+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I would wager not everyone got the joke.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

i've been called a racist idiot on this forum and its not even noon, you guys are in a bad mood :<

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Short anecdote but my mom uses Michaels frequently because she's a damned boss at crafting shit.

Unfortunately in my anecdotal experience, I gotta agree. Don't really see a lot of diversity in Michael's. However I don't think a black kid should be so triggering that you gotta call the police for just showing up.

Ain't nothing in Michael's I can think of that a dude really needs that he's gotta hit up Michael's for a 5 finger discount. Leave the homie alone.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I used to use Michaels all the time when I was outfitting my man cave. They do a great job with custom frames and shit like that.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Thats what it said he was doing in the story, doesnt mention applying for a job anywhere, not sure how thats racist?Anyways the joke was mostly about how white a store Michaels is
    The very first paragraph of the article in question says he was applying for a job. I mean...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Your first mistake was assuming Day could read.
    Your second mistake was assuming Day could read.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

What you say

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

I did miss that maybe he was applying for a juggling job

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

juggle deez

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wx5v...ested-deaf-man

In 2019, a deaf man in Idaho Springs, CO was tased multiple times during an arrest for running a stop sign because officers were unable to determine he was deaf and thought he had a deathwish.

When Brady Mistic, a deaf man living in Idaho Springs, Colorado, was pulled over by local police one night in 2019, he tried to signal that he couldn’t hear officers’ commands. But the cops on the scene allegedly misinterpreted his sign language as disrespect, tased him multiple times, and slammed him to the ground.

Ultimately, Mistic spent four months in jail, where he was allegedly denied an interpreter, before all charges against him were dropped.

The arrest all started when Mistic allegedly ran past a stop sign about a block away from his destination, after which police began to follow him. But having no idea that he was being trailed by police, Mistic eventually pulled into the parking lot of a laundromat. The police parked on the opposite side of a dumpster, which would have obscured the cops from his vision.

“As Mr. Mistic exited his car and walked past a dumpster in between his vehicle and the police vehicle, toward the laundry door, he was blinded by police vehicle lights and a spotlight shone by the officers,” the lawsuit reads. “He could only vaguely see objects and a police vehicle in front of him.”

“You’re gonna come up on us like that?” another, now former officer, Nicholas Hanning, is heard saying in the footage as Mistic stops in his tracks with his hands up.

The deaf man tried to communicate with the officers without advancing, the lawsuit alleges, but the officers didn’t understand. They slammed him to the ground, causing Mistic to bash his head against the concrete, according to the lawsuit.

In audio from the police bodycam, Summers can be heard telling Mistic, who was prone on the ground, that he would be tased if he didn't put his arms behind his back.

It was only after Mistic was handcuffed that Summers realized he was deaf. Mistic was later taken to the hospital by EMS who arrived on the scene of the arrest. During the commotion, Hanning sustained a broken ankle, which he says was caused by Mistic.

“When I got pulled over, I tried to come because the light was in my face and it scared me,” he says in American Sign Language on the footage. “I couldn’t see and I didn’t like that and I was frustrated. I came over to see what was going on. To me? Thought it was someone else. I didn’t know I was the one.”

Summers tells him that regardless of the confusion, he would be booked into Clear Creek County jail after he’s discharged from the hospital and face charges of resisting arrest and second-degree assault related to Hanning’s ankle injury.

Officers later found movie-prop money in Mistic’s wallet while booking him and tacked on an additional charge of possession of forged currency, despite him never trying to pass off the fake cash as legal tender.
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/3aq7...-idaho-springs

Officer Nicholas Hanning was eventually fired for a different incident, he tased a 75 yr old man while investigating a noise complaint. He man was in intensive care for weeks because the tase caused heart damage.

The incident began in the late evening of May 30, when a neighbor of Clark’s accused him of punching her in the face over a noise complaint, according to Hanning’s arrest affidavit. Hanning and his colleague Ellie Summers responded to the claim, which Schielke said was ultimately untrue.

As Schielke describes it, Clark’s neighbors had “slammed into the wall” they shared with Clark’s apartment that night, causing him to bang on the wall to indicate that he wanted them to keep it down, Schielke said. They banged back in response, then allegedly called the cops with a false claim about Clark punching a woman, Schielke said.

“They talked to her for 95 seconds, then marched over to Michael’s door, banged on it, and did not identify themselves as police,” Schielke said of the officers. “Each stood off to the side, so that when he looked through the peephole, he could not see anybody. So his best guess was that it was the loud and dangerous-sounding new neighbors.”

Clark answered the door holding what the affidavit described as a “Hawaiian sword,” which Schielke said is a collectible item made from the teeth of a sawfish.

Hanning yelled at Clark to put the sword down, which he did, leaving himself unarmed.

The officers then commanded Clark to both “get out here” and “get down” before he said no, according to the affidavit. Clark explained that his neighbors had hit his wall so hard that he thought they’d come through it.

“It’s very clear he thinks [the cops] are there to referee the door-pounding,” Schielke said. “He has no idea someone has falsely accused him of assault.”

But around that time, “without commands or warning,” Hanning fired his Taser and struck Clark in his abdomen and pelvic area, according to the affidavit. Unconscious, Clark fell straight back into a dining room chair before landing on the floor. In all, 19 seconds elapsed between Clark putting the sword down and Hanning taking his Taser out, Schielke, who has viewed the bodycam footage, said.

Now, nearly two months after the fact, Clark is in a 24-hour care facility, according to Schielke, although he still requires heart surgery.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I look forward to the first greeter forgetting they're a greeter and popping off on a minority because of their bigotry

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

https://abcnews.go.com/US/body-cam-f...ry?id=80434010

Police hunt protesters during George Floyd protests

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

https://www.propublica.org/article/b...t-doesnt-exist

What a cursed world we occupy.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

fucking tennessee. jesus that was disgusting.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Got half way thru, couldn't finish it. Making me too angry on a Saturday, acab, etc

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Like, even the one school resource officer who saw what was coming and called out cause he knew he couldn't do it, leaving no warning for his replacement about what was going to happen. Dude wasn't bad, but he called out and did nothing as the bad apples went and spoiled the bunch. Just straight acab man

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    https://www.propublica.org/article/b...t-doesnt-exist

What a cursed world we occupy.

Miles brought in the last two girls, the two fourth graders. Then, walking out to his patrol car, he ran into an angry parent, Miles would recall later. It was a father demanding answers. Miles dropped his head, shaking it. The father asked why this was happening. I don’t know, Miles answered. We are good people, the father said. I can only imagine what you’re feeling, Miles answered. He explained, briefly, the juvenile court process. This is wrong, the father told Miles, over and over. After the third time, Miles, fighting back tears, said he understood, as a parent himself, the father’s anger and pain.

Fuck you, the father said.

I understand, Miles answered.
    Had to stop reading and go walk it off. Jesus fuck...

Rutherford County doesn’t just jail its own kids. It also contracts with other counties to detain their children, charging $175 a day. “If we have empty beds, we will fill them with a paying customer,” Duke said at one public meeting.
    Why am I still reading this...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag