• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I just thought I would warn everybody.

If you own a "Galaxy Ax0" series that was first released in early 2019 all support has been dropped.

It's no wonder I guess I have been getting so many text messages to trade my phone in. This one has been "OK" but I don't think I want another Samsung.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

To be fair that sounds about right, A series is mid tier and they usually do 3 years of updates.
    But starting from 2022 or 2023 they do 4 years now for midtier and 5 years for high tier.

I suppose if you want to be safe, grab a Google Pixel 7a (newest mid range), the trade in deal should be relatively decent. They do 5 years updates.

BG Level

Yeah Pixel is what I am looking at now. I think I'm going to try and hold out for the 8 though that is supposed to be released later this year. I read it's going to have their next gen processor as well as a couple other improvements.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I've been using Pixels for a while now. The non-A versions typically release around October but then get decent discounts within 3-4 months if you can hold out even longer. The last couple of years Best Buy has had surprisingly good trade-in values at release.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah in that case, definitely hold out for the 8.

7A is decent but only comes in 1 size with no memory card slot (traditionally I believe none of the Google phones had memory card slots); but if you're looking to get a long term phone, definitely wait for the 8 and its 256gb variant to future proof a little.

BG Level

How are they on memory usage? I have deleted/disabled all unnecessary Samsung bloatware that I can but I still only have 1.7GB free at any given time.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They use memory no better or worse than any other android device

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

thinking of switching from Verizon to Visible, anyone here have thoughts?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    thinking of switching from Verizon to Visible, anyone here have thoughts?
    It's owned by Verizon if you didn't check. Basically save money for 2nd tier service - lower bandwidth and loss of service when Verizon is experiencing high loads like at concerts or conventions.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So okay. Thought I'd ask BG.

(Mind I could mention this next part in Random Win but I'm not fully calling it a win until I got a driver's license; working on that!) I not too long ago got me a old Toyota Camry; first car. It does not have a way to do hands free, and that's the law here; you can't use your phone in the car unless you got some way to do hands free...I thought about it and figured out a way to jury rig that. I got me this speaker which works with my OnePlus Nord N20.

Now all I need is a phone holder; want one that either hooks on the dash though the vents or sticks on the windshield. Any ideas, folks? Once I solve that, just need to test using Google Assistant to make calls and have it up when I'm in the car, and I should be golden.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I have a Anker wireless charging mount that connects to my dash vent. Works great.

BG Level

Just a reminder. Google Pixel 8 and Pro will officially launch on Wednesday. Full specs are already all over the internet. Live stream with all the details and pricing will start at 10am EST.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag