1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Now to be callous, but using add-ons and mods on stream is "advertising" and announcing to people that you are using them. Can't feign ignorance when you're showing your hand.

Is it shit that SE is taking action now and not before? Yes and no. You were always risking it and all it needed was SE to be put in the spotlight for them to act, which they were.
    Except you all can't go all witchhunt without recognizing you are also witches. I guarantee there are people mass reporting for the LULZ that use the same tools.

My viewpoint is, if it doesn't give a competitive advantage IDGAF. I think the one exception (and really one SE has tactilely recognized) is Nael's RP dialogue in UCOB.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm sure some of the people that are joining in on reporting use all sorts of mods. They are just smart enough to not tell anyone. First and foremost, gotta protect yourself and streamers showing their add-ons just aren't doing that.

I personally don't really care what people use and luckily we haven't reached a point where you're required to use shit to join groups*. *FFlogs and by extention ACT, are def treading this line since a lot of groups from high-end down to midcore won't accept people unless they got a 'resume' of logs to prove their worth.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I mean you can say "they should have protected themselves," but also admit the fucking witchhunting/mass reporting is just as dumb and bad.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

who doesn't think that

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

The point is Lokus didn't explicitly state it, so Kaslo is hopefully setting it straight that both can be true at the same time.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Mass reporting is dumb. Hope that clears it up.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

even the people doing the mass reporting know it's dumb, they just don't care

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Humans doing what they've done for eons again? Color me surprised.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

JP report brigades have existed for a long time now. I know a lot of you don't play XI anymore but they've been doing it over there for a couple of years now.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So how long is the window between minor patches? Trying to estimate when best character's quests will come back.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So how long is the window between minor patches? Trying to estimate when best character's quests will come back.
    It largely depends. I kind of expected 6.15 this week, but that obviously didn't happen.

But we know 6.18 will be the end of Season 1 of CC, and that should be in approximately 4 to 6 weeks. So I would expect 6.15 either next week or the week after.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Crap I need to grind some more to max out my rank. Need to get the DRK and NIN armor along with more plate emotes

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Crap I need to grind some more to max out my rank. Need to get the DRK and NIN armor along with more plate emotes
    Note: That's just the Season (your CC Rank) not the Series (the season pass). The series ends at 6.2, so in like 2.5 more months.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Discovered PvP Cover shenanigans in Onsal last night and that shit is amazing. What made it extra funny was my own teammates reporting me for "cheating" lmao.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Cover shenanigans?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

When you cover a player, they take no damage and they also can't get interrupted if they are capping a point. The PLD uses LB or Guard so he survives long enough for his partner to cap. Since people don't know how to counter it yet (there's at least 4 counters), it's hella easy to cap a point in Onsal using this strat. I heard about this before, just never saw it in action until someone used it against me the other day. And reading up on various pvp discords, all I see is people bitching about it with no one discussing the counters to it lol.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oh fuck, I idn't even think about it stopping interrupts. What are the counters to it lol

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Speaking of capturing points, while CC has been a lot of fun, I feel like a lot of these changes have been more harmful to the larger 24 man PvP. Removing auto resist buffs and with so many more debuffs, it's so much easier to get locked to death. And with the nerfs to healing and so much more AoE damage, a lot of matches come down to which three SMN can coordinate their limit break ready macros the best. AoE damage in generally is pretty silly, there's never anything but SCH and SMN in the top damage slots every match. Gods help us when Rival Wings opens up again.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Job stacking is just way crazier now with the amount of burst damage you can do without much coordination. Getting locked down by debuffs is really disgusting now too which makes it worse. Plenty of times I've purified myself only to be stunned or bound immediately because the resist portion of Purify didn't activate. And if it does and I manage to get away, 9 out of 10 times there's a Warrior waiting to leash my ass back into the ground.

As far as counters for the cover strat, you have to be looking for it otherwise it's too late when a duo starts. Dancer or Reaper can stop it with their charm/terror debuffs and Warrior can yank the capper away.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

i ran into an army of smns today and i must say that i dislike that job even more now