• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Looking for a new Android phone, but my current one still works (probably for another few months). If I was going to pick a current-gen flagship and I'm even willing to wait for the next batch to come out, which should I target?
    I'm satisfied with my galaxy 21+, but if I was buying now I'd get a Pixel.

The Galaxy line always having a large assortment of accessories is nice though, and why I went back to them after a few phones away from them. I had an HTC One that is likely my favorite phone ever, but the accessories were lacking and I never forgot that lol.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Samsung is the safest bet, albeit not the best performing. Best aftermarket support by a pretty large margin though for cases, repair, etc.

Google pixel for the best camera

Some other brands like poco and nothing offer competitive phones but finding cases and things is harder

If you don't mind the cringe gamer aesthetic or will just slap a vinyl/case on anyway, you can beat something like a rog phone or red magic 7s pro. The 7s pro in particular costs almost 50% less than a Samsung flagship while offering significantly better performance and some cool extras like shoulder buttons if you play games/emulators on your phone. Same issue as others though, harder to find accessories and the warranty would be harder to use. Rog phone is more stable there but also more expensive.

If you just want the normie android iPhone stick to Samsung.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I like my Pixel 6, battery life is pretty solid, camera's the best I've had. No complaints in the 4 months I've had it so far. Google has decent discounts sometimes if you're a Fi user. Got mine for $20/mo for 24mo.

But tbh, if I could do it again I'd take their 5a offering. It was sold out, but it's a subscription that comes with a phone upgrade on the regular. 6a will probably be the next offering and it looks pretty decent. Was like $12/mo at the time. Leaves you like a year behind the curve which I'm fine with given my last phone was an OG Pixel XL.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I have an S22 Ultra I got at launch and love it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Alright, I'll probably hold out for Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales and see if anything good shows up, then go with a last-gen Pixel or a Samsung. My Pixel 3 is still charging but it has its moments where it thinks maybe actually not charging is what it should do.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

with no regard for budget the Galaxy S22 Ultra is prolly the single best phone you can buy right now, full stop. however it is a lot of phone and you can get most of what it does for far cheaper.

Google is fixing to release the Pixel 7 shortly tho, launch is October 6th. we'll see what it has to offer, Pixel 6 and 6 Pro were darn good values.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I had the S22u for a few weeks, traded it in for the flip 4. It was just too big for me.

I'd wait for the Pixel launch like AG said, see what that's all about.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I had the S22u for a few weeks, traded it in for the flip 4. It was just too big for me.

I'd wait for the Pixel launch like AG said, see what that's all about.
    I don't like the Ultra line, too phat. The + line is where it's at imo

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The pixel 7 got announced and it looks great. Way cheaper than Samsung too. Honestly it looks so good I might resell this s21+ while it's still worth money and get the shiney new pixel.

BG Level

ye it's looking solid and the price per performance smokes both Samsung and Apple as it did last year. i'm looking at their new smart watch she's a pretty gal.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have no valid reason to upgrade since my 6 is fine, but at the trade in prices being offered I can effectively upgrade my 256GB 6 to the 256GB 7 for $150.

So yeah time for a new phone.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I have no valid reason to upgrade since my 6 is fine, but at the trade in prices being offered I can effectively upgrade my 256GB 6 to the 256GB 7 for $150.

So yeah time for a new phone.
    Just for new battery longevity and software concerns it's worth it at such prices. I can probably break even or profit getting one.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Trade-in prices are surprisingly high. I can get $325 for my 4a5g.

BG Level

Google is way way behind in the mobile hardware world they gunning for market share and gunning hard

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, looks like it'll be a Pixel 7 for me. They're only willing to give me $35 for my Pixel 3 lol

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

My preorder from Best Buy was supposed to arrive yesterday. Now it's scheduled for anywhere between tomorrow and late next week.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    My preorder from Best Buy was supposed to arrive yesterday. Now it's scheduled for anywhere between tomorrow and late next week.
    Which one are you getting

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They bumped the trade-in price for my phone up to $200 and had $100 off for Fi, so I pre-ordered as well. Pixel 7 for a final cost of ~400 including tax.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Which one are you getting

Regular Pixel 7 (128, obsidian). I demoed both the 7 and 7 Pro and if it wasn't for the size difference (the pro is a little too big for my tastes) I likely would have gotten the pro for the camera.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

With me, I got a OnePlus Nord and am very happy with that. If you use tmobile, the high end oneplus phone is a decent sub from what I've seen for a Pixel; they're pretty much base android. (Same with the Nord series to be honest, first budget phones I've seen that don't come with 200 tons of crapware.)

I'm not one to go for top of the line and I can't afford that anyway; midrange for me works just fine and that's all I need.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag