+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My webcomics     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

My webcomics

Hey peeps, long time lurker here to BG (since old FFXI days). Anyways, not sure if this is ok to post here as I have a low post count (and completely understand if this is taken down), but I have been creating a webcomic for over 4 years now and would love to share it with y'all. It is called Clams on the Side, and is basically an absurd webcomic with saltiness mixed in here and there. You can find it on all the major social media (Insta, Twitter, FB, Reddit /rcomics, etc.) @clamsontheside. So hope that I can at least bring some smiles to your faces (or groans if that is your thing). Have a few comics below for your sampling:

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I like the art style, but a lot of the ones I've looked at so far have left me a bit confused. Some of my favorites that I saw: 400, 390, 377, 376, 374. I think the music lyric interpretations are my favorite theme of the bunch.

Edit: The older ones were more amusing to me than the newer ones, so I think it was just a rough start for my tastes.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Hey Tomiko,

thanks for the feedback. Would it be alright to ask which ones were a bit confusing to you? I would like to know how I could get the messages across a bit better.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Confusing might have been the wrong word overall. I think a better description would be that some fell flat with me for one reason or another (like being unable to relate to having a child in 409). For one that I didn't get, 407 would be an example. I feel like I'm missing a punchline.

I did enjoy them more often than not though. You're doing a great job overall.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ohhh! That explains a lot then From 405-410 instead of doing regular comics I did some creepy Halloween/Horror themed comics (inspired by Beckscomics). So, no there definitely are no punchlines in those. Just supposed to be weird and creepy. Perhaps I should put those in their own respective categories to avoid confusion. My bad. Thanks for those kind words though, and if there are others that you had trouble with or things I could do better (which I am very sure I can) please let me know

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not sure if you still check this post, but something else reminded me of your comics and I went to check out recent ones (I went from 485-453). I liked these ones a lot more than the first few I had read before and didn't really get.

Some of my favorites: 478, 481, 473, 466, 453.

Not sure if you're aware, but 475 don't show up. Either from the direct link or from going forward/backward from surrounding comics.

Keep up the great work!

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Hey Tomiko! Thanks for the feedback. Not sure why 475 didn't show up as it was on the server. Guess it was some glitch. I re-uploaded it and it should be all good now.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

CatherineJohnson: I have them posted all over social media as well as my website: www.clamsontheside.com

*tried to post more here, but the tags aren't working for me. So have to look them up on the website or @clamsontheside on all social media sites (instagram, reddit, twitter, etc.*

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks for the kind words Andira

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag