1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Exp System, 2000 exp to level up. 700 from loss, 900 for win.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You can brute force your way up by gaining xp and you get rewards at certain thresholds, can be done unranked or ranked. If you play ranked you can also raise your tier rank for end of season rewards…but be warned you can level down in tiers if you lose a few successive matches. The duty finder will only match you to people in a similar tier range for balance. But right now pretty much everyone is in the early levels since it just started.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I've been playing DNC in PVP, and I can say I've personally ended matches with my LB by charming all 5 of the enemy team and letting my crew just roll over them lol, also Starfall dance, and Fan Dance with a Sabre Dance is usually pretty good at chunking down any single target, usually a healer or a ranged DPS, or the NIN who thinks they're slick and tries to come around behind us and gets ganked >.>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The matching is pretty weird though, it seems it just aims to achieve a certain score and it does that e.g. by putting 1 silver with 4 non ranked people, which isn't great

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Because I was bored, I did some data gathering on the new Ishgard housing. On my server, there are currently 2122 bids across all the personal housing wards. Meanwhile there are a couple FC wards with 10-15 bids total across all the houses lol. I wonder how many are still holding out to bid within the last couple hours to try and increase their chances by bidding on low participation houses. Some people are also idiots; some plots have 20+ bids on it while the subdivision equivalent only has 3-5.

I was looking at a lot of the FC houses, and there are a TON without any bids... which pisses me off because every personal housing plot has 10+ for anything med+.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I have no idea why they had way more wards designated for FC vs. personal housing. Feels like that should have been reversed.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I still wish they'd scrap the system and make it a closed instance like XI's moghouse but I know that's wishful thinking

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Housing should have always remained FC exclusive with personals being something like apartments that can be upgraded.

And as a preview of how lottery is gonna be after these first couple rounds, there's one Shirogane plot that got demolished before the patch hit but not enough time passed for it to get placard botted so it fell victim to the lottery. Had 78 bids on it when I went to sleep last night lol.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I still wish they'd scrap the system and make it a closed instance like XI's moghouse but I know that's wishful thinking
    They still have that island house minion farm thing that's still to come

Yeah, I still stand by their choice of housing system dumb.

Pretty sure I've said this at some point over the years, but both instancing and the ability to construct a "neighborhood" with people on your friend's list should've been the way with public access a toggle. The neighborhood environment would otherwise have options to choose from relative to locale and even plot placement configuration (like 3x3x3, 2x6, etc.).

Going instanced from the start would also nip the "Oh no I "accidentally" bumped into (E)RP!" whines in the bud.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    They still have that island house minion farm thing that's still to come
    Hopefully it will be worth it. I'm not all that picky. I just want something to customize/toy around with

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So Machinist Chain Saw attack in pvp now has 3% (or 5% if buffed) chance to instant kill anything it hits. Yea, low chances but HILARIOUS when you KO the entire enemy team.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

So it's like aoe knockback in FFXI in reverse? If primary target of an aoe knockback resists the knockback effect, noone gets knocked back. So if the instant death chance occurs on the target, then it affects all of them?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah it appears to be a dice roll when the ability fires and not a resist check on the target. I think because all the pvp attacks are set potency and gear stats mean nothing for resistance in pvp it does all abilities like that.

BG Level

Welp no luck on the lottery and it doesn't seem like there's any way to indicate when someone actually got a house until they claim it so I need to wait. I really wish Yoshida would just nuke the housing system from orbit. It's obvious it's not a good system.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

what a great system, I was 4 of the bids

BG Level

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'm sure their QA only ran a simulated test on one plot, deemed it worked and thought they'd copy pasta the code for each placard to the next and call it a day.

BG Level

When I first read it part of me was hoping it was a derp using the index of an array as the lottery winner but yeah those pics show it's a bug.

Other than that is there a way to know when you can bid on a plot besides examining the sign next to it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast