• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oculus Quest (v1) squeezes my face- any recommendations?

Hi all, My brother in law gave me his Oculus Quest (v1) over christmas break.

This week I got setup with Immersed to try it out for work.

After a couple of 8 hour sessions with it I really like being able to work with it, has added quite a bit of efficiency.

My problem really is that its front heavy and presses on my face (top of my cheeks) quite a bit which by the end of the day is very uncomfortable.

To wear it correctly and reduce that pressure you're supposed to have the strap cup the back of your head but it always slides up, especially after tightening it.

It seems like I need a strap replacement that includes a counter weight or cushion, and a replacement facepad or facecover.

I browsed amazon but its been difficult finding quest 1 accessories since quest 2 is out and those are the top results. Also lots of the quest 1 accessories I found have mixed reviews on them.

I was looking at this instead of a strap replacement, its a cushion you can add to the existing strap:
    https://www.amazon.com/Orzero-Compat.../dp/B0894GR8B2

One of the reviews though said it didn't relieve any face pressure which is my goal.

I am looking at this for a silicone cover:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y71SJ76/

Mixed reviews on that as well.

For a strap replacement, most of the ones I found said they go over the ears - which the stock strap does not. I wear headphones while I work so that is just a deal breaker for me, and it seems like it would be uncomfortable as well.

Anyone have any recommendations on how to solve this problem of the quest 1 being front heavy and squeezing my face? I look like a racoon after a long day of working with it haha.

Thanks!

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A counterweight 100% helps with the quest. VRCover interface replacements also make it a lot more comfortable and easier to clean. Typically I've seen the strap replacements/addons that put an additional battery on the thing work the best, but they're also more expensive.