1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    LOL Pyro is starting Shadowbringers and is losing it before even leaving the Crystarium lol
    I tried watching some of his VOD and it just ain't my cup of tea. 2 lines of text followed by writing in his journal with a little theorycrafting, rinse and repeat.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Same, which is especially annoying when he dives into his journal so quick during scenes he often misses certain things happening on the screen. Too infuriating for me

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Glad I’m not the only one

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's especially aggravating when, like... for example, Zenos said "Pathetic."

That's it. That's the entire dialogue box. And he was sitting there scribbling for 3 solid minutes.

The fuck could he possibly be writing? And he also believes people would pay hundreds of dollars for his notebooks, but doesn't want to publish them because he doesn't want people stealing his work.

?????

I miss Ethys. That dude was the only loremaster XIV ever needed.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think a big problem that Pyro doesn’t realize, unlike WoW, the lore is pretty much spelled out for you as you play the game. You don’t have to go to sources outside the game like in WoW (books, toys, etc) so like many times he will read a line of dialogue then speculate for a few minutes what it means, then in the next line or two it gets explained. XIV doesn’t need an intense lore master because it’s all in the game if you just play the content.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I think a big problem that Pyro doesn’t realize, unlike WoW, the lore is pretty much spelled out for you as you play the game. You don’t have to go to sources outside the game like in WoW (books, toys, etc) so like many times he will read a line of dialogue then speculate for a few minutes what it means, then in the next line or two it gets explained. XIV doesn’t need an intense lore master because it’s all in the game if you just play the content.
    Those are actually the best moments. Because he's literally like "oh yeah, I forgot this game actually explains things when it should"

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Doesn't XIV have a literal encyclopedia that expands on the lore of the setting?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

yes

most of the quest lore is also available on the lodestone in the form of quest summaries

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    The fuck could he possibly be writing? And he also believes people would pay hundreds of dollars for his notebooks, but doesn't want to publish them because he doesn't want people stealing his work.
    Why the fuck would anyone want to read his chicken scratch and bad takes on his experiences, it doesn't even seem like he is writing anything of value if all he had to write about the Teslene scene was "very scary, made poopy pants ;w; "

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

"The maximum amount of Crystal Sand and Umbrite required to complete an Anima Weapon has been reduced from 80 to 60."

shiiiit. I'm at this stage with my DRG weapon. I wonder if I'll log on and it'll be done lol that'd be sweet

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bellular finished 5.5 just in time :D

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So I saw Preach was doing HW Hildy today so I decided to check in and... yeah he's must be enjoying it.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Zepla is understandably pretty concerned about Russia probably invading Ukraine, hope she will be okay

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I’m pretty sure all of Europe is worried about that. Things will turn pretty crazy then…

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well Zepla lives in Ukraine so it’s a bit more pressing situation in her case

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Of course, I'm not saying it isn't. However, it is much more complex than simply "Russia invades Ukraine" as all of Europe would get involved in it. Pretty much all of Europe has said that Russia invading Ukraine will not be tolerated, and it would very likely start a war with Europe.

As an example, Sweden has the island of Gotland in the Baltic Sea which is one of the most strategic positions in all of the Baltic, which also borders the Russian province of Kaliningrad. It's an island which Russian ships have been circulating lately, and you can bet your ass that if a war starts, that will be one of the first of Russia's goals as whoever occupies Gotland is at an extremely advantageous position in the Baltic. It's essentially a giant unsinkable warship.

Military drones has been seen over Stockholm and all of Sweden's nuclear powerplants, and those military drones are likely operated by Russia, so in case a war breaks out Russia's goal will likely be to try and cripple Sweden's infrastructure such as electricity and internet as a first step to cripple Sweden and perhaps try to conquer Gotland, as it would put them at an advantageous position against Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, and Denmark, who are all NATO members around the Baltic sea. Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are all generally small compared to Russia, and all of them border Belarus which has lately been a strong ally of Russia, and all three of those countries rely on Sweden being in control of Gotland for protection and to offer quick reinforcement from other NATO allies.

The drones are, hopefully, more a show of force, but who knows with Russia.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply