Page 7 of 131 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Because in order to get that money she worked 1200+ hours of overtime while exposing herself to a potentially deadly virus?
    Thats it?? Sign me up.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Do you even know what nurses do?
    Make tiktok videos of them dancing as a group and then bitch about how shitty and stressful their job is on twitter and reddit

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Yeah, at least they can work ridiculous hours of overtime while exposing themselves to a potentially deadly virus
    covid has presented a lot of bad scenarios in the world. working 60-70 hour work weeks and getting paid a shit ton of money for working those extra hours is far from the worst situation you can be living in

peeps who work for bezos wish they had that situation. peeps who are on the streets wish they had that situation

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

1200 OT hours is 24 hours a week for a year. So that guy worked, on average, 5 12hr shifts a week for a year. In the comments, he stated he'd do stretches of 10-30 days in a row.

He also said he's taking an entire year off. 6 months traveling, 6 months not doing shit.

The stress and difficulty of the job is highly highly individualized. For a new nurse going through this, all the bullshit probably isn't worth the mental health hit. For someone that's been doing it for a decade and knows they can leave at anytime and have another job before they leave the parking lot...it's not that bad. It's absolutely worth the money. The young nurses who went into the field to help people, to be a "hero", or one of the 1,000 other ways people try to describe this field...they are getting eaten alive as they come in.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Its really fucking tone-deaf to flex your "uber unsafe and really really stressful" 80 hours/week $100++/hr job when there are easily 10x as many people out there who have to work two fulltime jobs just to put food on the table and keep a roof over their heads.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Poverty exists and it sucks. That doesn't mean a high paying job can't be stressful. That doesn't make it tone deaf. The idea that you can't discuss wages if you make over x amount or can't complain about job stresses if you make over x amount of dollars is just a ridiculous comment.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Nobody in their right minds wants to be a nurse. Those people deserve all the money they can get and then some. People who think anyone would be happy to step into their shoes are fucking clueless.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    1200 OT hours is 24 hours a week for a year. So that guy worked, on average, 5 12hr shifts a week for a year. In the comments, he stated he'd do stretches of 10-30 days in a row.

He also said he's taking an entire year off. 6 months traveling, 6 months not doing shit.

The stress and difficulty of the job is highly highly individualized. For a new nurse going through this, all the bullshit probably isn't worth the mental health hit. For someone that's been doing it for a decade and knows they can leave at anytime and have another job before they leave the parking lot...it's not that bad. It's absolutely worth the money. The young nurses who went into the field to help people, to be a "hero", or one of the 1,000 other ways people try to describe this field...they are getting eaten alive as they come in.
    yes i did the math too. he worked 64-72 hours a week depending if his regular hours are 40, 44, or 48.

nursing is obviously a difficult and shitty job but at the same time a 70 hour work week isn't even that long. that's practically normal hours in the private sector

and there are hundreds of other difficult and shitty jobs during covid that do not afford you the possibility of making 300k within a year. it's awesome he made the cash, capitalism working as intended. i applaud the guy. but fuck, the guy is bragging about the money he made. he could've just showed the amount of hours he worked if he wanted people to feel sorry for him... but he didn't lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Extreme stress
    unhealthy amount of hours
    daily hazards to your health during one of the worst epidemics in 100 years
    patients that are hostile, unhinged, and often threatening your life
    fringe groups calling for the outright murder of healthcare workers doing their jobs*
    watching people die over, and over, and over again.

spend 5 minutes reading stories in r/nursing. Anyone in a healthcare setting dealing with this shitshow deserves every damn penny they can get. Acting like healthcare workers dont have a right to complain and want more pay just because other people have a hard time too is fucking moronic. Get the fuck out of here.

* https://www.reddit.com/r/nursing/com...ath_q_anon_is/

Some nice little bedtime reading for those that don't get it.

BG Level

you can say all that about someone working at an amazon warehouse except you make 15 bucks an hour and there is zero regard for your health. normal ass people never got to work in hazmat suits while they were surrounded by thousands of other human beings indoors

the medical world isn't the only front-line industry that has been both dangerous and absolutely shitty. fuck the worldwide farming industry has something like 300k covid-related deaths linked to it... farm hands by the thousands are literally dying for us so we're able to eat.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Extreme stress
    Childs play vs a D11 Fafhogg with 200 chars in the pit.

unhealthy amount of hours
    I dealt with the FFXI RME grinds multiple times, FOR FREE. What kinda of flex is "unhealthy amount of hours" on a fucking message board built on a MMO that had people spending 12++ hours straight killing greater colibri to raise their double attack rate by +5% or to get song cast time -5%? Do you know where the fuck you are??? My word.

daily hazards to your health during one of the worst epidemics in 100 years
    I'm risking those hazards when I buy groceries or go to the gym

patients that are hostile, unhinged, and often threatening your life
    You get paid to deal with those kinda people?!?

fringe groups calling for the outright murder of healthcare workers doing their jobs*
    For 375k USD, ya'll can threaten my life too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I mean it’s not a pissing contest, but I worked way more hours then that nurse did every week over the last 2 years as a service plumber, I went into my fair share of covid positive households for repairs, was on call a large amount of the time, and most of the time the customers are pissed at me because how fucking dare I charge them after hours charges to come at 3 in the morning to fix their burst hose bibb that was flooding their basement.

I get that they work frontline and all that and they see shit I’d never want to see, but frankly I have no sympathy for anyone who chooses to go into that industry and then bitches about grossing $350k in a year, they knew what they were in for by the time they graduated university.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    a 70 hour work week isn't even that long. that's practically normal hours in the private sector

BG Level

i worked 102 hours from december 6th to december 12. that is not hyperbole, nor a joke

pussies

BG Level

also unless i'm mistaken that guy put that post in 'Nursing Wins', joked that he won covid, and you guys are complaining that he wants people to feel sorry for him

BG Level

but a quarter of that was at a computer screen so maybe cut that bit off

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

He posted that in a nursing forum lol. And I don't think he's asking for any sympathy. Bragging, yeah, but he didn't go to /r/entryleveljobs to do it. And FWIW, nurses typically work 3 12s a week. 36 hours.

The money doesn't really change the stress of the job, it just changes how much you'll tolerate. You can work in case management, informatics, education, etc as a nurse and deal with less stress. but no incentive pay, no overtime, etc. The money right now is at the bedside, and that's also where the shit is shoveled.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Tyche, don't waste your breath.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Capitalism will have you arguing over if worker A or worker B deserves more money instead of all workers getting paid more. Y'all keeping the energy towards the wrong groups. Lol

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

What if I told you

Both sides of the argument are stupid

+ Reply to Thread