+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So, duckduckgo anyone?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So, duckduckgo anyone?

I've seen a lot of promotional stuff for duckduckgo and I'm also getting tired of all the chrome ad and info BS. Anyone using this browser with good results?

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    I've seen a lot of promotional stuff for duckduckgo and I'm also getting tired of all the chrome ad and info BS. Anyone using this browser with good results?
    I assume you mean the duckduckgo search engine unless I missed a chapter and they're now making a browser too?

Anyway if we're talking about the search engine I've been using it for about 2 years. Most of the time the results are the same except for when Google uses your geo location to suggest different stuff ex: local news, politics, etc...

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think I was confused with the way it interacted with chrome on a PC and/or mobile. Anyway, thanks for the insight, I'll give it a shot.

Just wanted to add that Duckduckgo does have a browser on Android. Not sure about iOS. I've been using it for about 6+ months now and haven't had any issues with it.

I don’t use it, I know its basically DuckDuckGo buys searches from bing, so they’re stuff is pretty solid.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Used DDG for a while in the past, but when you're used to what google usually returns it can get a bit annoying.
    Nowadays I use startpage. It uses googles engine but doesn't use (or pass) any tracking.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Is it for real? Do they use Bing Searches? Damn.