+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fire Stick problems     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Fire Stick problems

So I’ve got this Amazon fire stick and it’s got a few things about it that I don’t like and maybe you guys know a way to fix it.

So first issue is that if I’m watching certain video apps like YouTube, Twitch, Disney+ and stuff and then I switch input on my TV to flip over to my PS4 or Switch, when I flip back the app has bugged out and stopped instead of continuing to play. Now this doesn’t happen on every app. My VidGo or Sling would continue showing programming just fine, but certain ones flip out. Can it be fixed?

Another issue I’m having is that sometimes video apps like YouTube and Twitch will just stop working and I can’t force close the app. Like if I exit, it just like moves it to the background instead of force closing it. I have to restart the Fire stick completely to get it unstuck.

My final problem, and I suspect this is the YouTube app rather the the Fire stick, but if you leave the video paused for like 5 minutes it turns on this screensaver and when you click back on you are forced to watch another ad. Really annoying because a lot of times I will start a video and get through the ad and pause it, then do a quick errand around the house and come back and now I gotta watch another ad ya know? Lame.

Any ideas?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

For the 1st part, those issues are app dependent, it's not a "Firestick" issue.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Firestick remote just decided it no longer wanted to control volume on my vizio soundbar. The remote controls everything else on the firestick except volume on the soundbar.

Connection setup is optical from TV to soundbar. Firestick on Arc to TV.

Ive changed batteries.
    Ive updated existing remote. It's current.
    Ive added + updated a second remote. It's current.
    Ive power cycled fire stick twice.
    Ive reset soundbar to factory settings and set back up.

Nothing seems to be happening. Best I can figure is that the soundbars IR profile isn't registering, but ive tried all the options under the firestick setup that they give me and nothing works.

Edit: Nevermind. Don't know what the fuck did it. Been trying this for hours and I guess the 200th time is the charm. It still wont toggle the soundbar on and off, but at least I have volume control back.

Edit 2: Just for posterity, the remote has decided it wants to toggle soundbar power on and off again after I took a frustration nap.