Closed Thread
Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

https://www.cmu.edu/dietrich/news/ne...hesitancy.html

The more educated individuals are more vaccine hesitant.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

When the essay is due at 12:00am and it's 11:58pm and you're trying to fit in all your ideas in

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRrB53Dg/

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post

I don't see numbers in this at all, which... is important. if 5 out of 100 highly educated are anti-vax, while 70 out of 100 are uneducated, there is a lot more room for people to change their minds in the uneducated group. I was about to say that highly educated people are more stubborn when it comes to making up their minds, but i guess that can be said for most humans at this point.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I don't think this is accurate in the slightest and at the very least has some massive confounding that isn't being noticed.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Trump only beat Biden among 65+ by 4% - closer to even than any other age group.
    Its a stupid ass chart and theres more to it than simply "republicans are catching covid more often".

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

i saw this study pop up somewhere else and it stated that it hadn’t passed peer review, and this article says it is still ahead of peer review (not published yet)

but at the same time, with how hyper-specialized PhDs are, i could also not be surprised if it were the case. for the record, that’s the only “highly educated group” in the study that shows vaccine hesitancy; people with masters degress and MDs for example are among the highest vaccinated

edit: can’t find the specific article I read before, but this chart was from it

this doesn’t show the number for people with a medical degree, but they were the least hesitant group (something like only 4% iirc)

https://twitter.com/mmahesh1/status/...620482052?s=21

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

also the only reason i knew about that study was some right winger (i forget which) was touting the study saying SEE? THE SMARTEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD ALL SAY YOU SHOULDNT GET VACCINATED!, which is not what the study says, but whatevs

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

As a master's degree holder, I can confirm: we are the smartest and most rational of all people

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Now that Pfizer is FDA approved, they can start advertising now right?

I want to see one of those extremely generic drug ads for the vaccine with Trump in like, a quarter-zip fleece pullover laughing in what seems to be slow motion but isn't with his friends in an upscale subdivision and the narrator saying "Ask your doctor if the Pfizer vaccine is right for you."

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm going to ask for a vaccine antidote, my IQ is far too high for these shenanigans

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

lmao

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Apparently people are trolling the anti-vaxx subreddits with scientific information and memes like these:

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I went on r/ivermectin yesterday and saw a lot of these. The people in the comments are reaching critical levels of salt.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

ahahahaahahahahahahaa

Ahhahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahaha

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I feel like a lot of these are just trolls at this point

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

don’t take this from me

I just googled FLCCC and oh lord people are dumb.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I just googled FLCCC and oh lord people are dumb.
    writing something up on this now, one sec

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Any wagers on who the donors are on this, if we ever find out?

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

sorry for the long post, annoyed. spoilering for length and pics

Spoiler: show
    So it’s like 100 degrees out today, and since I don’t want to go outside and mow my lawn yet, instead I wasted my time having fun browsing r/ivermectin. I sorted by “top posts of all time”; because as stated above people are mercilessly trolling these yahoos, the top post is actually an anti-ivermectin post. But it’s actually a serious post that states the efficacy of vaccines and whatnot, with a lot of links to peer-reviewed journals, websites, government information, etc.

So I go about seeing how these yahoos respond to this fairly well written and researched post, and it seems they all neigh “bUt WhAt aBoUt InDiA”, since I guess there are just countless studies from India about how ivermectin works! Safe to use! Don’t trust big pharma!

This is a common refrain, and it appears they even have a copypasta ready should you dare tell these yahoos shitting out their intestinal lining is not the lifestyle choice they want. It looks like this:

Not bad! Very official looking. Summaries AND clickable hyperlinks to surely relevant and well researched/informed articles about Ivermectin and Covid! Let’s have a look at the first one…wait that’s just a link to the ivermectin subreddit. Okay, let’s move on to the second one!

Here we are: something from “ScienceDirect”, sounds official! Even has the word “science” in it!

Wait, that’s just a website that compiles scientific papers and not really a publisher. Okay, that’s fine, I’m sure the article is relevant!

Hmm…ivermectin as a “potential” therapy for covid? Written…over a year ago with no updates? And it’s for some reason listed as…a “letter to the editor”, which in academic settings means it’s just the draft or abstract being considered for publication? Wait, this journal is a tuberculosis journal? If I click on the journal it says it was submitted on July 25th and approved…3 days later? That’s how long peer review takes?

Alright, not much to go on there. Let’s take a gander at link two!

Awww yeah, that’s the shit right there. Look at this bad boy. An actual respectable looking academic paper! Multiple authors! The actual full article is there! Has an abstract and key word list for quick access through databases! And it’s published by the very official sounding International Journal of Scientific Research!

Wait a second…that logo looks familiar to me…

Let’s look past the fact that this pdf with a definitive case for the benefits of injecting bull steroids down your throat is only 3 pages long, with most of the first page being the abstract and author information (multiple authors! very science! much true!). That logo looks a lot like the cover of a elementary school textbook that was generically developed, no?

This is when I remembered any journal that starts with “International Journal of…” is compete horseshit. Anyone in academia knows this. Why? Well I can state from personal experience that I once submitted a very nice paper on Shakespeare and etymology to a journal called “The International Journal of Language and Literature” and it was accepted!

The email I received from them was littered with typos, and they stated I could have my article published for the low low cost of $300.

I just needed to send the money to India.

These journals are predatory scams. They are paper mills. Friends, if we started a pool here and gathered our money, we could publish a paper in this journal conclusively stating all the moderators here are in fact homosexuals and get it published, making it appear to be scientific fact. Just don’t put your real names on it: people that publish in these places generally get laughed at and discredited through academia. People publish here if they are desperate to have a writing credit appear in a journal (the “publish or perish” mantra), or if they know their work is shit and no one else will take it. No actual university or institute would ever take anything published at these places seriously, but less reputable places would see the work on a CV and say “Look, they got published somewhere! They must be smart! Hire them!”

The Literature journal I mentioned before no longer exists. Why? Eventually people figure it out and they have to rebrand. Look at this list, taken from a website that tracks shitty publications (observe the name).

You see scientific research listed twice, meaning they have likely rebranded at least once (and I am sure more than that; there are a lot of terms that could be swapped there to mean the same thing). I won’t bother posting the full list of journals that start “International Journal of…”, because it would be longer, much longer, than this post which you are going to tl;dr anyway. They always have to rebrand because they lose credibility for publishing complete bullshit, in every language you can think of by the way. And YOU have to pay THEM to publish, so they will publish absolutely anything and make a profit off it. Why did multiple people publish that second official-looking article? Because they likely split the cost to get that shit published.

Unfortunately, your typical yahoo in Mississippi doesn’t know any of this. They see “published in a scientific journal”, regardless of credential or country, and immediately begin taking animal suppositories until they start shitting out their intestines, and they will not stop until they literally have a doctor octopus claw they can fully manipulate and control coming out of their rectum, and they will use said claw to plug their ears when you tell them they are the stupidest person alive.

Sorry for long post, but was annoyed about this from personal experience (no I did not publish there, when I saw the logo I basically got academic ptsd) and also because this is why I yell at my students every god damn day that they need to learn how to properly evaluate research sources.

the eagles won the super bowl

anyway when does football season start

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast