The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Home theater build recs

I've bought a new house and I am building out a home theater. I'm looking for equipment recs. I'm unsure if I can manage 7.1.4 setup because the room is relatively narrow. I may be able to move the couch a couple feet off the wall though to allow for rear speakers. I don't have measurements, but I'll post pics of the space as the current occupants have it. Let's assume my budget is 10-12k for the equipment. Room has no windows, will be painted dark, and the flooring is going to be replaced.

I'm looking at an Epson 5050ub projector...I'm not sure if it's worth jumping to a native 4k projector as opposed to this pixel shift model if it going to cost $2,500 or more for the jump.

I'm not sure about center, sub, or the L and R front, side, rear and ceiling speakers. I really want an experience like we are sitting in a theater.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Not sure if it was a 7.1.4 setup, but my dad had a great setup with speakers built into the ceiling running through a Dennon receiver. He had it set up so everything was essentially out of sight, out of mind, so I'm not even sure where he stuck the sub. I'd recommend hitting up a local home theatre shop and maybe have them come out and don a consultation

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You're going to want to sound treat some of those hard flat surfaces. Since you're going for a full home theater setup you'll probably also need to look into some bass traps.