1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Its not even her lack of brains, its just dumb that she's thrust into a leadership spot out of nowhere of which she's completely unqualified for. She doesn't know a thing about politics, about leading and about managing a faction, much less an entire kingdom. It just felt like bad writing in a game that really doesn't have many instances of it.

Its not like they were drowning in candidates, but the entire thing felt rushed and needed a hell of a lot more time in the oven. Ala Mihgo needed its own Xpac, just like Ishgard got, if they wanted the story they told to feel anything more than disjointed and rushed. I know that Ala Mihgans are extremely low on everyone's "care" list when you stack them up against Snow Elves and Dragons or Not-Japanese samurai and ninja, but don't make them half of an expansion if you don't have the space or the passion to make them feel like less than throwaways.

Doesn't help that their former king was an absolute moron, but hey.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It’s been a while since I played through SB but iirc everyone was saying Raubahn should lead Ala Mihgo but he refused because he was sworn to Nanamo and Ul’Dah, so Lyse picks up after grandpa dies and unexpectedly leads them to victory so everyone chooses her to rule. And then later in the 4.XX patches Raubahn decides he can lead after all and they kind of share responsibility from there.

I'm still waiting for them to nut up and give Raubahn a gun(blade?) arm.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Lyse also improves dramatically after Castrum Albania and through the patch quests.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Also, a leader doesn’t lead alone. She has people around her to help out with that. It’s more about what she represents that her capabilities, she’s a symbol of hope.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Sure, in-universe, but she certainly isn't properly portrayed as such to the player. There are many reasons why she's just about the least likable "major" character by the playerbase.

Don't just tell us that she's that. Show us, like you've shown everyone else you've developed story time for.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don’t disagree. Stormblood is the expansion I like the least, I’m just saying that a leader doesn’t have to be an expert at running a kingdom, even in real-life.

Part of it is that, pragmatically, no one would've given a shit about her were it not for her father and sister.

Either way, my stance on Stormblood has pretty much been that the split narrative did the expansion no favors. Lyse got shit development. Doma wound up feeling pathetically small as a territory that had so much pomp being in its lordship. Zenos is still milquetoast and boring AF with Yotsuyu at least having believable motivations for her villainy even though her family life came off as cartoonishly hamfisted.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Zepla says on Twitter that she tested positive for the ‘rona. She is double vaccinated but in Ukraine they only have the sinovac vaccine so…welp.

That's awful. She was saying yesterday on her stream that when she got her last test, which was negative while she was in the waiting room two men with their masks were talking about how they tested positive. People suck. Hope it doesn't hit her too hard.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

She's young, a woman, seemingly in good health, and double vaccinated. Doubt she'll be hit hard.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sakaguchi has now finished all the Bozja content good lord

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This is the play of someone that doesn't get distracted by everything like most players. The game's MSQ and side content isn't the grind people make it out to be but he's also definitely experiencing shorter queue times and setup for a lot of content so he has less downtime in general.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'm surprised he was able to do it that fast. After a few days I had to do it in short bursts since since the wait for FATEs got tiring. Especially when you were restricted to the first zone.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I doubt he had to do much fate grinding to progress. I started an alt a while back for shits & giggles and just going the story was keeping me at the level needed to do the MSQ with no major leveling sessions.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I doubt he had to do much fate grinding to progress. I started an alt a while back for shits & giggles and just going the story was keeping me at the level needed to do the MSQ with no major leveling sessions.
    I think he's talking about Bozja?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oh whoops, indeed he is. Bozja can be farmed fairly quickly too though as long as you got people killing shit to spawn the fates which spawn the engagements. In a busy instance, there is never downtime.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply