+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 131 FirstFirst ... 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    had to say. you can argue holing up for 2 years straight just prolonged the inevitable
    That was the point. It was to buy time for medicines and spread out the burden on emergency services.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

literally 40% of the province simultaneously getting covid within a one month time period is the opposite of what you're describing

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

literally 40% of the province simultaneously getting covid within a one month time period is the opposite of what you're describing
    What? How hard is it to understand? 40% getting COVID now is far better than then.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    What? How hard is it to understand? 40% getting COVID now is far better than then.
    Yes, how hard is it to understand... and why do you keep talking about subject matter you have zero knowledge of.

here in ontario 12/21 - 01/22 was actually worse than 12/20 - 01/21
    More people died to COVID in Ontario between 12/21 - 01/22, than any other time period of the pandemic. A lot more.

The very beginning of the pandemic between Mar 2020 - April 2020, the first winter wave between Dec 2020 - Jan 2021, whatever. During all the worst portions of the pandemic, a metric ton of Ontarians died to COVID specifically due to how the province handled the situation.

The plan of releasing the swarm during the most infectious period of the pandemic ended up being insanely fatal. Absolutely nobody in our province had immunity because a) nearly nobody had caught COVID 1-3 months prior due to the province wide shutdowns and b) the booster shots given out by the government in the spring/summer had lost their antibodies by the time Dec/Jan rolled around and in Ontario you were only allowed to have boosters once every 8 months, including medical personnel, because our country does not produce vaccines.

People were fired in droves because of how this province handled the pandemic, so trying to spin it to fit whatever silly narrative you're trying here is absolute nonsense. The province acknowledges they fucked up. The heads already rolled.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

More people getting it still results in more death. The chance of death now is lower than then for various reasons. There's no real spin to it than that simple reality.

It's not like I'm moving heaven and earth to make it sound realistic. But you know what, sure, everyone should have gotten it in 2020 because more are dying now from the removal of and lack of interest in COVID prevention. Clearly it was just all in vain because fools be dying.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

New variant has dropped, Arcturus. An omicron variant that is even more infectious and is currently ravaging India. It's not anymore severe, but it does pass person to person more easily. It is expected to be the dominant strain in the US and EU by the end of the year.

BG Level

This the pinkeye variant? How utterly shit.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

We keep getting a big new variant every year theres a new season of Loki. TVA stop it

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Guess I better stop being a lazy piece of shit and get my omicron booster.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    New variant has dropped, Arcturus. An omicron variant that is even more infectious and is currently ravaging India. It's not anymore severe, but it does pass person to person more easily. It is expected to be the dominant strain in the US and EU by the end of the year.
    How can it be even more infectious than it already is? Jeez.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Honest question. At this point what effect will this virus have on human populations long term? Is the medicine and treatments good enough that we won't have to worry about it or is there a possibility that slowly of a long period of time this will push humans to be more resistant to the virus naturally?

Doesn't seem like there is any way to prevent getting covid anymore even with all the measures we had been using previously. As impactful as the flu when you get it but far more contagious and prevalent. What a pain in the ass.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Getting vaccinated and boosted significantly reduces your risk of contracting COVID-19

so just keep doing that

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Honest question. At this point what effect will this virus have on human populations long term? Is the medicine and treatments good enough that we won't have to worry about it or is there a possibility that slowly of a long period of time this will push humans to be more resistant to the virus naturally?

Doesn't seem like there is any way to prevent getting covid anymore even with all the measures we had been using previously. As impactful as the flu when you get it but far more contagious and prevalent. What a pain in the ass.
    Uh, you can still prevent severe illness.

That's like saying "well uh how good are the medicines at preventing HIV since we could all get it" I mean you could use lots of medicines or just idk use a fucking condom or hot take practice celibacy.

Everyone can get COVID, but like Archie said you can cut your risk down pretty significantly by being vaccinated.

We still see cases at the hospital every day but they aren't dying anymore and it's not because the virus burned out people actually have some measure of protection and Paxlovid.

I still have patients who develop psychological issues from getting COVID when there were no vaccines available or in the unvaccinated, so for your sake just don't fuck around and find out.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Do we know anything about long covid risks at this point for people who are vaccinated and getting boosted?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Do we know anything about long covid risks at this point for people who are vaccinated and getting boosted?
    Latest estimates are about 15% of people would develop long COVID symptoms. 1 dose of vaccine reduces the risk by about 40% while multiple doses have diminishing returns and a decent reduction over 50%.

If you already have had COVID and get a dose, the risk is dropped by almost 30%.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Best thing we can do is make sure access to vaccines and paxlovid is kept affordable and easy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I heard some guy got the Vax and a week later his sister fell out of a helicopter, something to consider.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    How can it be even more infectious than it already is? Jeez.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk
    i'd rather shit be more contentious and less severe than vice versa

we're a long ways away from what mers and sars 1 were because luckily viruses usually evolve themselves to becoming more and more benign over time

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Uh, you can still prevent severe illness.

That's like saying "well uh how good are the medicines at preventing HIV since we could all get it" I mean you could use lots of medicines or just idk use a fucking condom or hot take practice celibacy.

Everyone can get COVID, but like Archie said you can cut your risk down pretty significantly by being vaccinated.

We still see cases at the hospital every day but they aren't dying anymore and it's not because the virus burned out people actually have some measure of protection and Paxlovid.

I still have patients who develop psychological issues from getting COVID when there were no vaccines available or in the unvaccinated, so for your sake just don't fuck around and find out.
    Prep is like one pill daily or apretude is an injection every 2 months. So not a lot of meds to take to prevent HIV. And the pills depend on which model you take cause them European peeps definitely do front and back loading for Prep and still have almost 0 transmission rates

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah; last time I got checked for STI I asked them about it since I was curious and contemplating getting on PrEP. Stockholm (and Sweden as a whole) apparently has almost 0 new cases of HIV a month for Swedish citizens. Pretty much all new registered cases are either drug related or non-Swedish citizens. Pretty much everyone is on PrEP today. It might be "racist" to say, but the nurse essentially told me that as long as I don't have unprotected sex abroad or with people vacating in Sweden, the risk of contracting it is almost negligible.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag