+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry. Completely useless at his job outside of making money, which is the problem with the industry as a whole. Its perfectly fine for the boys to abuse the fuck out of women so long as the profits are rolling in, because profits are all that matters.

Same as Snyder. Washington makes fat stacks off of their moronic fanbase (as a reformed skins fan who got the fuck off of the copium decades ago, I speak from experience) drunk on hope, to the point where it doesn't matter how many cheerleaders get paraded around in front of fat, greasy execs to be oogled and literally objectified in "private showings", they're untouchable because they're rolling in profit for the league.

And the League fucking defended him and gave him a hilarious slap on the wrists as a "stop getting caught, moron!" punishment.

Gred's right: ActiBlizz's profits are up every year, so the financial strategy is working. I suppose that excuses all other crimes and abuse in our corporate culture.

Edit: https://twitter.com/cherthedev/statu...htmode%3Dfalse

I wanna see Morhaime respond to this, and publicly. Not some private back and forth about "psst! Keep it private! I have an image to maintain!"
    Yeah see that's not really what a CEO is for. A CEO's job is absolutely not to be aware of what all their employees are doing at all times. That's why they have heads of different departments who are supposed to report to them. If those people are fucking up and not making the CEO aware of the things they should know, or are actively withholding information because it's evidence of their own bad behavior, the CEO wouldn't know that. I work for the CEO of my company and he's busy 18 hours of the day mostly doing things that concern issues outside the company with our clients. Internal problems or matters get brought to him by the staff. Him having to keep track of everything going on would actively detract from him being able to do his job, and my firm has 55 people in it. Blizzard's WoW team has how many?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

So, knowing that, how do we stop CEOs from getting free passes when those under them - when the company they're representing - constantly fuck up? Ordinarily, those people are supposed to be fired/arrested, but that isn't happening when HR protects those above a high enough rank.

Even based on what you said, while logical, I still refuse to believe that these CEOs never partake in this shit. I refuse to believe that they aren't trying to boink their secretary or assistant, or promising to (or witholding) promote/promotions and bumps up the ladder for favors. Its too easy for a CEO or a high-ranking official to say "I didn' see nuffin'!", like some New Jersey mafia goon, and get away with what amounts to a rain drop's worth of a fine on the company.

When a child fucks up repeatedly, the parent is held accountable. If a kid steals a car and wrecks someone's house, if that kid can't pay the fine (not to mention the jail time - if they aren't white and thus, get a free pass), the folks have to cough up the cash. How do we, as a society, push enough responsibility to the top of these companies to actually have them enforce what they say in these lovely little scripted PR releases? Should we adopt a full-on "The sins of the father must be paid for by the son" but in reverse? Any employee under the big boss's major infractions result in equal penalties for leadership?

Granted, none of this will happen because of lobbies and power, but I suppose we can kick the can down the street until the next set of women are brave enough to put their feet down and make waves in the water again.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Oh no, absolutely not positing that CEOs never actively partake, just saying that if the company is doing super well and all the numbers look good, unless someone specifically brings this issue up before the CEO then there's every reason to believe that they wouldn't be aware of what's happening to the rank-and-file. SHOULD they? I mean, sure, there's an argument, and in a company my size especially, but the more you scale up the more the executive team is removed from every day happenings and rely on directors to bring them that sort of information. If the directors and upper management are they themselves the problem, then there just has to be a more direct route for other employees to bring things to higher attention and see action taken.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I don't disagree. I just don't want this to be another Washington Football Team where the state fines them some lame, arbitrary number and everything moves on, hunky dory. Brack gets to keep his job and run around with that "I'm really sorry" derp face and nothing changes.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

There's a big difference though between a CEO not knowing what every employee is doing, not knowing about the misbehavior of one or two bad employees, and what appear to be systemic problems like this.

When the problem is as widespread as these reports and the lawsuit are alleging, that suggests this a cultural issue with the company, and you don't get there without people (emphasis on the multiple part) at the top contributing to the problem. Like, when you say heads of different departments are fucking up and not making the CEO aware of things or directors/upper management are part of the problem, who holds those people responsible and who is responsible for those people getting into positions of power?

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

something tells me that they will not learn from this

https://twitter.com/azgaz/status/141...105996288?s=20

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

"Hey look man, women suffering sucks and all, but I'm no woman, and I really want my 9.2 patch content..."

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    There's a big difference though between a CEO not knowing what every employee is doing, not knowing about the misbehavior of one or two bad employees, and what appear to be systemic problems like this.

When the problem is as widespread as these reports and the lawsuit are alleging, that suggests this a cultural issue with the company, and you don't get there without people (emphasis on the multiple part) at the top contributing to the problem. Like, when you say heads of different departments are fucking up and not making the CEO aware of things or directors/upper management are part of the problem, who holds those people responsible and who is responsible for those people getting into positions of power?
    Yeah I mean, I'm down with it going either way (CEO knowing or not knowing), but I am inclined to believe he knew at least SOME stuff.

Rumors tend to spread like wildfire at companies, and the more rumors there are the less likely someone is going to be ignorant about all of them.

Plus, this isn't like, some random min-wage dude in Q&A causing problems, this is people who the tops would have been working directly with. So idk....When I worked for BoA as a teller, yeah I knew next to nothing about the CEO or anything outside the stupid letters that were sent "by him" once a month. But by god did I hear all kinds of rumors and gossip involving those in the district management, because those were close enough in the chain where I was at. Considering how high Afrasabi was he was in close enough in the chain that I can't believe the higher ups weren't notified about anything.

Timing is also semi-suspicious on people leaving.

The investigation took 2 years, but how many reports did the state receive prior to the 2 years and for how long before the state decided to investigate? I can't imagine the state jumps at ever last accusation of a company, which means they probably had been getting reports for quite some time before they said this was something worth investigating.

I wouldn't be surprised if people like Metzen heard about the reports to the state and figured he'd get out stat, whereas someone like Kaplan foolishly thought it wasn't going to come to anything until he realized the investigation was almost over and that they had found tons of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    something tells me that they will not learn from this

https://twitter.com/azgaz/status/141...105996288?s=20
    If you're bitching about how you pay for a product and want said product then you're the issue....lol seriously fuck this company nowadays. Had high hopes for Shadowlands after BFA since I figured it might be a repeat of WoD to Legion...but nope. It's even worse then BFA in terms of gameplay mechanics and lore, coupled with all this legal shit and their pissy interviews with Ion and others basically telling us we don't know how to play the game..

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I would never hope for a Tick-Tock of content, all that does is setup expectation and ruin whatever it is you might be looking forward to lmao. WoW has been on a steady decline since cata, striking gold once with Legion and then abandoning it all because they're too deep into depending on algorithms and monitoring players like the NSA to fuel what they believe players want rather listening to any criticism or feedback. WoW is a game of how the developers want you to play the game, not a game of how the players want to play the game and that's where one of its critical flaws are.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

They're not on a steep decline, all of you just can't see their genius designs! If you knew what they knew about all of the characters and plot, you'd understand! Why can't you all just be patient and wait for the big movie reveals and plot twists?!!

Nah, they're absolute shit at story now, and their stupid systems are dragging the game into the abyss.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    If you're bitching about how you pay for a product and want said product then you're the issue....lol seriously fuck this company nowadays..
    It's like the owner of a restaurant chain telling customers to tip his staff better lmao

The piss poor press releases, and overall tone deaf tweets made by some current devs make me feel like Blizz still hasn't hit their rock bottom

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

They haven't hit rock bottom as long as they keep blaming their customers for "just not understanding their genius."

Until you stop making excuses (just like their shitty corporate PR statements!), you will never learn. Until you learn, you will never improve.

I'll enjoy watching this trainwreck, and the subsequent "revival" as all of these fair-weather quitters resub the second the next Xpac is announced. Humans ultimately want what they want, regardless of politics or corporate practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    They're not on a steep decline, all of you just can't see their genius designs! If you knew what they knew about all of the characters and plot, you'd understand! Why can't you all just be patient and wait for the big movie reveals and plot twists?!!

Nah, they're absolute shit at story now, and their stupid systems are dragging the game into the abyss.
    lol not gonna lie but "They're not on a steep decline" actually had me going for a split second because i've just been reading too much wow Reddit where people just will polish their ball sacks over a delayed shit patch with even more bullshit mechanisms in it. I get to run around on some shit island in a zone I don't give a fuck about where if I die I lose a major currency?! And said zone fills my bags full of bullshit?! HELL YEAH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Hope is the most addictive drug on the planet. That and copium, although they're essentially the same thing.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    It's like the owner of a restaurant chain telling customers to tip his staff better lmao

The piss poor press releases, and overall tone deaf tweets made by some current devs make me feel like Blizz still hasn't hit their rock bottom
    Unless there's a huge decline in players, microtransactions, purchases, etc. and they're unable to get enough hush money for this lawsuit and get hammered I doubt anything will change.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    lol not gonna lie but "They're not on a steep decline" actually had me going for a split second because i've just been reading too much wow Reddit where people just will polish their ball sacks over a delayed shit patch with even more bullshit mechanisms in it. I get to run around on some shit island in a zone I don't give a fuck about where if I die I lose a major currency?! And said zone fills my bags full of bullshit?! HELL YEAH
    That's maybe my only issue with Korthia is how 1 bag literally is filled with all the various version of an anima or research item. But dying now makes you lose a lot less Stygia after buying this item that's very easy to get.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Jim Sterling went for the fucking throat, and I agree with 100% of what JSS said.

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    That's maybe my only issue with Korthia is how 1 bag literally is filled with all the various version of an anima or research item. But dying now makes you lose a lot less Stygia after buying this item that's very easy to get.
    Should have never even required the item, and it's still only 75% less or something? Still horrible system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast