+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Once you get the accessories that charge your arts for reviving someone, you can change it up a bit. I give people things that account for someone being dead, give my tanks Nopon Dolls to stop enmity being all over, my healers Devotional Necklace to charge every res, and I can usually keep myself alive through the slew of bullshit. Give healers Prayer Necklace for extra safety. Gems for revives as well. Third slot can be whatever.

Getting a full charge of 3-4 heals and whatever else every time someone dies is REALLY powerful. It feels so risky sometimes though. I hope to eventually not be playing like that but when bosses are hitting for a third of my hp per auto, I don't know when that'll be.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So a bit of a late start since my copy came in Friday no thanks to the UPS. But besides that is there any advice for tanking? Really annoying trying to cycle through mobs to find the one that isn't on you. Especially with flying enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So a bit of a late start since my copy came in Friday no thanks to the UPS. But besides that is there any advice for tanking? Really annoying trying to cycle through mobs to find the one that isn't on you. Especially with flying enemies.
    The radial compass around your character shows which mobs are targeting you (roughly), but it's not realistic to gather them all up if you have 5+ on you. Try to get 2 or 3 and let the other tank gather the rest. The AI seems at least a little good at getting the tank to gather stray mobs

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Focus on the ones that have red lines? As those are targeting Healers and Attackers.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You can also link an aoe to your hate action

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What is with the obscene amount of items needed for that Tau-Tirkin Alliance quest? Is there anything negative from breaking the alliance?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

You lose a couple spots on the affinity chart and the Tirkin camp will be hostile for the rest of the game, beyond that I don't know.

You can get 30 of each item from a set of quests, apparently. Leaving you only needing 20 each. I haven't done it yet to know for sure. You can get Glare Aubergines from the Clifftop Fabricator as well.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I just discovered 30 of the first item from NPCs. So I think I will go ahead and do the quest properly. 20 of each item doesnt seem as bad lol

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You can also get Glare Aubergins along with Green Nectar in lower part of the forest where all the lvl 70 monsters are

And turns out I already had enough of 2nd and 3rd item after NPCs gave me theirs. Just need a few more glare aubergins now

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Also there is a lower area of that zone that has like level 70 mobs but a ton of collectables and like 2 or 3 of what you need from the quest is down there in droves. Green Nectarine and something else for sure. Also a waypoint as soon as you get to the lower area. Collectables also respawn on death. So just run around a grab everything (especially stuff with exclamation marks) and then either die to the poison pools or the level 70 mobs. Rinse and repeat. I sped through that quest and didn't even get all the items from NPCs.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Game is getting better but still far away from xc1 or 2

Some heroes quest could be better tho imo

Spoiler: show
    found a kinda of ninja guy that had a fight, then he runs and it pops as an hero quest, he could’ve been aimed as an enemy at first but now I know he will join later

Kinda remove some “twist”
    Ch 4 ending spoilers

It's even worse because you can see some people who "die" as shadows in the class system list. Hero system gives a lot of spoilers

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ohh, just unlocked the unique class in chapter 5 and was not expecting this type of job here!

Soulhacker, a Blue Mage class! Arts and skills are unlocked by killing unique monsters, however the ones you killed before unlocking the class don't count So will need to spend some thing doing rematches with a ton of mobs, lol.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Ohh, just unlocked the unique class in chapter 5 and was not expecting this type of job here!

Soulhacker, a Blue Mage class! Arts and skills are unlocked by killing unique monsters, however the ones you killed before unlocking the class don't count So will need to spend some thing doing rematches with a ton of mobs, lol.
    One of those QOL things that annoys me because I go after most orange mobs on sight and I'll have to fight them again. The Hero doesn't learn them either which I think is dumb.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    One of those QOL things that annoys me because I go after most orange mobs on sight and I'll have to fight them again. The Hero doesn't learn them either which I think is dumb.
    I just went orange mob hunting for the ones that were previously too strong for me. Damnit

At least I can just filter the map for just the gravestones I guess

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One thing though, I'm currently using the hero + another chara on this class and it doesn't seem to be unlocking for others at all. Is it just so slow or there's some special requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    One thing though, I'm currently using the hero + another chara on this class and it doesn't seem to be unlocking for others at all. Is it just so slow or there's some special requirement?
    You don't get any progress if you are fighting mobs 5 or more levels below your current level, which seems like the most likely cause.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah yeah, I did jump quite a bit with levels doing all the side stuff in that region. Didn't pay enough attention to notice that level difference thing, thanks!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (NSW) - July 29, 2022

So I’m currently in chapter 3 fighting consul J

and is it me or atm most consul members are idiots ?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    So I’m currently in chapter 3 fighting consul J

and is it me or atm most consul members are idiots ?

All of them are except for Ch 5+ character:
    M

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Think I've found my favorite build so far. (57 atm)

Incursor w/
    -Braided Belt
    -Rage Amulet
    -Lunae Rings
    -Analyze Weakness
    -Swelling Scourge
    -Doublestrike or Steady Striker

Give them Sidewinder+Demolition, Mystic Vision+Hidden Thorn, and w/e else for cherry on top. Bleed was ticking for as much as 5.5k at 57 and the longer you're in combat, the more every number increases. Damn I can't wait to see what comes later. This build makes those chunky enemies go down a lot faster. Incursor in general seems built for that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag