Obviously you get an enormous target on your back if/when the vets find out, but the alternative is getting picked off one by one. Kelz would've done it, RIP
    Even if they're not organized or have any possibility at corralling the votes right now, don't tell me that there aren't people at least having conversations. What we get is the bare minimum and if you're not in the elimination/escaping it, you're probably not heard from. Is the point of this to make it seem like a big deal if they do manage to turn the tide at some point? They'd probably just spin it as "veterans are dumb" moreso than the rookies getting their acts together.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You need to add puke points for Hughie pls
    I saw the aftermath, I didn't see him actually doing it. I might've looked away at that time, was it shown on camera and I just missed it?

I also missed Confessional Cleavage award for Ashley. I should quit drinking as much on Challenge nights.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Even if they're not organized or have any possibility at corralling the votes right now, don't tell me that there aren't people at least having conversations. What we get is the bare minimum and if you're not in the elimination/escaping it, you're probably not heard from. Is the point of this to make it seem like a big deal if they do manage to turn the tide at some point? They'd probably just spin it as "veterans are dumb" moreso than the rookies getting their acts together.
    Yeah very possible they're trying and failing because of the airhead Gabo's of the world but they should be giving us a taste of who's trying
    I saw the aftermath, I didn't see him actually doing it. I might've looked away at that time, was it shown on camera and I just missed it?

I also missed Confessional Cleavage award for Ashley. I should quit drinking as much on Challenge nights.
    Yep, it was on camera. Right as he's bitching to Ashley and right before they show Aneesa laughing about it

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Right as he's bitching to Ashley and right before they show Aneesa laughing about it
    Sure enough. Not sure how I missed it, I just must have been looking away. I'll get that and Ashley's cleavage added to next week's spreadsheet.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Rookies needed to vote as a bloc but you’ll never convince someone like Emanuel to do it given his stable position. They’d rather make connections with a solid vet partner I think

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast