• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 37 of 122 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    what's even more wild is that dirk prevented kobe AND lebron from 3 peating with that one playoff run. i definitely think its one of the best single player accomplishments in nba history
    it's maybe my favorite modern playoff run, especially after Dirk (and Terry) choked away the 06 Finals then got their 67-win team bopped out of the first round by Baron's Warriors. dudes failed as hard and as publicly as one can fail then come back with that fuckin run, into the teeth of 5-6 superstars, underdogs in every round.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    only thing i'd nitpick about personally is that i think holiday and middleton are pretty much in same tier, because jrue's defense is god-tier and unimpeachable. agree w/pretty much the rest.

finals mvps are always sorta weird. you get guys getting them by default, mostly because the idiot media viewers sitting in the arena don't really know what to do when there isn't someone averaging 30 points a game for the series (another example of how casual viewers just don't understand defense). there was a picture a while back where one of the voters put iggy and then it said something like "by default???" anyway, ben wallace was clearly the most important player in that series. the other thing i'd add is the context of those exact series: two ENORMOUS underdogs beat back two of the ultimate juggernauts (shaq/kobe) and obviously the first iteration of the heat big 3.
    Curry and Wallace were def robbed, Finals MVP is a joke. kinda crazy Steph has never gotten it despite being the centerpiece of the Dubs dynasty.

was looking up some stats to refresh myself and hot damn that Detroit D was ferocious. a height-of-his-powers Shaq was the only Laker in the entire series to both average more than 3 points and shoot above 40%, i repeat, 3 points per game on >40%. Kobe vomited up 22 a game on 38% / 17% splits with 4 more assists than turnovers. the mercenary Hall of Fame roleplayers in Payton and Malone combined for 9.2 points a game on 33%. team got clamped so fuckin bad.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    it's maybe my favorite modern playoff run, especially after Dirk (and Terry) choked away the 06 Finals then got their 67-win team bopped out of the first round by Baron's Warriors. dudes failed as hard and as publicly as one can fail then come back with that fuckin run, into the teeth of 5-6 superstars, underdogs in every round.
    to me the one where the spurs came back and beat the heat after being absolutely heartbroken the year before was prob my favorite. raps beating warriors, detroit beating lakers, and boston's championship also brought me great joy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    Curry and Wallace were def robbed, Finals MVP is a joke. kinda crazy Steph has never gotten it despite being the centerpiece of the Dubs dynasty.

was looking up some stats to refresh myself and hot damn that Detroit D was ferocious. a height-of-his-powers Shaq was the only Laker in the entire series to both average more than 3 points and shoot above 40%, i repeat, 3 points per game on >40%. Kobe vomited up 22 a game on 38% / 17% splits with 4 more assists than turnovers. the mercenary Hall of Fame roleplayers in Payton and Malone combined for 9.2 points a game on 33%. team got clamped so fuckin bad.
    can't tell you how much i eye-rolled that season with the media going nuts over the malone/payton pickup. like i still thought the lakers were the favorites but not because of those guys lol

BG Level

loved Kawhi's too. Toronto was a long-suffering city and he got to shut everyone up after all the shit he had to eat for his knee falling apart.

plus that game 7 shot tho

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

it's very funny that the malone/payton lakers were a joke but also the westbrook/howard/melo lakers are an even bigger joke

fool me once, shame ...shame on you...fool me twice...you...you can't get fooled again

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BG Level

Lol didn't realize he was still out, very good and funny how owned he got

BG Level

Jokic gets a weird pass for being such a dirty player. the full wind-up smack on Payne last year + slamming his elbow into Kanter's injured shoulder. anybody else sprints at a dude to crack his spine and knock him out for 30 games would be getting vilified.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

i wonder why

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    i wonder why
    Because they deserved it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

people fucking HATE the morris twins fwiw

BG Level

part of it is people do hate the Morris twins (tho he never got much shit for his dirty plays on Payne or Kanter either), part of it is he is white, and even worse Eastern European white. i've noticed a lot of folk fetishize people from the Balkans or Russia, see them as harder, more barbaric, mercenary killers, give them a pass whenever they act like cunts.

see that shit all the time in MMA every Russian fighter is treated like a Terminator. Petr Yan lost his title to Aljamain Sterling performing a brutal illegal knee and getting disqualified and everyone p much just shrugged, said what a savage, and blamed Sterling for not fighting through it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i still see people celebrate zaza so i agree

BG Level

But also I feel like there's a bit of "punk the euro" culture in the NBA too

I don't stan Jokic's aggression other than in this instance but in this instance it was very cool and good

BG Level

I'm sorry but how tf are the Nets going to have a player named David Duke Jr. on their team

You have to change your name dog

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah I'm not at all going to be upset about dudes like the Morris twin or Pat Bev getting injured.

I don't want to see people get injured, but I'm not gonna be bothered by it

BG Level

I say this because the Bucks are waxing the Nets rn despite Jrue being out and giving something called a Langston Galloway 20 minutes

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I'm sorry but how tf are the Nets going to have a player named David Duke Jr. on their team

You have to change your name dog
    Man you really don't pay attention to basketball other then looking at box scores huh, this dude's name has been a talking point since he was playing at Providence

His parents are from Liberia so his dad (ie David Duke Sr) likely had no idea who he was sharing a name with.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Yeah I'm not at all going to be upset about dudes like the Morris twin or Pat Bev getting injured.

I don't want to see people get injured, but I'm not gonna be bothered by it
    I don't care if LeBron got checked like that after a cheap shot. Don't start shit if you don't want it finished.

Closed Thread
Page 37 of 122 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast