• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Would have liked Kispert due to Gonzaga homerism but the Dubs snagging both Kuminga and Moody is fucking awesome.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Wanted tre mann who ended up being taken at the pick before us. ABC then shared a clip of him reciting a free style rap dedicated to his girlfriend

needless to say, I love that we snagged Quentin Grimes instead

if we can somehow find a way to grab sexton or lonzo, i will be absolutely smitten

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    and i kinda get the thought given Russ is a dynamo and AD / Bron need as much rest as possible given their age / injuries. things will get pretty cramped tho KCP was their premier 3&D guy and Kuzma was a serviceable stretch 4.
    I really think Lebron going to morph into his final form as a stretch 4. I noticed that he's slowly been ramping up his 3PT takes/makes these past few seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes that his main focus moving forward. I also doubt that the Lakers find enough shooting given their cap situation, which makes me think ol' Bron is gonna take that matter into his own hands.

Obviously the one issue is AD is still soft at the 5. Curious to see if they can pull off small ball with Bron playing the 4.

BG Level

i mean they better because a Russ Caruso (??) Bron AD Drummond line-up is going to be bricky as fuckin shit. getting Drummond out of there and letting an older Bron settle down at the 4 is prolly the move for most matchups.

and i admittedly don't know dick about college ball but looks like Houston made out like bandits. grabbing Green at 2 was expected (and he's proven himself against better comp than any of the NCAA guys with his G-league stint) but getting the best Euro prospect since Luka in Sengun and another international standout in Garuba $$$

GATTACA!

BG Level

i mean they better because a Russ Caruso (??) Bron AD Drummond line-up is going to be bricky as fuckin shit. getting Drummond out of there and letting an older Bron settle down at the 4 is prolly the move for most matchups.

and i admittedly don't know dick about college ball but looks like Houston made out like bandits. grabbing Green at 2 was expected (and he's proven himself against better comp than any of the NCAA guys with his G-league stint) but getting the best Euro prospect since Luka in Sengun and another international standout in Garuba $$$
    Yeah plenty of debate between Green and Mobley at #2 but Sengun looks like a serious steal, like potential all-star

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level

Mobley said he didn't want to go to Houston and refused to work out for them tho ya. hard to roll the dice on a guy like that.

wonder what the Mobley pick means for Jarrett Allen. that dude is pretty nice.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Feeling decent about the Hawks draft. Jalen Johnson is a nice high upside/low floor swing I like given we don't need depth pieces as much anymore

Sharife Cooper looks like a steal in the 2nd round as a poor man's Trae that can hopefully make our non-Trae minutes much stronger

There were a lot of rumors around trading Reddish to move up in the draft. Really don't want to see us move him since I think we need to bet on his upside if we want to be true championship contenders.

Really pumped for the summer league although my guy Okongwu is out for 6 months
    Mobley said he didn't want to go to Houston and refused to work out for them tho ya. hard to roll the dice on a guy like that.

wonder what the Mobley pick means for Jarrett Allen. that dude is pretty nice.
    Ah I forgot about that. Idk how the cavs situation is exactly preferable for mobley's camp lol but Fertitta is pretty terrible

They think Mobley and Allen can play together, especially as Mobley's perimeter skills improve

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Lakers' starting 5 last season (Shroder, KCP, Bron, AD, Gasol) was very good, like top 5 of combinations ... in the small amount of time they actually had together. Westbrook is an upgrade to Shroder so a Russ - Bron - AD - Gasol line-up isn't doomed.

But yes I think you rest Bron or Westbrook in alternating shiffts and then near the end of the game the Lakers play AD like what they did with Pau Gasol where he starts as the 4 but slides down to the 5 to end the game, Bron slide up to the 4, and Russ plays with the ball in his hand at the end of the game (which is the only way he is anywhere near his max value).

BG Level

it's doomed re shooting bruh. Russ is an even worse shooter than Schroder and KCP was the best shooter by far in that lineup. Gasol is preferable to Drummond but he's so creeky at this point. dude can barely move for Spain right now. looks worse than Pau.

it is admittedly a fuckton of talent, Bron and AD healthy storm the league when they play together. but iunno if they ever stay healthy together again, and even if so it's a worse constructed team than the championship squad. Bradley, Green, Waiters, the team has lost almost all its shooting.

GATTACA!

BG Level

The word is that there was a Kuzma+Montrezl for Hield swap on the table but Lakers went for the Russ deal instead

What a terrible decision. Lol. They could've kept KCP and the first round pick

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Does he get a max offer?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Does he get a max offer?
    Why wouldn't he?

GATTACA!

BG Level

2021-2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Expendables 4 - LeBron & the Lakers

The expectation is that Leonard will negotiate a new deal to remain with the LA Clippers, according to Wojnarowski. Leonard can potentially sign a four-year, $176.2 million deal or could do a one-and-one and become a free agent in 2022, when he could sign a five-year deal worth $235 million, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Why wouldn't he?

Because there's a good chance you get zero minutes in the first season and you're starting a relationship with Kawhi Leonard with a "is he healthy enough to play or what" right off the bat, something that has gone wrong twice already.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Because there's a good chance you get zero minutes in the first season and you're starting a relationship with Kawhi Leonard with a "is he healthy enough to play or what" right off the bat, something that has gone wrong twice already.
    More of a question if you're deciding to trade the farm for him, but if it's just cap space, most teams are offering the max without hesitation. He's too good when healthy despite the question marks and makes most teams an instant championship contender

Likely moot though as there's no indication he's leaving

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    More of a question if you're deciding to trade the farm for him, but if it's just cap space, most teams are offering the max without hesitation. He's too good when healthy despite the question marks and makes most teams an instant championship contender
    without question lmao, is Kawhi getting a max offer is one of the dimmer questions asked in this thread. he'd get one from every single team with the cap space if they thought they had a chance.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    all the buzz I've seen is he's doing it to secure a longer term 3 years 90-100 mill contract with us. get the desire to run it back given how close we were but that could wind up one terrible contact depending on his aging / injuries. but with Cam Payne a free agent and Ayton / Bridges about to get paid what other move is there. team is boutta get very expensive. just hope some of the younger guys can develop.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

without question lmao, is Kawhi getting a max offer is one of the dimmer questions asked in this thread. he'd get one from every single team with the cap space if they thought they had a chance.
    Especially after ppl have seen how well KD bounced back this season, most teams are going to feel comfortable believing he comes back in a position to contribute max value.