+ Reply to Thread

Valve Index or Rift S for a VR newbie?

Alright quick question,

I've been wanting to get into VR solely so I can play games like Half Life Alyx and TWD: Saints and Sinners. Question is, do I go all out and get the Index for this or can I get away with a good experience (for newbie standards) with the Oculus Rift S?

I've been looking into the matter with like buyer's guides and comparisons (there's a useful chart at the bottom of this one
    https://www.allhomerobotics.com/valv...oculus-rift-s/), but it doesn't really answer my specific question. And also, I'm not versed enough to know how much of a difference better per-eye resolution and higher FOV makes.

So if any VR user here has a suggestion for me, I'd love to hear it.

TIA!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

How many opinions are you seeking?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quest 2 is cheap and effective and still the best “entry level” headset. You can play all steam VR games on it through virtual desktop which is built into the headset now (just need decent WiFi), added bonus of having access to quest exclusive titles like RE4.

I think we might be getting better headsets soon cause I know a lot are on the horizon, not sure if it’s worth waiting or getting now though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag